C'mon Thaivisa, It's Time To Lighten Up A Bit In Chiang Mai!

Drew Aitch

I actually subscribe to the Chiang Mai room so that I can keep on top of local events and to also to stay up to date with what's on, where ,and when. I tend to ignore those threads which don't interest me and participate in those which do. That's the name of the game I guess and the main purpose of this medium.

I have to say though, I'm a little disconcerted on the increasing number of new topics that get posted to my inbox which I then find are deleted, or closed, before I've had time to visit them at the forum. Surely this local room is only as good as the people who patronise it, meaning without the visitor it simply does not exist!

Moderation is fine, in moderation! But when those powers of restraint start to go a little loopy just because they can, and then begin cherry picking what they believe is in the best interest of the business model, then there is a real risk of losing out to the competitors, be they real or in the making! Believe me, as the webmaster of 34 successful online projects, I know what I'm talking about.

Surely this short post will be allowed to stay for a healthy discussion? After all, it is only by listening to visitors (customers) than one can improve on one's project for the better!

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Surely this short post will be allowed to stay for a healthy discussion?

I'm sure you know what the answer to that is already.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

You can contact support [at] thaivisa.com with your concerns.

//Closed//

Please read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy