Mee And My Dad

Mrbiggus

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

I know this girl, I know several of her friends..

The couple in the video have seperated now,.

She has a new boyfriend.

Everyone knew that would happen. Only unknown was how much she'd get out of him, and if the guy would go balcony diving when it happened

Update

She has a new boyfriend.

Do you know what happened to the old guy? Did the lady get another Farang? Did she get the house?

They are both living in the same city up north now. I haven't spoken to her much, the video shows her in a much better light than reality. I don't know him, but my friends do, and say he is a really nice guy. She does have a new western boyfrind.

He bought her a car and a house, then refused to buy her a business, which was the alleged reason for the breakup.

Not sure who kept what, knowing the bunch that she hangs out with, I can't imagine he got anything back.

The loss was in the 1-2Mbht range, not so bad IMHO.

Edited by ludditeman

Update

She has a new boyfriend.

Do you know what happened to the old guy? Did the lady get another Farang? Did she get the house?

They are both living in the same city up north now. I haven't spoken to her much, the video shows her in a much better light than reality. I don't know him, but my friends do, and say he is a really nice guy. She does have a new western boyfrind.

He bought her a car and a house, then refused to buy her a business, which was the alleged reason for the breakup.

Not sure who kept what, knowing the bunch that she hangs out with, I can't imagine he got anything back.

The loss was in the 1-2Mbht range, not so bad IMHO.

Now moved onto her latest victim I wonder if he reads Thai Visa

Yes very good documentry. but I think he would have had a lot less stress with a girl closer to his own age. it's like shes married to her grandfarther.

On the airplane from Bangkok last night there was a guy who said he was 68, married to a 29 year old woman - they looked ridiculous and what on earth could they have in common? dry.gif

I have a theory that when men get to 60 years old, some of them get a condition that makes them act like a teenager - they then come to Thailand and make a total <deleted> of themselves.

About 6 years ago I regularly bumped into a Welsh guy (may he rest in peace) in Bangkok who came out with the classic line...

"I'm 86...I wish I'd come here 10 year ago" huh.png

But back on topic...the old guy was a dreamer/prat...the Mrs was a wrong 'un...

I felt sorry for the son...

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

Yes very good documentry. but I think he would have had a lot less stress with a girl closer to his own age. it's like shes married to her grandfarther.

On the airplane from Bangkok last night there was a guy who said he was 68, married to a 29 year old woman - they looked ridiculous and what on earth could they have in common? dry.gif

I have a theory that when men get to 60 years old, some of them get a condition that makes them act like a teenager - they then come to Thailand and make a total <deleted> of themselves.

About 6 years ago I regularly bumped into a Welsh guy (may he rest in peace) in Bangkok who came out with the classic line...

"I'm 86...I wish I'd come here 10 year ago" huh.png

But back on topic...the old guy was a dreamer/prat...the Mrs was a wrong 'un...

I felt sorry for the son...

RAZZ

Since my daughter convinced me to get a face book page and my girlfriend found it and her girlfriends found it too. My social life is pretty much an open book (assuming you know how Thai women like to take photos). That said I wonder why you feel sorry for the son. I don't feel sorry for my daughters.

Since my daughter convinced me to get a face book page and my girlfriend found it and her girlfriends found it too. My social life is pretty much an open book (assuming you know how Thai women like to take photos). That said I wonder why you feel sorry for the son. I don't feel sorry for my daughters.

I don't feel sorry for the son either, and I am in a similar situation that the son was in the docu. My father, who is in his early 70s, is about to marry a much younger thai lady. I am 40 (and married to my own thai lady). And I would NEVER ever tell my father how to live his life! And who picks a fight with his own father at the fathers wedding??? I noticed that lot's of people posting in this thread thought the son was mature and well balanced. I thought he was immature, childish and had a weird view of fatherhood.

Why do strangers really CARE what other people do with their money and time? Does it have any affect on the stranger's lives? Why do people on thaivisa have so much interest in other people's lives? Does it affect us personally? I give most of my money away to charity. Should that be of any concern to anyone else but myself? One of the things I've learned over the past 72 years is we really only have to look after ourselves. Others can come or go as they please. We can CHOOSE to be happy or CHOOSE to be sad. It's all up to us. I don't give a rat's azz what others think of me. Why should I care? Solve your own problems and let others solve theirs. Maybe the guy enjoyed helping the younger woman, and their time spent together was worth every penny/baht he spent on her. I was married to my second wife for 7 years and yet the financial loss and heartache when she left was worth it. And, as it turned out, she did me a favour by leaving. Marriage anywhere is ALWAYS a gamble and the odds of most couples staying together are pretty poor... 50% at best.

