Thai Courses/teachers In London?

HalfSquat

Hello,

I am coming to Thailand in August and would like to try and learn a bit of Thai before coming with a view to continue once I get out there.

I've looked at courses in London and they all seem to be long courses for which I have left it too late.

Does anyone know of any shorter ones or where I could find a private tutor for a couple of hours a week each week?

Thanks.

Dunno what went wrong there, my sausage size finger went on the wrong key.

As I was saying, when I lived in London many years ago I used to go to the Thai temple in Wimbledon on a Sunday afternoon, at that time they used to have a teacher giving Thai lessons for a couple of hours.

Not sure if they still do it but worth a trip because if no Thai lessons you can put up a notice on their message board that you are looking for a teacher, loads of Thais go there and I am sure you will find one who will teach you.

The School of Oriental & African Studies SOAS part of London University Bloomsbury area often runs short term crammer and very expensive type courses. try their web page www.soas.ac.uk but whether they have one between now and your visit is another matter