Don Muang Airport

Lickey

Mrs tells me Don Muang is closed and all internal flights can be done from Sunny, when i look on websites such as Nok Air, Air Asia ect, they all state internal flights fron Don,

My son is arriving at Sunny next Saturday, can he get a flight to Udon or does he have to goto Don Muang?

Thanks for any info, Lickey..

Don Muang IS NOT closed. Nok Air operates from there to various places.

Being that we have a home in Nongbulampoo I/we are frequently flying into UTH (Udon Thani). Primarily using

Nok Air.

Thai Air does NOT fly from DMK (Don Muang) to anywhere

Air Asia does NOT fly from DMK (Don Muang) to anywhere

Thai Air has flights from BKK (new airport) to UTH

Air Asia has a afternoon flight, 16:15, from BKK (new airport) to UTH

www.nokair.com

www.airasia.com

Edited by jgm005

Being that we have a home in Nongbulampoo I/we are frequently flying into UTH (Udon Thani). Primarily using

Nok Air.

Well, not quite. My Thai friend just two weeks ago flew out of Don Muang to Chiang Mai, then flew from Lampang to Suwaanaphum. Both flights were on Thai Air.

Nok Air.

Well, not quite. My Thai friend just two weeks ago flew out of Don Muang to Chiang Mai, then flew from Lampang to Suwaanaphum. Both flights were on Thai Air.

It was probably before March 29th. Thai Airways now operate all domestic and international flights out of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Mrs tells me Don Muang is closed and all internal flights can be done from Sunny, when i look on websites such as Nok Air, Air Asia ect, they all state internal flights fron Don,

My son is arriving at Sunny next Saturday, can he get a flight to Udon or does he have to goto Don Muang?

Thanks for any info, Lickey..

What do you mean by 'Sunny'? Suvarnabhumi? If so, please stop using such silly non-standard names if you want people to answer your question.

Either you're lying and did not really look at all the airline websites you stated or you're blind. As already mentioned, Air Asia does not fly out of Don Muang and hasn't since the opening of Suvarnabhumi. Their website in no way states that they are flying from Don Muang.

Your friend is lying to you. Thai Air does not have any flights from Don Muang anymore and hasn't for more than two months, and they do not even fly to or from Lampang. If you don't believe me, go to their website and you can easily verify that they don't list Lampang as a destination and also all their domestic flights from Bangkok depart from Suvarnabhumi.

Edited by GeorgeW

What do you mean by 'Sunny'? Suvarnabhumi? If so, please stop using such silly non-standard names if you want people to answer your question.

Either you're lying and did not really look at all the airline websites you stated or you're blind. As already mentioned, Air Asia does not fly out of Don Muang and hasn't since the opening of Suvarnabhumi. Their website in no way states that they are flying from Don Muang.

Your friend is lying to you. Thai Air does not have any flights from Don Muang anymore and hasn't for more than two months, and they do not even fly to or from Lampang. If you don't believe me, go to their website and you can easily verify that they don't list Lampang as a destination and also all their domestic flights from Bangkok depart from Suvarnabhumi.

You know, Georgie, you ought to stop accusing people of lying all the time.

Thai Airways lists two flights on their website from Lampang to Bangkok (or vice versa). Flights TG3107 and TG3105 fly from Lampang to Sunwannaphum, and TG3106 and 3104 fly from Suwannaphum to Lampang. They are contracted out by Thai Airways to PB Air and carry the Thai Airways flight code. The flights are listed on their website.

You appear to be correct in terms of the Don Muang part.

But, tell me, in terms of the Lampang flights are you just incorrect or lying?

But, tell me, in terms of the Lampang flights are you just incorrect or lying?

I went to the Thai website at www.thaiair.com. I clicked on 'Domestic' and from BKK they list the following destinations:

Chiang Mai

Chiang Rai

Hat Yai

Khon Kaen

Koh Samui

Krabi

Mae Hong Son

Phitsanulok

Phuket

Surat Thani

Ubon Ratchathani

Udon Thani

There is no 'Lampang' in the list. Please supply the link that you claim shows these flights. Even if Thai Air did a code share with PB air, that's still not Thai Air flying there, it's still a PB Air plane.

Please supply the link that you claim shows these flights. Even if Thai Air did a code share with PB air, that's still not Thai Air flying there, it's still a PB Air plane.

That I "claim" shows these flights? And no, sorry, as you will see below, it's a Thai Airways flight. This is very similar to in the U.S. where the large airlines subcontract smaller airlines to get people to the hubs.