And, one further question... Why did someone open this 3 year old thread? Nocturn WAS right, things are stagnating here and the smell is getting bad.

Edited by IanForbes

The girl MEE was a classic hooker, you could tell that a milde off, she was course and vulgar,

The chap was in love with a younger bird, sh eeven said the the docu that if he had no cash they wouldn't be together!!

This is just another case of an older chap punching above his weight for a while with a younger bird who when she has bled him dry he's on the pavement,

He seemed like a nice chap, I don't know him so that's only an opinion, my opinion of her is also what I saw but don't know her either, although I am sure she was serving more that food and drinks when he met her!

The son, he was OK, looking out for his Dad and it seems now that he was right to be concerned, I reckon he was worried about his Dad and maybe his inheritance that is now gone!

It's sad but the only thing a young Thai bird sees in a 55+ yo man is money, I don't care who you are, if you think different then you need to be hinest with youself

Let's hope he's OK and she gets what she deserves if she did indded fleece him!

Ce la vie, stick to you own age women, or find out the hard way!

Good luck to all.

Well i was happy to watch this until 10 mins and then of course we find out it was a bar girl! Sorry not interested, how about a documentary with guys that have not gone with bar girls?

Jingthing,

People do not have Gay fathers ;) if such is the claim they must surely have bisexual fathers.

And, one further question... Why did someone open this 3 year old thread? Nocturn WAS right, things are stagnating here and the smell is getting bad.

I opened a 3 year old thread, because I had information on the outcome of the story.

Don't you think that was a good enough reason?

I opened a 3 year old thread, because I had information on the outcome of the story.

I am a Thai Visa poster and of course I have a hi so educated GF but I do know some fellows who have had long relationships with bar girls. Isn't everyone looking for the hooker with the heart of gold? The face of an angle and the morals of a trucker was how Elizabeth Taylor was described once upon a time.

I have a friend who is married to a hooker and has been for a long time. They have a family and successful business. The woman dresses like a Coconut Bar street walker, short skirt and high heels daily and struts her stuff in the office but she is 100% faithful and real sweetheart.

I thought the title “Mee and my dad” was excellent. When I first saw it a few years ago I wondered what would happen. I think it would make an excellent movie. I wonder what a good director would do with it.

Anyway, I appreciate the update from Ludditeman.

• Like 1

Why do strangers really CARE what other people do with their money and time? Does it have any affect on the stranger's lives? Why do people on thaivisa have so much interest in other people's lives? Does it affect us personally? I give most of my money away to charity. Should that be of any concern to anyone else but myself? One of the things I've learned over the past 72 years is we really only have to look after ourselves. Others can come or go as they please. We can CHOOSE to be happy or CHOOSE to be sad. It's all up to us. I don't give a rat's azz what others think of me. Why should I care? Solve your own problems and let others solve theirs. Maybe the guy enjoyed helping the younger woman, and their time spent together was worth every penny/baht he spent on her. I was married to my second wife for 7 years and yet the financial loss and heartache when she left was worth it. And, as it turned out, she did me a favour by leaving. Marriage anywhere is ALWAYS a gamble and the odds of most couples staying together are pretty poor... 50% at best.

Because many of us lead sad, boring lives.

Before I came to Thailand, my wife left me and took the kids with her, I lost my job, my house was re-processed by the mortgage leader, my car was reprocessed by the finance company, my family disowned me, I caught a rare disease which left me deaf and dumb. The new girlfriend I met in Chiang Mai stole the last 300000 baht I had from my bank account and then she got her boyfriend to break all my fingers so that I was unable to tell anyone who robbed me.

There are 14000 stories on Thai visa, this has been one of them.

Fair enough reply, Ludditeman. I guess I just don't take any interest in other people's personal lives unless it affects me or my family. I hear so many sad storied I just get bored after a while. Most of the sad stories were caused by self inflicted personal life choices.

However, if I can actually DO something positive to help someone then that is something I might be interested in.

Fair enough reply, Ludditeman. I guess I just don't take any interest in other people's personal lives unless it affects me or my family. I hear so many sad storied I just get bored after a while. Most of the sad stories were caused by self inflicted personal life choices.

However, if I can actually DO something positive to help someone then that is something I might be interested in.

You're obviously a kind-hearted, genuine guy that derives pleasure from thinking you have helped people.

