Carrefore To Samui

Is that a Carrefore I see being built on the road from Nathon to Hua Thanon?? :)

i don't car flore a carrflour because of the amoun of traffic at the moment feels similar to BBK

I was in Bangkok over the weekend- Samui is a little country town in comparison traffic-wise. :D

i''l rememeber that when i am sitting in my car for 1 hour in maneam :D

Of what I hear, Tesco Chaweng will no longer be in it's current format.Tesco nationwide are undertaking a remodeling & re branding campaign.The one in Chaweng will be a Mall concept.

So really you are going to have the one in Lamai & Express in nathon.So big C could be looking at a revival & Carrefour will be poised to take over the gap too.

so what u mean just as home pro and tescos have joined forces.

car flour will follow big c. pless no. there are enough shopping centersd in samui charging 3 times more than bangkok.

in fact i don't really care about the prices. just i hate traffic.

maybe stick it out in lipa noi. away from me. might help flow the traffic round the island rarther than in just one place. all that weight of car might cause the road to collapes. is this small island readfy for this amount of weight and frieght.

as for the chap who said that they have been to bangkok and samui is like an island village town compared. you think that in the 6y years i have been her that i have not been to bangers. i used to live there. some of samui is grid locked at times. no matter where u r in the world a jam is a jam.

Just checked the site out.

It is between the Immigration traffic lights outside of Nathon and the next traffic lights (which is the turn off for Raja ferry and the transport office) in the direction of Hua Thanon.

I tried to ask what they are building, with the prompt, is this Tesco Lotus? The reply was Carrefour, but they may have meant "careful". So if any of you are passing with your Thai g/f, maybe you could ask.

Must admit, a space cadet training centre would be interesting. At least we will know why no money is being spent on the roads, who needs roads when you can go into space. :D:D

are they nuts? :) I have lived here for 5 years and would shop there...but no way I am going to drive there from Bophut to shop...who do they think will shop there????

i'm all ready p'ed off because you Samuians have 3 mega-markets and we have one Lotus Tesco about the size of a big 7/11. give us a real supermarket on KPN!

Well said, bravo!

(maybe enough double the Tesco we have already?)

are they nuts? :) I have lived here for 5 years and would shop there...but no way I am going to drive there from Bophut to shop...who do they think will shop there????

There is a very large catchment area between Lamai and Nathon, a good supermarket would be most welcome.

I'll second that.

We country folk from the deep south would certainly use it thus avoiding the smoke of Lamai and Chaweng!

Sure you would, but remember it will bring development and regrettably you will become like Lamai and Chaweng.

So make the most of still being country folk 'cos it won't last. :)

I'll second that.

We country folk from the deep south would certainly use it thus avoiding the smoke of Lamai and Chaweng!

Sure you would, but remember it will bring development and regrettably you will become like Lamai and Chaweng.

So make the most of still being country folk 'cos it won't last. :D

yet, I don't see any confirmation that this Carrefour is any more than roumor. :)

remy1960:

There is a very large catchment area between Lamai and Nathon, a good supermarket would be most welcome.

You mean an underwater supermarket?

I have seen products in that shop that used to be right outside Tongsala that I have never seen for sale on Samui.

Carrefore is as different from Tesco and Big C as Big C and Tesco are from each other. (If you can say that in Thai correctly you are hot!)

remy1960:

You mean an underwater supermarket?

I have seen products in that shop that used to be right outside Tongsala that I have never seen for sale on Samui.

Carrefore is as different from Tesco and Big C as Big C and Tesco are from each other. (If you can say that in Thai correctly you are hot!)

Mark Wolfe, is your middle name Wally?