Airasia Getting Worse...

pepi2005

My two penneth against air asia, my first and last experience of the company. On the second day of last years swampy airport seige i booked a flight from singapore to phuket for a few days in the future when i arrived at singapore a few days later i was informed that the flight was unavailable due to a lack of planes and no back up plan or re-embursement would be made, it seems that even though all air asias planes were stuck on bangkoks tarmac air asia were still taking bookings on the website even though they had no planes to forfill there bookings, nice little earner i ended up buying another flight off silk air with no probs. I will never fly with 'em, unless the price is cheaper than anyone else.

You must have been extremely unlucky. I was due to fly to Penang during the Airport siege and was obviously told by AA that flight was not leaving. I called several times to reconfirm my ticket closer to the end of the problems. I was handled extremely courteously and professionally. They eventually had me on a flight two days after the seige had ended.

I explained that i needed to leave Thailand because of my visa expiration and could they get me on an earlier flight (a problem i know lots of other people faced). I was told the planes were all full and they simply didn't have enough planes available for me to leave any earlier. I guess that answers the 'selling seats without the planes' problem. They also informed me that i wouldn't face an overstay fine before immigration did, very good service (and i don't think it was just a guess before you start!) If you could not change your flights or be reimburssed by AA because of their change to your itinerary, this is illegal and i suggest you contact their legal dept or contact a lawyer.

The one thing most people with horror stories are forgetting is - AA IS A BUDGET AIRLINE. THEY DO THEIR BEST WITH THEIR SMALL BUDGET! if you want more 'luxury', use a different carrier and pay for it - duuuuh!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

torrenovaPosted Today, 2009-07-26 08:17:03

"we are faced with that Thai "face" rubbish which means either a head in the sand approach and hope it goes away approach, the run away and hope it goes away approach or the stay silent and hope it goes away approach. They cannot possibly admit that they are stumped."

Well summarised, Thai Customer Service in a nutshell when the company they are representing have made a mistake. I have never once heard "I am sorry sir we have made a mistake , apologize and will sort it out" or words similar. It just ain't in their little brains

And you get that in ALL, non-Thai companies do you - Get Real!

• 2 weeks later...
They bill themselves as a low cost, no frills airline. Their literature says it is best to pre-book meals, you get exactly the service you didn't pay for. At least their planes are new (for now anyway), I would have thought people wanting cheap flights use them, if they had all the extras then it wouldn't be cheap.

Having flown AirAsia a number of times i have to say that i think they are just as good, if not slightly better, than most budget airlines i have flown with around the world. There have been many occasions i have flown with a countries flag bearing airline and been treated worse by their staff than any flight i have ever had with AirAsia.

It is true that they need to reorganise their online system and their customer service centre could use some work but i was due to fly with them from BKK to Malaysia during the BKK airport closure last December and their service was exceptional. Lets not forget that many of these low-budget airlines are cheap because they make their profits from the overpriced, on-board snacks and meals.

.... :D:D:D:) why defend an airline that is no longer defensible anymore. the plight of the writer and many others who are either not members of this forum or who have no other resources to fall back on to report these fould plays by airasia remain true to the last word. someone should sue the blooming airline for once for their money/s worth and much more for the stress caused. they even cheat you when they themselves are late or delayed or when both passengers and them are late. stop the abuse now...boycott airasia. they can't better than any budget budget airline...no way. :D:D:D:D:P:P

Edited by visareal

Im taking AirAsia flight to Chiang Mai 1 August, price 2100 Baht, and what worries me is that the 737 planes on that flight is 21 years old!!!

Yes they were build in 1988 , so lets hope they will last a few more flights.....

What is the safety records for Air Asia ?

...... :D:D:P did't someone said their planes are new for now? you're now saying the planes are more than ten years older than the airline itself? :D:D:D question is: will it crash? will it crash? will it crash???????????????????? :):D:D

Edited by visareal

Bangkok Air to HK????

Prompted by this thread, I started to re-consider my Air Asia flight BKK-HKG coming up -- so I looked at Bangkok Airways, which on their home page offers a flight option on that route.

But when I try to find a flight, nothing comes up, at all... for ever.... Have they canceled service on that route? Any other low fare alternatives?

Thanks, people!

Try Hong Express, they were advertising BKK-HKG-BKK for about 5000 THB or so not including tax.

I would have to agree with the OP on this one, on my return flight from KL to BKK, the flight was delayed twice the first time from 1pm to 4pm which was ok because we they sent us a SMS. Once we checked in everything went downhill, before we went to the terminal we checked the flight status and it sad it was on time, so we went ahead and gone into the terminal. When we it was time to board we lined up, once getting to the front of the line we were told that the flight was delayed, even though the display at the gate said our flight to back to Bangkok was boarding, and that was all no explanation or anything. No one from Air Asia was willing to answer questions about the status of the flight, there were about 100 or passengers demanding answers as to what is going on and the staff were too afraid to confront us.

Finally after another 3 hour delay our plane arrived and they let us board like nothing had happened, no apology or snacks or anything from Air Asia, I know that they are a low cost no thrills airline but that was just unacceptable. Yea they may be the cheapest out there but next I'll a little for a better airline!

That was the last time I'll use Air Asia!

Try Hong Express, they were advertising BKK-HKG-BKK for about 5000 THB or so not including tax.

Hong Kong Express dropped their route from Hong Kong to Thailand a few months ago, seemingly because of the competition from Air Asia, who are just about to increase their frequency to two flights a day.

Other carriers to Hong Kong are, apart from Thai, Cathay Pacific who have always been too expensive on the dates I have requested, though they do sometime have offers, Emirates and Kenya who are normally fairly competitive, there are others like Royal Jordanian.

I'm pretty sure that Bangkok Airways flys to Hong Kong from Koh Samui.

I am flying this weekend and when I booked Air Asia was about 3,000 Baht return, but as I have to make a connection I am flying Thai, at about 15,000 Baht, I hope my decision doesn't come back to haunt me.

Just had a 1.5 hour delay on AA from Ha Noi to Bangkok. But then all the other flights were delayed too because of a typhoon so not AAs fault really.

I've experienced about three flight delays recently with AirAsia, all originating from the LCCT, and each about an hour.

But the fares were such screamingly-good deals I couldn't really complain.

I'm still booking with them 'til I'm done bouncing around Asia...