Thaiairways.com Surely The Worst Airline Website In The World

Sleesy

So gonna take the Mrs and Master Tiger back to UK for the month of August.

How much do you reckon for 2.5 Economy tickets on Thai Airways Website..

100,000thb or more

200,000thb or more

300,000thb or more

This could go on for a while ...

Nope the answer is :

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

2 adult(s) x (178,700.00 + 11,325.00) = 380,050.00 THB

1 child(ren) x (133,270.00 + 11,325.00) = 144,595.00 THB

total for all travellers 524,645.00 THB

Strange and there was me thinking this was SUMMER Season ...

Cheers

Sleesy

PS/BTW Anyone booked a good deal back to UK for August, Malaysia Airlines /EVA was looking best so far

Travellers Flights Taxes

Seems pretty steep, but I suppose it depends on the actual dates you wish to travel and your flexibility.

Just out of interest I checked out the price on Thai for the dates I am travelling to UK in August, and came up with a far cheaper price, though still too high in my view.

Travelling out on 15th August and returning on 29th and the price is:

2 adults(s) x (56,595.00 + 10,445.00) = 134,080

1 child(ren)x (42,445.00 + 10,445.00) = 52,890

Total for all travellers 186,970

I think you are probably unlucky with you choice of dates, a friend of mine travels this route regularly tells me that the the flights are pretty full and they have reduced the frequency thus reducing the need to offer bargain, or even competitive fares. My mate travels up the front and he says that even that is pretty full.

Just a thought, you didn't look at business or first by mistake did you? on my dates they total 375,620 and 543,900 respectively.

Edited by theoldgit

100,000thb or more

200,000thb or more

300,000thb or more

Nope the answer is :

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

Cheers

Sleesy

PS/BTW Anyone booked a good deal back to UK for August, Malaysia Airlines /EVA was looking best so far

One never uses an airline's website for booking tickets, they wholesale to travel agents and you get the best deals from them.

The only use for the carrier's website is to check schedules, arrival and departure info and to check yourself in on-line. IMO.

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

Cheers

Sleesy

these are first class fare not economy, you pay what class you travel in. :)

I specified ECONOMY...

It says cant find that fare on that date so have these mate !

Hence in my book a pants website/system !

Point being the website should at least show you what dates economy is available

Eva Air is pretty much as useless, but they just return sorry not available, so you just keep checking dates til a date comes up...

How hard is it for them to show a matrix of dates available as per the case of many budgey airlines !

When I put in my dates it did actually come up with a matrix showing the prices for a spread of seven days, but the prices where all the same, 56,595+ for adult travellers.

Perhaps I was lucky, but the price is still the same as when I looked this morning, when are you intending to fly?

agree with comment that these are first class fares. the thai site isnt too bad now and it does give you a set of dates matrix. it is terrible however if you are not originating from BKK, it employes high price options, i would always book seperate tickets it you are connecting here in thailand.

on the web i find asia travel to often be as expensive as thai directly when you add their booking charge in but mox are far cheaper.

if economy is full, it will quote the next AVAILABLE fare class, in this case it seems only First was available. Why don't you speak to a Thai travel agent? Thai is certainly not the worst airline web site in the world, and I disagree with some posts saying its not worth booking direct with all airline websites, in a lot of cases it is the best and cheapest option.

Oslo-Bangkok Roundtrip,Thaiairways 29000bath (economy :D ) :D .I use kelkoo,they go through hundreds of agencies and airlines 4 the best price (dont give up dont give uuup) (a song) :D ,,, :)

I think you can't have this (high anyway) price in August.. .

Since the year 2003 (my personal experience...) Thai Air. was great (prices in range...).

As per now, Thai Airways is exploiting the evolution of the tourism-market and try to rip-off from Western people.

But it's not a surprise....this follows the Thai mentality (in general...) .

Oslo-Bangkok Roundtrip,Thaiairways 29000bath (economy :D ) :D .I use kelkoo,they go through hundreds of agencies and airlines 4 the best price (dont give up dont give uuup) (a song) :D ,,, :)

Since the year 2003 (my personal experience...) Thai Air. was great (prices in range...).

As per now, Thai Airways is exploiting the evolution of the tourism-market and try to rip-off from Western people.

..Bonjourno. :D .. Eeeee so how low should the price b? It a lot of cost running and airline u know,Aaaand when the world economy is "running Wild" :D ,we JUST have to put that in to consideration.Dont u think?

Travellers Flights Taxes

Seems pretty steep, but I suppose it depends on the actual dates you wish to travel and your flexibility.

Just out of interest I checked out the price on Thai for the dates I am travelling to UK in August, and came up with a far cheaper price, though still too high in my view.

Travelling out on 15th August and returning on 29th and the price is:

2 adults(s) x (56,595.00 + 10,445.00) = 134,080

1 child(ren)x (42,445.00 + 10,445.00) = 52,890

Total for all travellers 186,970

I think you are probably unlucky with you choice of dates, a friend of mine travels this route regularly tells me that the the flights are pretty full and they have reduced the frequency thus reducing the need to offer bargain, or even competitive fares. My mate travels up the front and he says that even that is pretty full.

