17 Entertainment Venues Ordered Closed

Mai Krap

I went into a supermarket here in Jomtien last night and all the staff had masks on

"So why are all the Aussies in the front-line wearing them, was my actual point. If it's good enough for them....."

Assuming the masks are effective in filtering output, not intake of the virus, it must be to limit the spread of the disease from them to the public.

A responsible and logical thing to do, and one that organisations in Pattaya might consider as a public service if for no other reason than as a public relations move. In light of todays news, I for one would feel better about food court employees and check out clerks wearing a mask. I expect Tesco and Carrefour to make it mandatory. How about showing some social responsibility and leadership?

Clearly if the virus has been spread from disco employees to patrons, it is extemely contagious. Its going to spread like wildfire here.

Now Im off for a snog and massage with my lovely disco dancing party girl masseuse, Nun.

Posters like to take the p*ss out of seeing people scared by the idea of catching flu and wearing masks as a precaution. The fact that wearing the average surgical mask does little to help the wearer is irrelevant, but the idea that they are helping prevent YOU from catching the flu by limiting the spread of THEIR germs is a commendable thought!

"The provincial public health office will later re-distribute them to hotels and risk-affected areas, he said."

That means no more mints on the pillow......it will be Tamiflu capsules from now on!

pic1.jpg

1000 PATTAYA BUSINESS OWNERS ATTEND SWINE FLU MEETING

Nearly a thousand Pattaya business owners attended an urgent meeting to address concerns about the outbreak of Swine Flu in Pattaya at the Pattaya Park Hotel on Friday afternoon (12th June 2009). So far, 21 Pattaya and Chonburi residents have been infected by the flu virus.

The authorities were represented by Mr. Senee Jitkasem, the new Chonburi governor, the Pattaya City Mayor, Chonburi public health and other government officials.

Mr. Ittipon Kunplum, Pattaya City Mayor, was optimistic and said that officials expected to declare Pattaya a “Swine-Flu-free area” within 2-4 weeks. This would make people feel save to visit or live in Pattaya.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000009466

Closing bars increases the danger for the typical Pattaya expat.

That chain-smoking bloke will show up at his normal bar in the morning to start his day, only to find it closed. He'll then wander atypical streets looking for his morning alcohol, and he's far more likely to get heat stroke, have a heart attack, or get run over by a songthaew.

Mr. Ittipon Kunplum, Pattaya City Mayor, was optimistic and said that officials expected to declare Pattaya a “Swine-Flu-free area” within 2-4 weeks. This would make people feel save to visit or live in Pattaya.

:):D:D:D

Is this a correct report on the administration's thinking? Or just an idiot reporter's wild ideas "improved" by an editor?

Swine-flu ranks well down the list of things it's possible to catch in Pattaya.

I just came out from a long drive on my bike, looks to me ALL venues are open, especially the Thai ones.

The Xzyte disco was packing them in and bangin' until 4am last night. As usual lots of fine words and no action on closing places down when it comes down to profits.

In this case, closing places down isn't a big deal because this flu is no worse than normal flu, but one day when a really bad strain hits, I don't expect the Thai authorities in Pattaya will act efficiently.

I was just visiting a sick friend in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital this morning, all the staff are now wearing face masks, since yesterday when they were not.

Came down in the lift with a young doctor who was not wearing one, he said, No point, they don't work when they get wet from breathing and in any case this 'flu is no worse than any other ordinary 'flu.

The MOST IMPORTANT point of this "PANDEMIC" is that is DEFLECTS media (Real Media) not the 'spin' of PATTS PRESS. well away from the Global financial crisis , major downturn of real Tourist visitors & keeps all the Pollies hap hap happy.

Next thing you know is there will be 'free' rooms offered to keep up the Tourist Figures ...Ha Ha

:)

I was just visiting a sick friend in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital this morning, all the staff are now wearing face masks, since yesterday when they were not.

Came down in the lift with a young doctor who was not wearing one, he said, No point, they don't work when they get wet from breathing and in any case this 'flu is no worse than any other ordinary 'flu.

And that replicates advice I read from as I recall the BBC when quoting a health authority in the UK - basically the masks dont do ANYTHING to prevent the spread of this infection, thus they are a waste of time and actually a hinderence to good simple hygiene like washing your hands etc (Having said that seems Britain's NHS hospitals are probably not the best adverts for hygiene after so many bacteria led deaths in wards but thats another story)

.................................My interpretation is that Taiwanese Nationals came to Thailand healthy and became infected here, going home sick. The spin on the story is a few Foreign Nationals came here sick already and infected some locals. This suits the current government and local administration .....................

Certainly it seems that a lot of Thais have interpreted this to mean that they are at risk from infectious Farang. Has the first case of such Farang actually been reported yet?

OK 17 venues are being closed down, but what about the dozens of workers that were working in these high risk venues, what is happening to them are they being Quarantined orj ust moving to other locations for work.

Seems odd no mention about them.

OK 17 venues are being closed down, but what about the dozens of workers that were working in these high risk venues, what is happening to them are they being Quarantined orj ust moving to other locations for work.

You seem to be better informed then us.Can you enlighten us which venues are actually closed.

You seem to be better informed then us.Can you enlighten us which venues are actually closed.

Why on earth would you think that?

Just a follow up...

I just read on another thread shortly after i posted my question about where the workers went and it said that the workers were taken away to Hospital for checks.

Why on earth would you think that?

Just a follow up...

I just read on another thread shortly after i posted my question about where the workers went and it said that the workers were taken away to Hospital for checks.

I was only joking because actually there is no entertainment place at all closed here in pattaya.

I think the original report was wrong. Only one place (Star Dice) has been closed as far as I know, and other reports say that 17 people were found infected there. Which seems to be where the figure 17 comes from. Obviously a mistranslation, or a total cock-up by the news agency.

I was in out Walking Street last night, and it was business as usual! I wouldn't say the bars were packed, but the ones I went in (Sisterz, Peppermint, Diamond, Baby Dolls and Windmill) certainly had plenty of customers. I didn't see any closed venues.

I was in out Walking Street last night, and it was business as usual! I wouldn't say the bars were packed, but the ones I went in (Sisterz, Peppermint, Diamond, Baby Dolls and Windmill) certainly had plenty of customers. I didn't see any closed venues.

Beach Road was closed if you call that a venue, I doubt because of flu tho, I think because police are getting short of cash

Edited by rafval