Copy And Paste An Image File

david96

How does one copy and paste an image file into a post? Control + C and Control +V does not work but is OK for text.

If you reply to a post that has an image in it, you will see how the syntax works. For example, penzman's post contains this text:

h t t p : / / w ww.takdroppet.se/lgh4212/ugly.jpg[/img]

I've added some spaces to stop the link actually working. But you can see how the syntax works :o .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why not have an upload file option as is available when creating an album? The explanation in the forum rules is that you have to have permission from an administrator to be able to upload a file directly in a post. Why is that and how do you get that permission or is the only option a link to image hosting?

... in the forum rules is that you have to have permission from an administrator to be able to upload a file directly in a post...

Can you give details of where this rule is? I don't see it in the rules (the ones that are linked to at the top of each page).

It's probably a bandwidth concern - easier to link to the image on another site and let them have the bandwidth problem, rather than Thaivisa. Just guessing. :o

... in the forum rules is that you have to have permission from an administrator to be able to upload a file directly in a post...

Can you give details of where this rule is? I don't see it in the rules (the ones that are linked to at the top of each page).

It's probably a bandwidth concern - easier to link to the image on another site and let them have the bandwidth problem, rather than Thaivisa. Just guessing. :o

Actually, it's under the Help link and under Posting and under:

Posting new topics and replying

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Actually, it's under the Help link and under Posting and under:

Posting new topics and replying

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Aah - that one! I have never used it and I believe your question has been asked before because the wording of the help message makes it sound as if individuals can have this special posting ability turned on or off, but in fact I believe that this is a forum-wide ability. l wish l could remember in which forum I keep seeing it - there is a rather big "Attachments" box after the reply/post box and before the "Preview Post" button.