Just a thought, you didn't look at business or first by mistake did you? on my dates they total 375,620 and 543,900 respectively.

I booked a few days ago a ticket for Europe for less than 30,000 THB with Qatar Airlines.

Yup point was the website being the worst....

My dates are extremely flexible unlike the Thai Airways website ...

BA website and prices preetty good ...showed the available date for 1 week and costs for each day...

Total for 2 adults one kid was 105,000thb

AirAsia X Premium would be an option if you lived in KL but I live in Phuket and it would involve a KL stopover in both directions...

So next think to look at is:

If I book BA, can I check in my bags with THAI at Phuket and then not see them again til LHR ...

And likewise on the return leg or when at Suvanabhumi do you have to collect them, go through immigration&customs, go up a couple of floors check in and load the bags with Thai

If NOT can you do that with THAI ie ThaiAirways Phuket-Heathrow in both directions ...

..Bonjourno. :D .. Eeeee so how low should the price b? It a lot of cost running and airline u know,Aaaand when the world economy is "running Wild" :D ,we JUST have to put that in to consideration.Dont u think?

Sawasdee krapp'om...yes...we should take into consideration everything..I agree.

I can say to you that I had flight (after the year 2003) with companies like Qatar, Turkish, Swiss, Blue panorama, Malaysia, Singapore, Air France in.ex....

..for a fair price (consider that I never book in advance my flights, in general. I do my booking 7-10 days before ) of Swiss Francs (..I come from Swissssseleeend) 700/800.- (fight departures based from Luxembourg, Zurich, Milan).

now the Question is: how in.ex. Swiss air can make this price, according to our cost of living (the most high in the world...according to last survey of cities more expensive in the world...we have Geneve and Zurich in the first 8 cities more expensives..) ???

Easy: the net margin/earnings for the company Swiss Air in ex. covers an hipotetic rise until 20% (due to the row material rises & with an av.inflaction of 2%/year)

Thai Air especially is dishonest......think about the average/wage of Thai crew...and compaire this with Swiss crew..just for understand...

cheers mate

100,000thb or more

200,000thb or more

300,000thb or more

Nope the answer is :

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

Cheers

Sleesy

One never uses an airline's website for booking tickets, they wholesale to travel agents and you get the best deals from them.

The only use for the carrier's website is to check schedules, arrival and departure info and to check yourself in on-line. IMO.

I agree - as a rule usually cheaper to book via an agent, but last November I found that EVA was the exception to the rule. I got the cheapest fare booking direct with them as compared with a dozen websites that I'd checked.

Sawasdee krapp'om...yes...we should take into consideration everything..I agree.

I can say to you that I had flight (after the year 2003) with companies like Qatar, Turkish, Swiss, Blue panorama, Malaysia, Singapore, Air France in.ex....

..for a fair price (consider that I never book in advance my flights, in general. I do my booking 7-10 days before ) of Swiss Francs (..I come from Swissssseleeend) 700/800.- (fight departures based from Luxembourg, Zurich, Milan).

now the Question is: how in.ex. Swiss air can make this price, according to our cost of living (the most high in the world...according to last survey of cities more expensive in the world...we have Geneve and Zurich in the first 8 cities more expensives..) ???

Easy: the net margin/earnings for the company Swiss Air in ex. covers an hipotetic rise until 20% (due to the row material rises & with an av.inflaction of 2%/year)

Thai Air especially is dishonest......think about the average/wage of Thai crew...and compaire this with Swiss crew..just for understand...

cheers mate

Hola.Yes what you say sounds reasonable.!No more to say,(at least i dont) :D .have a Good day!

if economy is full, it will quote the next AVAILABLE fare class, in this case it seems only First was available. Why don't you speak to a Thai travel agent? Thai is certainly not the worst airline web site in the world, and I disagree with some posts saying its not worth booking direct with all airline websites, in a lot of cases it is the best and cheapest option.

Seconded. Seen this happen often when booking on ThaiAir website. I don't mind using the website at all. Sometimes it is a little slow, but otherwise no issues.

Same goes for booking online. The best prices go to those who are willing to search high and low for them. That includes the carrier sites, which at least provide a cross-reference with the wholesalers.

100,000thb or more

200,000thb or more

300,000thb or more

Nope the answer is :

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

Cheers

Sleesy

Sorry but that's not always true. I flew with Etihad to BKK February 2008 and after checking atleast 6 websites, Etihad's own site was the cheapest by about £45 each.

Brigante7.

On May 26 I flew Thai International from LAX to Bangkok and, yes, business class was totally full; not a single empty seat.

"One" never does? Who is that "one". Millions do, actually. And, there are disadvantages to using a consolidator.

Rubbish,

I usually check many sites before buying and often end up booking on the airline's website (Etihad most often but also Thai domestic - often more expensive on ticket sites such as e-bookers etc)

I do look out for promotions though.

