The Most Useful Cm Map I 've Seen

THAIPHUKET

I found today in a bookshop what I've been looking for a long time, a wonderful artistic map with the most comprehensive list of places where to find what. Independent of advertisers, Nancy does not accept ads or tea money !!

www.nancychandler.net

Get a taste , look at the July 09 updates

http://nancychandler.net/product_update.as...2#Entertainment

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Yes, Nancy Chandler is good, the maps normally cost about 200 baht. You can get ones for Bangkok too.

A good free map of Chiang Mai can be found at:

www.thailand-travel-help.com/chiang-mai-map.html

You can also find more detailed maps of the city by going to this page:

www.thailand-travel-help.com/chiang-mai-thailand.html

quote (Not The Nation, 16 Jul 09)

Nancy Chandler Map Wins Turner Prize

Ubiquitous colorful and incomprehensible tourist map impresses judges with its "total disregard for convention and function"

LONDON - The Turner Prize, named after the painter J.M.W. Turner, awarded annually by the Tate Gallery to a visual artist, has been awarded to Bangkok resident and map-maker Nancy Chandler.

Museum director Sir Nicholas Serota, who chairs the judging committee, made the announcement at a press conference on Saturday, citing the "groundbreaking visual abstractions and seemingly impossible color-combinations of Chandler's 2005 23d edition Map of Bangkok" as the central work in her oeuvre. Lynn Barber, another judge on the committee, added that Chandler's maps were also "fearlessly genre-breaking, spitting in the face of convention and the dictations of function."

The committee also praised the map's "sustained conceit" as an actual commercial product to be "meticulous labor of post-modernism" in line with the prize's other famous recipients, including a shark in formaldehyde by Damien Hirst and a disheveled bed by Tracey Emin. Chandler could not be reached for comment, but all members of the Tate committee reportedly received free copies of her Thailand Coloring Book.

unquote]

Both maps are useful, but the "Big Map" is a much more accurate and ultimately more useful map. You should buy both.

I agree, you really need both of them, with the Big Map helping you get around CM, while the Chandler map helps you in the city.

I also think the GT-Rider maps need to be in your kit as well once you start getting out of Chiang Mai.