Actor David Carradine Dead in Bangkok

medegen

I want more proof he killed himself. Things were still going strong for him acting wise and though he was getting old he was in good health. And why would he kill himself in Bangkok? Something is fishy.

I'm with you.. doesnt one have to be a midget to hang themselves in a CLOSET! It is not like the bar is ceiling height. ANd then the hangers bump on the back wall sometimes, so then how uncomfortable would it be to hang yourself in a CLOSET! Who has ever heard of someone doing that.

Then why would you do it half naked?? and ohh was the closet door closed when the maid found him??

Besides, you fly down to bangkok where money buys everything.. you are a big star, albeit old, but famous none-the-less people are fawning over you, you are here for a movie... and you get depressed and hang yourself in a closet..

No.. way.. jose..

EGGsactly!!! 95 % of suicides leave notes. was there one?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coroner investigates David Carradine death

From correspondents in Bangkok, Thailand

June 05, 2009 03:03pm

THAI coroners have completed an autopsy on the body of actor David Carradine, a day after the star of the TV show Kung <deleted> was found naked and hanging dead in his luxury Bangkok hotel room.

Coroners at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn hospital said they had not yet determined the cause of the 72-year-old's death and were waiting for the results of a toxicology screen.

"This certainly was not a natural cause of death," the hospital's chief coroner, Nantana Sirisap, said.

Continued http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003402,00.html

Coroner investigates David Carradine death

From correspondents in Bangkok, Thailand

June 05, 2009 03:03pm

THAI coroners have completed an autopsy on the body of actor David Carradine, a day after the star of the TV show Kung <deleted> was found naked and hanging dead in his luxury Bangkok hotel room.

Coroners at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn hospital said they had not yet determined the cause of the 72-year-old's death and were waiting for the results of a toxicology screen.

"This certainly was not a natural cause of death," the hospital's chief coroner, Nantana Sirisap, said.

Continued http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003402,00.html

i like this bit,."This certainly was not a natural cause of death," the hospital's chief coroner, Nantana Sirisap, said., /no id say being found with bootlaces wrapped around your <deleted> and a thong with holes in the front and back along with yours hands tied was a fairy good assumption this wasnt a "natural " death ,. :)

From the first uncensored report: Couroer Mail in Australia :

David Carradine found hanged in hotel room

May have been sex act gone wrong

Won fame in Kung <deleted> television series

THE death of actor David Carradine appears to have been caused by a sex act gone wrong, with police saying he was found hanged with a rope tied around his neck and genitals.

The US actor was found dead in the closet of his luxury Bangkok hotel room overnight. He was 72.

Thai police told The Sun the actor was found with a curtain rope tied around his neck and genitals.

They would neither confirm nor deny suggestions that Carradine was attempting auto-erotic asphyxiation, a practice designed to boost sexual pleasure.

Police said they were alerted to the death of the actor, who won fame as the wandering monk in the Kung <deleted> television series, yesterday.

"He was found hanging by a rope in the room's closet," Lieutenant Colonel Pirom Jantrapirom of the Lumpini police station in Bangkok said.

Carradine's body was naked when it was found and there were no signs of other people in the room, Lt Col Pirom said. The body has been sent to a hospital for an autopsy.

A representive for Carradine said the actor would not have commited suicide.

"We can confirm 100 per cent that he never would have committed suicide. It was an accidental death. Everybody is in shock," the representative told TMZ.com.

Carradine's death has similarities to the death of INXS frontman Michael Hutchence.

Hutchence died at Sydney's Ritz-Carlton hotel in November 1997, with the NSW coroner ruling he had committed suicide.

But some of those closest to him, including his brother, believe he accidentally strangled himself during a sex act .

Lori Binder, a representative for Carradine's Los Angeles-based talent manager, said the actor was in Thailand to shoot a film called Stretch. She declined to give further details of his death while it was under investigation.

