How Many Mpg Are You Getting?

what bike do you have, and how many mpg are you getting?

No bike so zero mpg for me at the moment, but getting one next week.

So how much (or little) are you getting?

Can't say mpg - only kpl (kilom per litre)..

I have a tiny 929rr Honda - for the inner city and suburbia - only about 140 - loads of idle time eats the fuel...long runs - 220 if a steady pace....

I have a sportster 883 and i guess i am getting 15 to 20 km/m, fill up from reserve is just over 9 litre so quite limited range before stop. my friend was over recently and he hired aan er6n and he was easily getting 25 to 30% better milage than me reasons possibly being weight, the er6 is light as a feather my old sportster weighs a ton as do i at 60 pounds heavier than him or just riding style

My Ninja 250R does about 23 kpl, that's 50/50 Bangkok riding and some highway riding (normally with a passenger) so the range is easily over 350kms, quite impressive for a small(ish) bike.

KSR110 does about 45 kpl. I use it for the short little journeys and it just never seems to need refilling. No fuel gauge or trip odo though so you have to remember the mileage when you last filled up or open the tank and have a look.

Not sure about the Nouvo, maybe about 30 kpl around Bangkok?

Honda CBR150 - closely measured over many tanks. Last tank almost 36 k/l on E10 gasohol, riding up to 120 kph. I wonder how accurate some guesses are; such as a big BMW 1200. Check your maths.

mine is accurate as it can be,,,as it's computericed systema and calibrated every 6mths,, can be difference +\- 2dl per 1000km

beemer is not thursty as one might think and it's all about driving speed, im not deemon and very seldomly riding over 120km\h that explains it a lot,,

Honda CBR150 - closely measured over many tanks. Last tank almost 36 k/l on E10 gasohol, riding up to 120 kph. I wonder how accurate some guesses are; such as a big BMW 1200. Check your maths.

My Raider 150 can get almost 40k/l (if I just potter around) or as badly as about 28k/l if Im up it for the rent. I don't run it on gasohol, only bensine (petrol or whatever you want to call it).

If I can, I put 95 octane bensine in it & it goes further, but that stuff is getting harder and harder to come by. :)

My Raider 150 can get almost 40k/l (if I just potter around) or as badly as about 28k/l if Im up it for the rent. I don't run it on gasohol, only bensine (petrol or whatever you want to call it).

If I can, I put 95 octane bensine in it & it goes further, but that stuff is getting harder and harder to come by. :)

I think every shell in thailand selling now 95 benzine,, they just started abt 6mths ago,,,should be country wide

what bike do you have, and how many mpg are you getting?

No bike so zero mpg for me at the moment, but getting one next week.

So how much (or little) are you getting?

Can't say mpg - only kpl (kilom per litre)..

I have a tiny 929rr Honda - for the inner city and suburbia - only about 140 - loads of idle time eats the fuel...long runs - 220 if a steady pace....

I don't think so.... :)

with my Tank (Bmw K 1200LT) im geting 52\Mpg or 83.6km per 3.7L ont the road and in tows about 42Mpg or 67.5km per 3.7L

Yeah, this sounds accurate. My Buell S-3 1208cc V-twin, with a performance ECM, fuel injection, race exhaust, riding like Rossi, I get about 40mpg, I think about 16kpl. Mostly in town, some freeway. A few more if all highway miles. Was getting around 50 before all the performance changes.

A friend just checked his Honda CZi 110, was about 125mpg mostly highway.

My last car got almost as much as my Buell. Scary.

I hope a new Tiger 250 will get at least about 70mpg.

I have a Phantom and do a regular 110 km round trip to work, noticed I have been filling up a bit more regularly than usual, so did a check, 26.7 Km/l instead of the advertised 34, shock / horror. Mind you I was running late and while I don't thrash it I was doing 110-120 all the way on the main road. Will do a test between my usual 80-90 KPH and let you know.

• 6 months later...

mine is accurate as it can be,,,as it's computericed systema and calibrated every 6mths,, can be difference +\- 2dl per 1000km

beemer is not thursty as one might think and it's all about driving speed, im not deemon and very seldomly riding over 120km\h that explains it a lot,,

Just did a 2200Km trip to and around Phuket on a fully loaded 1200GS including passenger, side and top cases, and tankbag.

31mpg

Fast driving (140-180km/h highway) gets me 250Km per 19l fillup (can't run the tank down to zero obviously). Ditto for city driving including sitting in BKK traffic.

38mpg

Countryside driving at 80-120km/h gives me about 310km range for 19l fillup

I think careful driving, single passengers, no bags should yield over 40mpg.

m

Filled up yesterday, 180 Baht covered 210 km's of easy driving with a D-Tracker, the works out to almost 40 km/l - personal best. Cool cause that works out to less than a baht a kilometer. Next tank won't be as good because that's 180 km's of light acceleration wasn't that fun. Worst milage with full throttle starts was about 26 km/l.

Mpeterson, you must like the mileage you get from your BMW 1200, seems pretty good for a big bike.

Honda Wave 125 (non-injected) 47k/l, mostly in town. Measured over 2 months' use, noted in ink.

Buddy Suzuki Shogun 125 (fairly new) claims 57/l - way careful type about prices.

I know the mathematics are correct, but odometer/speedometer???

Honda ST1100. I get 400 kilometre or a little more to a tank full around town, 460ish freeway/highway. I just fill it 'n' pay! Never worry bout litres. But I ride easy most of the time. I don't hammer up to red lights then brake like crazy. I try to time my arrival at a red light when it's turned green! Traffic lights are a pain in the butt....I hate the rotten things!

Traffic lights.....I luv em!! Accelerate away in front of the gaggle of traffic.... and have a clear road almost to myself to drive on. Much safer!!

My CBR 150.......dont know the liters per 100km but over 6 months of daily driving in heavy traffic....including the heavy acceleration up to around 100kph at lights......1 Baht per kilometer. Every 2nd day 200B and 200km.