I respect that and, agree with your intentions.

However, I disagree that giving money per se is often the answer. Posting pretty pictures with pretty women is not the answer either.

When I see a beggar in the market that is clearly unable to get a job - yes, I will give them money (even though I suspect that the market stall holders will also give them food to ensure they do not starve).

I prefer to 'do my bit' by paying my cleaning girl a good wage and offering her everything I no longer want/need in my regular 'clear outs'. This way she doesn't see me as a complete sucker, rather (hopefully!) as a decent person who cares.

Edit - I went to my local pharmacy this a.m. and a perfectly healthy kid (5-6?) asked me for money... God knows who gave him the idea it was OK to ask for money from farang - but whoever it was, I don't thank them for in-bedding this attitude.

Edited by F1fanatic

The glue that holds this all together is Mee, and she is an amalgam of everything I dislike in that demographic of Thai women.

I often wonder how they attract men who are prepared to get married, buy a house and car, knowing full well she doesn't actually like him and if he had no money she would not be there. How does it happen?

I can understand Mee's motives - she wants a better life, and no matter what I think of her, I can't fault her for that. That scene on the day of marriage once she knew she had "half" when she said that he can go back to his country if he wants...priceless.

But what did the guy ever see in her? Was she his first Thai girl that he slept with? The first women in 20 years that had shown him any attention? How did it happen? She is not at all attractive, nor educated and has 2 boys from Thai men. What did she bring to the relationship?

The son is just confused. He struggles to understand it all, just as I do.

I got nothing from this video, except more unanswered questions that have always confused me.

Why do 50+ year old me fall for Thai prostitutes of this ilk?

Dlock. Some people's life revolves ONLY around sex. Unfortunately as you travel asia and meet lower tier of the human spectrum you realize that there is a lot more of these people than you'd think back home(they are busy hiding in saunas and other nasty places when they are not working at minimum wage)

It is not only the 50+ guys that are like this, a lot of 20-50 years old white guys are getting run over by the ugliest of the ugliest bargirls. Even the good looking guys. All they see is sex and they are blinded by it. All you can do is wonder what they did in previous lvies to be like this and feel sorry for them. Even if they were not getting taken by a thai woman they'd find a way to ruin their own lives just because of their little brain being unable to control their sexual desire and being happy without getting drunk and fking 2-3 times a day.

Some of these guys will be fine in their home country but after even just 12hrs in thailand they become people you wont ever associate with, they cant be saved from themselves

Dlock. Some people's life revolves ONLY around sex. Unfortunately as you travel asia and meet lower tier of the human spectrum you realize that there is a lot more of these people than you'd think back home(they are busy hiding in saunas and other nasty places when they are not working at minimum wage)

It is not only the 50+ guys that are like this, a lot of 20-50 years old white guys are getting run over by the ugliest of the ugliest bargirls. Even the good looking guys. All they see is sex and they are blinded by it. All you can do is wonder what they did in previous lvies to be like this and feel sorry for them. Even if they were not getting taken by a thai woman they'd find a way to ruin their own lives just because of their little brain being unable to control their sexual desire and being happy without getting drunk and fking 2-3 times a day.

Some of these guys will be fine in their home country but after even just 12hrs in thailand they become people you wont ever associate with, they cant be saved from themselves

For a start, they become opinionated and contemptous.

They start looking down on everyone.

They start spouting off on fora.

Luckily you and I are different. We are better than the rest...

Interesting film.

This woman is in control of everything. The guy is way too weak.

Bargirl or not - such relationships almost always fail. In the East or in the West.

Is it that he is weak?

Is it, as Thailand says, just about sex?

These topics invariably get hijacked and we never really discuss why the sort of relationship presented in the film is so prevalent in Thailand.

Is it the bar culture and available women and the men that are damaged from the West that find solace in the first bargirl they meet without really having to try? Perhaps it's just so easy that they succumb to the situation and just go with it because, even though the girl by Thai standards is below average, where the guy comes from, she is above average, young and more than he can get at home. Is it the attention she feigns on him, the new experiences or his lack of understanding of "her job"? Is it that he is just lonely? Has he had his self respect beaten out of him by a western woman? What do they talk about? What do they have in common? Is she just that good a manipulator, or was her heart in the right place and it is I that misjudged?

Why, why, why?

I expect the responses will probably attack me and what right I have to judge, but this is not really an opinion post. It's a valid question that I have never understood and the video is a common reference point rather than "I know that married a hooker and they have a great life...".

