Pattaya Floating Market.

PTYstefan

As I am in the office :D at most times i have never been there.

has someone been there???

How is this Place

[/quote

Well worth a visit, costs nothing to get in, advertises itself as the largest in the world and you can spend a pleasant couple of hours wandering around the various stalls and getting something to eat if you want. Gets my vote! :)

Edited by gmac

tourist trap in my books...

Agreed, but I took my brother there on Monday who is a tourist, and he liked it. It's a lovely place, but the content of the shops is desperately tacky and touristy. I would recommend a visit and maybe have a bite to eat over the water.

My GF went on a Sunday and said DO NOT go at weekends, the place is rammed apparently (I've seen around 20 coaches parked up outside at weekends).

Hi

I think you may be being fed some tainted info I visit quite often with visitors from UK & they buy the handicraft touristy bits

which are cheaper than the beach road & other shops. The food is good the beer is cold & you dont pay over the top or to visit.

the Stall holders are very friendly & polite those that speak english will glady engage in converstion buying or not

Some of the posts could be from folk who have become stale of Pattaya & forget they had no free venues to visit at home

without paying a fiver to park the car 60 pounds fine because you did not get back in time before the ticket run out.

I would only reccomend going in the week if possible the weekend gets very busy with coaches from all over.

As for Tourist trap ''Hello'' your living in a tourist resort. If its on your doorstep have a look support it!! A big invetment has gone into the construction easier to get around then the floating market in Bangkok a pleasant few hours wandering.

John B-P

It is good and well worth a look, yes touristy but most of the prices are better than beach road etc, but as others have said, EVERY weekend and holidays the place is absolutely jam packed. Parking taking up TWO lanes of Sukhumvit!!

Some dont know but there is a car park at the back, can be accessed from Sukhumvit - along the side of the resturant, or from the northbound side of the railway road.

Enjoy! :)

Hi

I think you may be being fed some tainted info I visit quite often with visitors from UK & they buy the handicraft touristy bits

which are cheaper than the beach road & other shops. The food is good the beer is cold & you dont pay over the top or to visit.

the Stall holders are very friendly & polite those that speak english will glady engage in converstion buying or not

Some of the posts could be from folk who have become stale of Pattaya & forget they had no free venues to visit at home

without paying a fiver to park the car 60 pounds fine because you did not get back in time before the ticket run out.

I would only reccomend going in the week if possible the weekend gets very busy with coaches from all over.

As for Tourist trap ''Hello'' your living in a tourist resort. If its on your doorstep have a look support it!! A big invetment has gone into the construction easier to get around then the floating market in Bangkok a pleasant few hours wandering.

John B-P

I just want to reinforce what John B-P said above. I've been there 3 times. Twice just the wife and me, to see the whole thing (it's quite large). Once with a few of my wife's family. Everybody enjoyed it.

I now put it in the "been there - done that" category; and wouldn't consider it as a place to go to repeatedly. But I would definitely recommend it as a fun day-trip at least once. Again, I think John's details are accurate.

We live not too far from there and it is on the way to and from town...My Thai wife likes the place and we have gone several times to eat...She has taken the kids and friends other times...It is a tourist trap. But, as someone else said Pattaya is a tourist trap so what's the difference. I agree with those who said...DO NOT GO ON THE WEEKEND...we do not....so many people. The smaller restaurant owners are friendly enough and trying to make an honest living...so support them....Those who are not afraid of work and are honest need support...It is OK.

Just looked at the map on there web site , its one of those Thai maps that gives you not a clue as to what is going on.

So can someone narrow it down from "On the sukvit road between Bangkok and Sattahip" As I would love to take the kids there.

Many thanks :)

On the southbound side of Sukhumvit, about 3km south of underwater world, 1.5km south of Chaiyapruek crossroads, about 100m before Pattaya city boundary, about 300m north of Camp Chang elephants, Directly opposite Jurrasic gardens, about 300m north of Liveplay Laser Tag Arena, about 500m north of Golf Adventure.........., Basically a very short drive from central Pattaya on the left hand side heading south - YOU CANNOT MISS IT!! :)

Edited by LennyW

On the southbound side of Sukhumvit, about 3km south of underwater world, 1.5km south of Chaiyapruek crossroads, about 100m before Pattaya city boundary, about 300m north of Camp Chang elephants, Directly opposite Jurrasic gardens, about 300m north of Liveplay Laser Tag Arena, about 500m north of Golf Adventure.........., Basically a very short drive from central Pattaya on the left hand side heading south - YOU CANNOT MISS IT!! :)

You need to change your handle from "LennyW" to "LennyGPS"!! :D

Thank you for the good directions but first you have to know all these places and streets :D

why did you not just put in "latitude and longitude" so i can pin point it to the maps.:D

Thank you for the good directions but first you have to know all these places and streets :D

why did you not just put in "latitude and longitude" so i can pin point it to the maps.:D

You can always go at the weekend, it'll be the place on the left just south of Pattaya that you can't get into for the double parked row of tour buses :D :D

why did you not just put in "latitude and longitude" so i can pin point it to the maps. :D

OK then, just for you..12^52'04.34" N - 100^54'16.77" E :D

(couldnt find a degree sign?)

why did you not just put in "latitude and longitude" so i can pin point it to the maps. :D

Thank you for your help,

Driven past it a million times ,never took any notice of it.

Maybe you could sell them that information to put on that stupid map!

Thank you for your help,

Driven past it a million times ,never took any notice of it.

Maybe you could sell them that information to put on that stupid map!

Sometime for the People that are at Home and only at work, they do not know where it is. :D

But now I know where it is and i will go there to see how it is, but I can do this only when I am haveing time enough, as I read I can see that that it is very big.