And what about Air Asia???

Edited by tartempion

• Hi..Rubbish (foolishness, nonsense; garbage, trash, refuse (British)There are other words to use instead of this kind.( ur not the only 1)show some respect,and u will get respect back.I think Musongman deserve more respect.Out of his experience he is in his full right 2 say what he did.Only tried to help out in here.Its no Fun to be told that whats been said is just trash and garbage( if it ain't) :D .or maybe its just a way of speech? :) If so, stop. n think,there are a LOT of other words to use in the English language who is not insulting :D

• Hi..Rubbish (foolishness, nonsense; garbage, trash, refuse (British)There are other words to use instead of this kind.( ur not the only 1)show some respect,and u will get respect back.I think Musongman deserve more respect.Out of his experience he is in his full right 2 say what he did.Only tried to help out in here.Its no Fun to be told that whats been said is just trash and garbage( if it ain't) :D .or maybe its just a way of speech? :) If so, stop. n think,there are a LOT of other words to use in the English language who is not insulting :D

I disagree. A huge amount of what I read on ThaiVisa is complete rubbish. Many of the posts contain outright lies and false statements, just like the post that tartempion was replying to. The post by Musongman was completely bullshit. Anyone knowing anything about the travel industry would recognize it as such. Unfortunately some people who have no knowledge of what they are reading will accept it as truth unless people call others on their bullshit and they will make stupid or costly mistakes based on the misinformation. I tried to call people on their bullshit for a while but after time got so tired at how much bullshit is constantly posted here so frequently don't even bother anymore.

In this case, the poster Musongman was the one being completely disrespectful of the readers by saying "One never uses..." and in doing so was saying that you, I, and everyone else does something that I and many others do not. A complete lie. Tartempion should be praised for calling that post for exactly what it was and if anything was restrained. I certainly would have given the poster even more of an earful if I was the one responding.

100,000thb or more

200,000thb or more

300,000thb or more

Nope the answer is :

Price

Travellers Flights Taxes

Cheers

Sleesy

It might be helpful if you explained exactly how you got those prices, such as what page you were on, what dates you entered, etc. As already stated by several members, those prices are not economy class. If you go to the Thai website at thaiair.com or thaiairways.com and enter BKK to LHR and select Economy/Premium Economy, there is no way I could find for it to even display Business or First Class prices. It will show a grid of dates around your selected travel day and show you prices for Economy for each day in the grid. If Economy is sold out, it will say 'Sold Out'. So if you did what I and probably most people do when checking prices, there is no way to get the prices you got. There are ways to try to book a ticket where you don't get the grid, such as if you tried to do it by selecting two one-ways, or by selecting 'multi-city', or perhaps other ways I'm not aware of. If you don't get the grid, then it will only search for the exact date specified, and if no economy seats are available it will say so and suggest an alternative higher class, which evidently happened to you.

So the title you chose for this thread I would say is very unfair to the Thai website. For sure it's not the best airline website in my opinion, but there are many that are far worse. Likely you used some non-standard option in trying to do your booking and got the results you saw. Most people will get the grid and can easily choose a different date if their first choice is sold out.

I disagree. A huge amount of what I read on ThaiVisa is complete rubbish. Many of the posts contain outright lies and false statements, just like the post that tartempion was replying to. The post by Musongman was completely bullshit. Anyone knowing anything about the travel industry would recognize it as such. Unfortunately some people who have no knowledge of what they are reading will accept it as truth unless people call others on their bullshit and they will make stupid or costly mistakes based on the misinformation. I tried to call people on their bullshit for a while but after time got so tired at how much bullshit is constantly posted here so frequently don't even bother anymore.

In this case, the poster Musongman was the one being completely disrespectful of the readers by saying "One never uses..." and in doing so was saying that you, I, and everyone else does something that I and many others do not. A complete lie. Tartempion should be praised for calling that post for exactly what it was and if anything was restrained. I certainly would have given the poster even more of an earful if I was the one responding.

Yes,OK,,But,,u still don't have to use those words.Then you are just on the same level which it is no good level to b in.

:D

I happen to agree with norwayeagle. So please help us to keep the forum civil. Using insulting language is not going to help settle any dispute and is only contra productive.

I hope I made myself clear.

I happen to agree with norwayeagle. So please help us to keep the forum civil. Using insulting language is not going to help settle any dispute and is only contra productive.

I hope I made myself clear.

Loud and clear and I completely disagree but will bite my tongue in the future and not comment when I see such blatant falsehoods posted which in my opinion are completely insulting to the intelligence of the readers of this forum. I would much rather be able to use harsh language and hopefully quiet the bullshitters or at least make them think rather than posting. In my opinion having much fewer but accurate posts is immensely preferred to having lots of complete drivel posted that does nothing but mislead people. But have it your way. It is not in my character to be anything but harsh with bullshitters, so I will bow out and refrain from posting anymore in response to the rubbish.