Edited by DLock

I think it's much simpler than that!

In our original country we are limited and controlled in our access to sex (most of us) our whole lives.

Then we appear in Thailand and find a woman who is more than willing to have as much sex as we can take.

Some of the guys can't understand that a woman who is prepared to have sex with them frequently doesn't really like them.

It's just not a situation a normal man ever encounters in the west.

A little bit like living in a country with prohibition, then moving somewhere that you can drink all you like.

Edited by ludditeman

I think it's much simpler than that!

In our original country we are limited and controlled in our access to sex (most of us) our whole lives.

Then we appear in Thailand and find a woman who is more than willing to have as much sex as we can take.

Some of the guys can't understand that a woman who is prepared to have sex with them frequently doesn't really like them.

It's just not a situation a normal man ever encounters in the west.

A little bit like living in a country with prohibition, then moving somewhere that you can drink all you like.

Ludditeman, let's accept that logic, but why do they end up with such nasty, bad attitude, ugly women with baggage?

I don't frequent the bars, but surely girls like this can't be the pick of the crop?

If it's just sex, why not take the cream of the crop? If I was going to take a hooker, I'd take the very best I could find, with a good attitude and no kids. I assume the rates are much the same to rent a Toyota or Porsche...why take the Toyota? Are they looking for a rental, or are the looking to buy?

Or are the guys making a conscious decision that they can't afford a Porsche? Or do they think it's too much to handle? Or is the Porsche looking for someone who can afford the upkeep?

Or am I so out of touch that the market is predominantly Toyota's? Porsches are that rare.

Too many questions....

You talk like someone who thinks that sex is A BAD THING! A religious upbringing can twist people's minds away from normal human wants and needs. Who really should care about what others think or want? The bar girls obviously supply a need that can not be fulfilled at home in a marriage that either isn't working, or one partner not meeting the sexual needs of the other. Or, for a single man who does not WANT to be tied to just one person. Why be miserable in life when there is someone out there that can fix it?

I agree with F1fanatic that if you can help someone help themselves then it's FAR better than just throwing money at the needy. I've given thousands of dollars away helping those that need it more than me. As long as I have enough to keep my simple life in order then I ask for nothing more. I don't spend more than what I can afford, or purchase what I can't afford to lose. I don't loan money because it's sure way to lose friends, but I will offer a donation to help someone in a time of need. If I get played as a sucker once in a while then that is THEIR problem, not mine.

In the OP's story an old guy fell in lust/love with a younger woman. What is wrong with that? If they lasted a few years and the old guy was happy then it was money well spent. The young woman obviously gained a new home and things she might never acquired otherwise. When things broke down, as most marriages do, then they both went their separate ways. If the old guy was reunited with his son then so much the better.

I'm also an old guy with much younger women friends. I like them and they like me, but none of us have any great expectations for the future. The relationships will last as long as they are destined to and we will then go our merry way elsewhere with no regrets. Some day I expect I'll be sitting in a rocking chair with a big grin on my face telling tall tales to my grand kids.

You talk like someone who thinks that sex is A BAD THING! A religious upbringing can twist people's minds away from normal human wants and needs. Who really should care about what others think or want? The bar girls obviously supply a need that can not be fulfilled at home in a marriage that either isn't working, or one partner not meeting the sexual needs of the other. Or, for a single man who does not WANT to be tied to just one person. Why be miserable in life when there is someone out there that can fix it?

I agree with F1fanatic that if you can help someone help themselves then it's FAR better than just throwing money at the needy. I've given thousands of dollars away helping those that need it more than me. As long as I have enough to keep my simple life in order then I ask for nothing more. I don't spend more than what I can afford, or purchase what I can't afford to lose. I don't loan money because it's sure way to lose friends, but I will offer a donation to help someone in a time of need. If I get played as a sucker once in a while then that is THEIR problem, not mine.

In the OP's story an old guy fell in lust/love with a younger woman. What is wrong with that? If they lasted a few years and the old guy was happy then it was money well spent. The young woman obviously gained a new home and things she might never acquired otherwise. When things broke down, as most marriages do, then they both went their separate ways. If the old guy was reunited with his son then so much the better.

I'm also an old guy with much younger women friends. I like them and they like me, but none of us have any great expectations for the future. The relationships will last as long as they are destined to and we will then go our merry way elsewhere with no regrets. Some day I expect I'll be sitting in a rocking chair with a big grin on my face telling tall tales to my grand kids.

Nice to see you back. drunk.gif