Carradine, from a family of performers and the eldest son of well-known character actor John Carradine, enjoyed a long career on Broadway, US television and in movies such as director Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and Kill Bill: Vol. 2.

He was born John Arthur Carradine on December 8, 1936, in Los Angeles and educated at San Francisco State University, where he studied music theory and composition.

While writing music for the drama department's annual revues, he discovered his own passion for the stage, joining a Shakespearean repertory company.

After working on Broadway in The Deputy and The Royal Hunt of the Sun opposite Christopher Plummer, Carradine earned a spot on Hollywood's map in the 1960s in TV westerns such as Wagon Train and The Virginian as well as his starring role in a TV version of hit western movie Shane.

But it was the role of Kwai Chang Caine, the wandering monk in Kung <deleted>, that earned the actor his greatest fame.

The series aired on US television starting in 1972 and immediately won a large base of fans of the half-Asian martial arts expert and student of life as he traveled through America's Old West.

The show spawned a movie and numerous other offshoots. Overall, Carradine's credits include more than 200 roles in movies, TV, video and DVD spanning nearly five decades.

His role as Caine in Kung <deleted> earned him a nomination for an Emmy, and his turn as the villainous Bill in Kill Bill: Vol. 2 led to his fourth Golden Globe nomination.

He also won critical acclaim for portraying folk singing legend Woody Guthrie in the Oscar-nominated 1976 film Bound for Glory.

Carradine was married five times and had two daughters from previous marriages. His latest wife was Annie Bierman, whom he married in 2004. His brothers include the actor Keith Carradine.

SO ....mm :)

The why would a man at 6', stand in a closet to have sex with himself (whom or whatever) and tie his own genitals and then hang himself - and of course, there are no suspicious circumstances because the police could not find evidence of anyone else in the room? Another case of the press being told a story to reduce the further damage of Thailand's reputation. I would love to see the reports from the US Embassy. :D

Very strange stuff...I think we may never know what happened. His handlers will spin this in whichever way that gets the most out of his post-mortum image rights. (Does anyone else remember how Elvis died?..addled by drugs, obese and on the toilet. Yet we have elevated him to god-like status and CDX, Inc paid $150 million for the marketing rights to his likeness). And the fact that this happened in Thailand is perfect...no concerns about actual facts. RIP DC

My sincerest condolences to the entire Carradine family in this time of grieving. I was a big fan of David's in all his work. of course he will be remembered for his 'Kung <deleted>' days but he also had other great roles he played in his successful career.

As we used to say as a kid growing up, 'See if you can snatch the pebble from my hand young weed-hopper'.

RIP.....

Too many circumstantial problems here - the guy in Pattaya who committed suicide by putting a plastic bag over his head, tying telephone cable around it to asphyxiate himself? Was the third guy in the same building to commit suicide this way in 6 months! But there were no suspicious circumstances?

The the guy who managed to tie his hands behind his own back, put a plastic bag over his own head (not sure in what order) and jump from a bridge - ruled suicide - no foul play !

David Carradine commits suicide by standing in a closet, wrapping his own genitals and hanging himself with the cord from the curtains. But there are no suspicious circumstances -

Give me a break... :D

You don't trust the findings of the good ole boys in brown? come on they are hard working honest bunch, and if they determine suicide then it must be... :)

I had the pleasure of working with him on a few projects in the late 1970's when I lived in Germany. He was a big talent, but even back then he had a few ghosts that continuously haunted him. What a sad way to end a life.

R.I.P. David

Edited by elektrified

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 5/06/2009 at 11:16 AM

"One end of a shoelace was tied around his penis and the other end fastened around his neck, while his hands were bound with a cord which was also tied around his neck."

:) how did he tie his own hands?

"One end of a shoelace was tied around his penis and the other end fastened around his neck, while his hands were bound with a cord which was also tied around his neck."

You're not really trying to re-enact it on your own, are you?