Outbound: Bangkok to Lampang Monday, June 15, 2009 - Monday, June 22, 2009 Operational days = June 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3106) Operated by PB Air

dep: 07:00 - Bangkok (BKK) arr: 08:30 - Lampang (LPT)

equipment: Aerospatiale/Alenia ATR 72 current flight status

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3104) Operated by PB Air

dep: 15:00 - Bangkok (BKK) arr: 16:30 - Lampang (LPT)

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3104) Operated by PB Air

dep: 16:00 - Bangkok (BKK) arr: 17:30 - Lampang (LPT)

Return: Lampang to Bangkok Monday, June 15, 2009 - Monday, June 22, 2009 Operational days = June next week 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3107) Operated by PB Air

dep: 09:00 - Lampang (LPT) arr: 10:30 - Bangkok (BKK)

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3105) Operated by PB Air

dep: 17:00 - Lampang (LPT) arr: 18:30 - Bangkok (BKK)

logo_TG.gif Thai Airways Intl (TG 3105) Operated by PB Air

dep: 18:00 - Lampang (LPT) arr: 19:30 - Bangkok (BKK)

I still don't know where you got those flights from as the regular www.thaiair.com site as I access it does not show them as available, which is what I was basing my information on. If you go to the PB Air site at www.pbair.com though you will see those flights are actual PB Air flights using PB Air planes. So they are not contracted out to Thai. Thai is just selling you a ticket on a PB Air flight, operated by PB Air and using PB Air aircraft. So your friend did not fly Thai from Lampang to BKK even if he/she happened to purchase the ticket from Thai. Your friend flew PB Air from Lampang to BKK.

And as you admit, you friend did not fly Don Muang to Chiang Mai as stated. So your friend did indeed lie. If the PB Air flight is a Thai code-share, then I suppose you could call it a matter of semantics whether that was 'on Thai Air'. I don't consider such a code-share where only the ticket is printed with a 'Thai Air' name to be 'on Thai Air', but if you want to, then go ahead. For me, it needs to be on an actual aircraft operated and owned, leased or rented by Thai Air to be considered 'on Thai Air'. Regardless, Thai clearly does not fly between Lampang and BKK, as I stated.

I still don't know where you got those flights from as the regular www.thaiair.com site as I access it does not show them as available, which is what I was basing my information on. If you go to the PB Air site at www.pbair.com though you will see those flights are actual PB Air flights using PB Air planes. So they are not contracted out to Thai. Thai is just selling you a ticket on a PB Air flight, operated by PB Air and using PB Air aircraft. So your friend did not fly Thai from Lampang to BKK even if he/she happened to purchase the ticket from Thai. Your friend flew PB Air from Lampang to BKK.

And as you admit, you friend did not fly Don Muang to Chiang Mai as stated. So your friend did indeed lie. If the PB Air flight is a Thai code-share, then I suppose you could call it a matter of semantics whether that was 'on Thai Air'. I don't consider such a code-share where only the ticket is printed with a 'Thai Air' name to be 'on Thai Air', but if you want to, then go ahead. For me, it needs to be on an actual aircraft operated and owned, leased or rented by Thai Air to be considered 'on Thai Air'. Regardless, Thai clearly does not fly between Lampang and BKK, as I stated.

All right Mr. Pomposity, have it your way.

Thanks for all the info, some usefull and some useless,

And as you admit, you friend did not fly Don Muang to Chiang Mai as stated.

And GeorgeW, what kind of english is this, you or your, are you having problems?would you like me to report you for flaming? no, i dont think so,

A reasonable answer to my question is all i want, if a little nickname [and everybody in thailand has one] puts you off, then please dont answer,

Thankyou, Lickey.

Thanks for all the info, some usefull and some useless,

And as you admit, you friend did not fly Don Muang to Chiang Mai as stated.

Yes, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and indeed in checking last evening, the flight from Don Muang to Chiang Mai was on Nok Air, not Thai Air. My mistake or assumption...not my friend lying.

I propose that from now on Don Meuang Airport should be referred to as Donut by all TV members.

e.g. I'm flying from Donut on Saturday. Can anyone tell me about parking availability? etc.

I would exchange Suvarnibhumi any day for Don Mueang

The problem with this you see is that ALL international flights depart/leave from Swampy.

Since I have no desire to deal with thieves/touts/minibuses/BTMA buses/toll ways I now exclusively use Swampy the Ugly for all my flights in/out Bangkok :)

As far as I am concerned Don Muang is closed indeed :D

The problem with this you see is that ALL international flights depart/leave from Swampy.

Since I have no desire to deal with thieves/touts/minibuses/BTMA buses/toll ways I now exclusively use Swampy the Ugly for all my flights in/out Bangkok :)

As far as I am concerned Don Muang is closed indeed :D

I guess I flew in and out of Don Muang internationally about 36 times over the years, not to mention domestic flights. It was fine. I don't remember any big problems, other than the domestic airport and the international airport being separated and requiring a very long walk.

I've flown in and out of Suwannaphum four times. I don't see any big problems there either. Yes, not a "homey" feel, but I've found it to be rather efficient.

What I do remember about Don Muang was getting to the airport from the city or from the airport into the city. Often, pure torture. The times I've flown in or out of Don Muang...30-40 minutes max getting to or from the airport.

You're attitude is the right approach. Don Muang is, for all intents and purposes, closed. Get over it and move on.

I hate all airports pretty much equally except I hate LAX more than the rest. That said I like having the option of being able to arrive at either airport on domestic flights. From Udon Thani, I can choose between the two airports. I normally choose Don Muang when I go to Bangkok although there really isn't that much of a difference.