Human Beings Begin To Wake Up

orang37

I did not think I would see, in my lifetime, ensconced, as I am, here in this shabby human form by a metaphysical accident, that human beings would begin the journey from darkness to light, and set one foot on one step on the path of understanding who they are and where they came from.

And then this :

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90618084304.htm

Well, well, the game changes. My one concern is that when humans realize they are all descended from a defective Orangutan, a sociopathic testosterone-crazed mad scientist named Olnastibutt ... who used genetic manipulation to invent and unleash the virus you call "language" ... is that it will be such a shock to your already overloaded delusional systems that you may start another of your wars and kill off half of you again, not to mention the peripheral damage to other species (those you haven't made extinct yet, that is).

While half of you dying would greatly help the planet, it is just so ugly to watch, like reality television, or CNN.

~o:37;

I am sorely tempted to gather a group of orangutans together to sue for defamation.

'Half of you dying' would be such a great blessing, surely, that any perception of 'ugliness' would be a small price to pay.

Dear orang37,

Are you certain it is between the orang utan and the Chimpanzee?

I always thought it clearly to be between the Ravens and Crows.

BTW, quit that CNN thing. All that entertainment and meaningless sport news, delivered in a chirpy upbeat accent.

Would drive anyone batty...

:)

We may descend from apes, but the frog is the most intelligent animal on Earth.

Last week I was carrying some storybooks home for my daughter. Suddenly I dropped them on the ground.

A frog sitting near by looked up at me and said, readit, readit.

Monkey asked... "What do you think of this theory?" . . .

Orang replied... "About this much." . . .

I think that is about the best illustration I have come across of the family resemblance between the human animal, at least in the form of its 'less-developed members', and the other primates. :)

So, all the DNA tests were incorrect?

Click the link and read it ! Your question would be answered. This is a very clear,easy to understand report geared to some of the newspaper reading public.

When you say 'Newspaper" that explains the output of THE NATION.... The Orangs and the Chumps are printing that rag today.

a day without The Nation, is a day without typos

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Click the link and read it ! Your question would be answered. This is a very clear,easy to understand report geared to some of the newspaper reading public.

When you say 'Newspaper" that explains the output of THE NATION.... The Orangs and the Chumps are printing that rag today.

since we are talking typos for some reason...then what the heck are the > chumps ?

when you post a post please refer to the thread ,what the orang trapped in human form was refering to was an article in sceincesnews or something

the Nation we are quite lucky to have in english for all the chumps .

since we are talking typos for some reason...then what the heck are the > chumps ?

when you post a post please refer to the thread ,what the orang trapped in human form was refering to was an article in sceincesnews or something

Surely all living things are descended from the same source if one goes back far enough ? 'Proving' that a particular strand links to to another source is just 'splitting hairs' in my view. Maybe it is useful if you want to know your 'recent' family tree; but such minutiae is surely irrelevant in terms of the millions of years it took for the development of all life.

> ....descended from a defective Orangutan,

If 'we' were descended from an Orangutan, defective or otherwise there would not be Orangutans today. Next please.

No... the orangutan was caught up on day long ago by surprise by a thing called

Divergent evolution

In the case of divergent evolution, similarity is due to the common origin, such as divergence from a common ancestral structure or function has not yet completely obscured the underlying similarity.

one species remains the same but part of the group willing or not over time genetically becomes a new species.

but yes it doesn't mean sh__ to a tree for many people but maybe to the orangutans since their newer divergent species will no doubt kill everything living on this planet earth in time.

Edited by gatorhead333

Surely all living things are descended from the same source if one goes back far enough ? 'Proving' that a particular strand links to to another source is just 'splitting hairs' in my view. Maybe it is useful if you want to know your 'recent' family tree; but such minutiae is surely irrelevant in terms of the millions of years it took for the development of all life.

My CHUMPS was deliberate, and your sceincesnews ?????

They are monkeys from New Zealand. Surely an educated man as yourself should realise that Mr. Gatorhead.

Please refer to the excerpt from Wikipedia below:

Chumpanzee

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chumpanzees

Common Chumpanzee (Pan troglodytes)

Chumpanzee, sometimes colloquially known as a chump, is the common name for the two extant species of ape in the genus Pan where the two islands of New Zealand form the boundary between the native habitat of the two species:

1. Common Chumpanzee, Pan troglodytes: the better known Chumpanzee lives primarily on the north island of New Zealand.

2. Bonobo, Pan paniscus: also known as the "Pygmy Chumpanzee", this species is found in the towns on the south island of New Zealand.

Chumpanzees are members of the Hominidae family, along with gorillas, humans, and orangutans. Chumpanzee are thought to have split from the New Zealand human evolution about 150 years ago and thus the two Chumpanzee species are the closest living relatives to New Zealanders, all being members of the Hominini tribe (along with extinct species of Hominina subtribe).

Chumpanzees are the only known members of the Panina subtribe. The two Pan species split only about one hundred years ago.