"David Carradine's death was an unusual one," said Nanthana Sirisap, head of the autopsy division at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn Hospital that examined the actor's body.

"The case is abnormal," she said, without elaborating.

Anybody see this?

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- David Carradine's wife and his manager disputed suggestions that the actor's death was a suicide, while a source in Bangkok, Thailand, said the actor's neck and genitals were found bound with rope.

The Bangkok Post is quoting the Thai authorities as saying they are not "ruling out" suicide. Why are they not saying that they are not ruling out murder? They keep on mentioning suicide. They think that if they say suicide enough times, the press and people will believe it a suicide. Read coverup. The Thai authorities are, in their infinite Thai wisdom, thinking that by calling it a suicide Thailand will save face internationally. Hands bound in a closed closet. Reminds me of a very old joke in bad taste that ended with the southern sheriff saying "Worse case of suicide I ever saw". I wonder what was their first clue that it was a suicide, the bound hands, the closed closet door, or the footprint on the bed that didn't match his shoes? I wonder what clues they would need to think it might be murder? Usual Laurel and Hardy Bangkok police professionalism.

Anybody see this?

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- David Carradine's wife and his manager disputed suggestions that the actor's death was a suicide, while a source in Bangkok, Thailand, said the actor's neck and genitals were found bound with rope.

Hmmm... very interesting..

here is Quentin Tarantino, Michael Madson & his manager on Larry King Live giving their thoughts..

I last saw him in an interview on TV where he was telling everyone he could beat Mike Tyson in a fight. :)

I am serious

From memory, Chuck Norris one said something like - "David Carridine is as good at martial arts as I am at acting".

Having said that, it takes nothing from his role in the Kung <deleted> series which I enjoyed and still enjoy.

Must have been one hel_l of a long shoelace. Dodgey circumstances in my opinion impossible to tie ones own hands. The footprint on the bed must be the best clue that the BIB have.

Cheers, Rick

May David Carridine RIP. I loved the Kung <deleted> shows and Kill Bill was one of my favorites.

Does not sound like suicide or auto-erotic asphyxiation if it is true that his hands were tied. I would find that quite suspicious! Or is it just a rumor about the hands being tied.?

Anybody see this?

Hmmm... very interesting..

here is Quentin Tarantino, Michael Madson & his manager on Larry King Live giving their thoughts..

Great reviews on Larry King Live and elsewhere around the world,

Kung <deleted> star David Carradine might have died after an auto-erotic asphyxiation game went wrong, according to police.

The 72-year-old was found dead by a maid in a Bangkok hotel room on Thursday. He was discovered hanging naked in a wardrobe with ropes tied around his neck and genitals.

Speaking to reporters, Thai Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chrewprecha said: "The two ropes were tied together. It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm."

He added that production crew told police that Carradine had been drinking beer "from morning until evening the day before he was found dead".

The results of an autopsy completed earlier today have yet to be released - however, officials have speculated that the cause of death might have been accidental suffocation.

BREAKING STORY

"Big Hollywood star" kills himself in Bangkok

A leading Hollywood star is said to have committed suicide in a Bangkok hotel on Wednesday, police sources said.

The identity of the elderly male star would be released soon, pending confirmation of his identity.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 04/06/09

Yes, very sad indeed, we all knew him particularly from the Kung <deleted> series, the way he was found by the hotel chambermaid is rather very odd and indicates a self inflicted/motivated sexual asphyxiation procedure that went wrong, although it has been reported by the police that a "footprint" other than from his own shoes were found on a bed sheet.

It is a sad and perhaps also a unpleasant story and one must feel sad for both, himself and all the members of his family, RIP.

self inflicted/motivated sexual asphyxiation procedure

I was under the impression that this kind of thing was more a young man's game. See? He really wasn't elderly; instead you might call him neotonous.

If there is a bright side, this would have been clearly an activity he had enjoyed ... no insult intended, what has happened has happened.