U.s.a. Stuns Spain

mogoso

In fact, reading back at your Posts on this, i'm done with it, i think i've stated quite clearly where i'm coming from & would like to think that people can see & understand it..

You're points on the other hand are both nonsensical & inaccurate, like i said..

That's the second time you've said that, but you'll be back.

I've yet to read the paper this morning. I'll be back with some more banter (?), and let's keep it in the realm of sport. I can live without the slang and it's derivatives for affectionate phrases.

He wasnt referring to you :D

If I can interject into this p!ssing competition :D

I love my football, having, like most English lads, been brought up on it since I was knee high.

Having lived in Thailand for over 10 years, I have made several friends who happen to be American. They introduced me to American sports.

Prior to that I used to compare baseball to girlie rounders, and American football to Rugby with armour :)

However, having followed both baseball and American football for the last 6-7 years, I thoroughly enjoy them both. The reason being that I understand the rules the strategies. I play fantasy football and fantasy baseball, so I know who is who, teams/players etc.

Trouble with you Yanks coming on here having a go at our national game, is that you just dont understand it.....you dont get IT!!

On a secondary note, unfortunately our humour is often lost on you guys :D, you not being able to grasp our British humour :D Nothing personal. We dont often get your humour either.

By the way Shotime, you were talking about some of our footballers having strange names!!!! The Phillies have a pitcher named Antonio BASTARDO!!!!!! Whats that all about????

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hernando Alonso was a carpenter's assistant serving with Cortes. He was very successful settling in the New World. I believe, he was also the first person burned at the stake in the New World by the Inquisition. The Angels used to have a pitcher named Putz, but that wasn't what I meant when I said interesting. Not strange.

Also, my response to Singh had nothing to do with who he was referring to, just that he's threatened to leave this topic before.

Now back to the news of today. Sports

I cannot believe no one alerted me to the game being on last night (or whenever as my head is still spinning from jet-lag).

The Post had a couple articles about the game. Keep using words like "lucky," "miracles," and "under-dog." We eat that shit up. It's like calling a successful gambler lucky. He takes it as a compliment because he knows there aren't such things. As far as sports and betting on them are concerned. I see they used the word "tenacity" a couple times. At least the game didn't end in a tie. The boys would never have stood for it. Losing to Brasil wasn't that bad for reasons I won't go into.

I do have one question. Aside from the U.S.A. s' coach's son being red-carded from the game (cut me a little slack here, but that's totally against any rules of fair play. Throw him out of the game he's in, but throw him out of a game that hasn't even been played yet is beyond lame). Were any of the goals scored during the final a result of a team being at a disadvantage? Short-handed goals?

^ agreed.

Septic Tank Yank

Much like

Piece o' shit Brit.

It's all in fun. :) (but kickball's still queer)

you have a problem with gay people? there are and have been plenty of top gay athletes and sportsmen and women.

^ agreed.

Septic Tank Yank

Much like

Piece o' shit Brit.

It's all in fun. :) (but kickball's still queer)

you have a problem with gay people? there are and have been plenty of top gay athletes and sportsmen and women.

In the interests of retaining peace in the forum. I am sure he didn't mean definition 6 or 7 stevie :D

queer

1. Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation.

2. Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange.

3. Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.

4. Slang Fake; counterfeit.

5. Feeling slightly ill; queasy.

6. Offensive Slang Homosexual.

7. Usage Problem Of or relating to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, or transgendered people.