Avergae Price Per Square Wah For Across Suk (the Darkside)

Tokay

I've been gathering info on land prices and am finding that most of the moo baan developments are asking 17,000 - 20,000 per sq wah.

This seems a little high for me for this area as most of these places were a good 3 - 6km from sukimvit. Or am I off?

Does anyone know is this is average and fire price or are they too steep?

That's probably what you'll pay in a development.

Land prices have been going up, and even with the current economic mess very little evidence is there that owners are dropping prices.

Raw land can still be had for under a million/rai, although you'd need to look hard for that. Good locations in the Lake mabprachan area are between 1.2 and 2.5 million/rai. Which is between 3000 and 6250 Baht/Twah.

If a developer buys at those prices, ending up with a percentage of it unsellable (roads, public parts), expenses such as roads, perimeter walls, bringing in electrics, water and rain drainage system, and you'll see where the price comes from...

You need to be a bit more specific Tokay, there are a lot of variables, are you comparing like for like?, ie: ekmongkol and siam royal view are both in your distance's but vastly different ! (no disrespect to either)

I think it would be fair to say there is no "average" unless you are comparing two identical projects in identical locations with identical features and services!

Some moo baans dont seperate the house and the land (sold as one), so then you have to apply your own percetion as to what the land is worth.

With literally hundereds of moo baans on the east side, have you really looked at most of them?

The land office actually stipulates a price for all land similar to a "rateable value" in UK, this is how they calculate their fees, but i have never known anyone to actually charge that price, however the banks will normally use this figure for consideration of any loan / mortgage on the property.

The bottom line is the land will be worth whatever you or someone else is prepared to pay for it, so if the price dosent suit you, move on to the next one - there are plenty to choose from!

That's probably what you'll pay in a development.

Land prices have been going up, and even with the current economic mess very little evidence is there that owners are dropping prices.

Raw land can still be had for under a million/rai, although you'd need to look hard for that. Good locations in the Lake mabprachan area are between 1.2 and 2.5 million/rai. Which is between 3000 and 6250 Baht/Twah.

If a developer buys at those prices, ending up with a percentage of it unsellable (roads, public parts), expenses such as roads, perimeter walls, bringing in electrics, water and rain drainage system, and you'll see where the price comes from...

Thank you.

You need to be a bit more specific Tokay, there are a lot of variables, are you comparing like for like?, ie: ekmongkol and siam royal view are both in your distance's but vastly different ! (no disrespect to either)

I think it would be fair to say there is no "average" unless you are comparing two identical projects in identical locations with identical features and services!

Some moo baans dont seperate the house and the land (sold as one), so then you have to apply your own percetion as to what the land is worth.

With literally hundereds of moo baans on the east side, have you really looked at most of them?

The land office actually stipulates a price for all land similar to a "rateable value" in UK, this is how they calculate their fees, but i have never known anyone to actually charge that price, however the banks will normally use this figure for consideration of any loan / mortgage on the property.

The bottom line is the land will be worth whatever you or someone else is prepared to pay for it, so if the price dosent suit you, move on to the next one - there are plenty to choose from!

Guess the question was pretty vauge. I am looking for something that I could use as a rough gauge so I could better know if a property was asking way too much or not.

I didn't know if there was an "acceptable" price that was the norm in certain areas. Of course I understand each moo baan can charge what they would like, but I didn't know if there was an "average" price for it in moo baans ranging from 3m - 5m baht.

Even within a single moo baan there can be differences in the price they charge, some put a premium on corner sites, sites near the pool, sites near the security etc.

Asking the residents within a particular moo baan will help too, are they getting their moneys worth? Services, Security, Maintainence etc. as promised.

It really is difficult to put an "average" price to it other than doing the legwork as you are already, at the end of the day you have to be happy with it.

Good luck!

Edited by LennyW

• 11 months later...
Even within a single moo baan there can be differences in the price they charge, some put a premium on corner sites, sites near the pool, sites near the security etc.

Asking the residents within a particular moo baan will help too, are they getting their moneys worth? Services, Security, Maintainence etc. as promised.

It really is difficult to put an "average" price to it other than doing the legwork as you are already, at the end of the day you have to be happy with it.

Good luck!

The land price per Sq.w is pretty the same as other housing project but the house price is high with their high quality (they claimed that they having a good foundation for the hill top house construction) I think you can buy only land their and then find your own contractor to build your house. Or you hire siam royal view to build only house structure and then you have finishing an interior by yourself. They provide you an alternative price list, my friend now working on buying their land but build their own house from that 2 options.