Areca Lodge Soi Diana

Ground Engineer

Been trying to book the Areca Lodge from mid September but fully booked up. Thought it was supposed to be dead in Patatya!

There are many who believe it is, but don't be fooled because Pattaya is never dead.

Been trying to book the Areca Lodge from mid September but fully booked up. Thought it was supposed to be dead in Patatya!

My guess is that this hotel was included in the 20,000 free rooms in Pattaya initiative that was rolled out for August and September to breathe some life back into Pattaya before the high season kicks in later in the year.

That is why it is 'full'; it is actually full of freebie customers.

My guess is that this hotel was included in the 20,000 free rooms in Pattaya initiative that was rolled out for August and September to breathe some life back into Pattaya before the high season kicks in later in the year.

so who got the free rooms,i arrive next week and usually stay there as its a good hotel,but at 1250bt there is better value around,cant believe there has been free rooms given out and certainly not this hotel.

How do you try to book? Directly with them or through AsiaRooms or one of the other on-line booking sites?

There is no "free" rooms - its the usual low season promotion - stay x nights / pay z nights. (e.g. pay 4 nights/ get 1 free) This promotion usually runs every year from May to October . This year it was just advertised better.

20,000 free rooms until October 31st: Please see link below. That is why Areca Lodge is full.

Pattaya Free Hotel Rooms BKK Post Link

There is no "free" rooms - its the usual low season promotion - stay x nights / pay z nights. (e.g. pay 4 nights/ get 1 free) This promotion usually runs every year from May to October . This year it was just advertised better.

20,000 free rooms until October 31st: Please see link below. That is why Areca Lodge is full.

Pattaya Free Hotel Rooms BKK Post Link

syd - do you really think you can book a room in a hotel for free if you are a tourist? As I stated above - you pay for so many nights you get so many nights free.

I guess if you want to believe that the rooms are free go right ahead.

How do you try to book? Directly with them or through AsiaRooms or one of the other on-line booking sites?

Ive tried Areca Lodge web site asia rooms and a few other web sites. Comes up the same.....nothing available!

I've heard from insiders that several of the big resorts and hotels are full from October. Seems this years season may not be too shabby :D

Only standard rooms available in November for Areca Lodge - i tried to book one of the nicer rooms - full ! :)

Ive tried Areca Lodge web site asia rooms and a few other web sites. Comes up the same.....nothing available!

Apparently this is due to the free rooms promotion in Pattaya which were used as an initiative to boost tourism. Since Areca Lodge is prominent on the Thailand internet accommodation booking sites they quickly became full.

However Areca Lodge isn't the only accommodation to be had in this area. The Siam group offer bargain accommodation and can be found on Soi Buckhaew, Soi Honey and Soi 11 and more locations in Pattaya.

Link below:

Siam Hotels in Pattaya

On the odd occasion, even on Thai Visa these places are criticized for minor reasons but they represent value for money and are somewhere you will want to return to again and again and again.

Apparently this is due to the free rooms promotion in Pattaya which were used as an initiative to boost tourism. Since Areca Lodge is prominent on the Thailand internet accommodation booking sites they quickly became full.

However Areca Lodge isn't the only accommodation to be had in this area. The Siam group offer bargain accommodation and can be found on Soi Buckhaew, Soi Honey and Soi 11 and more locations in Pattaya.

Link below:

Siam Hotels in Pattaya

On the odd occasion, even on Thai Visa these places are criticized for minor reasons but they represent value for money and are somewhere you will want to return to again and again and again.

The Areca Lodge is a decent hotel representing good value for money and very central. Also popular with the golfing crowd. Often full throughout the year. However one of the reasons for it being full out of season could be that many people are moving down from more expensive hotels.

The Siam group of hotels are absoulute hovels and in no way should be compared to the Areca Lodge

The Areca Lodge is a decent hotel representing good value for money and very central. Also popular with the golfing crowd. Often full throughout the year. However one of the reasons for it being full out of season could be that many people are moving down from more expensive hotels.

The Siam group of hotels are absoulute hovels and in no way should be compared to the Areca Lodge

As I expected, a negative remark from a Newbie poster who has probably never set foot in Pattaya or indeed a genuine hovel.

As I expected, a negative remark from a Newbie poster who has probably never set foot in Pattaya or indeed a genuine hovel.

New to this forum but not new to the planet or Pattaya (20 years). Stayed in the Areca many times - and the Siam hovels when they were new. Viewed the rooms a year or so back when a friend was looking for accommodation - absoulute sh*t holes. What a pathetic statement - 'A NEWBIE'.

So as a 'newbie' my opinion is worth less than a more seasoned poster - yes I get it <

PS Sydney I would guess that you have never stayed in a half decent hotel if you consider the Siam Hotels habitable!

Edited by pavlovsdog

It MAY also be that, because Areca offers good deals to various Sports clubs, their members use it and it fills up quicker than other hotels in the same area. Plus it's one of the few in the area with 2 swimming pools and a decent sized car park. Just guesses on my part, of course.

PS Sydney I would guess that you have never stayed in a half decent hotel if you consider the Siam Hotels habitable!

For the price they cost, they are quite "habitable". :)

Any opinion on the Sawasdee Siam on Soi BusKhow/ Soi Honey Inn. THe big purple hotel. Ive passed it many times but never been in. Prices are cheap only 700 Bhat. Cheers!

A business partner of mine started out with the Amari ("It has to be Amari.....I don't go for the Pattaya dives"), then settled for Woodlands ("wow..half the price and same location with similar standard") and eventualy Areca ("half of what I pay at the Woodlands and the rooms are alomst as good and two swimming pools")

Areca Lodge is one of the best values for money in town....no wonder they are fully booked even in bad times

Any opinion on the Sawasdee Siam on Soi BusKhow/ Soi Honey Inn. THe big purple hotel. Ive passed it many times but never been in. Prices are cheap only 700 Bhat. Cheers!

If in any doubt, don't be afraid to ask reception/bell boy to show you a room before you make a decision upon staying there. There has been a great deal of room renovation during 2009 and the rooms now represent outstanding value for money.

If in any doubt, don't be afraid to ask reception/bell boy to show you a room before you make a decision upon staying there. There has been a great deal of room renovation during 2009 and the rooms now represent outstanding value for money.

Good that they did! Stayed there once when I still lived in Ban Chang and ran out of fuel....was the first day of gas station closure and stranded in Pattaya. The good thing was...300 Baht for check-in after midnight. Good that I could shower at home the next morning...they put a new level of iffyness into my life...

Pattaya will always attract an influx of visitors and should pick up from this point onward. Interestingly, places like Soi Buakow may actually get busier as many travelers will simply downscale to better value instead of canceling the trip however very few travelers will spend more and upscale so one can understand why the high end market is down.

Areca Hotel is okay but there are plenty comparable in Pattaya for the same or less money.

No shortage of decent budget accommodation in Pattaya.

Exactly, if you would lend an ear to some of the posters on this thread, you would conclude that Areca Lodge is some kind of 'Eden' on Soi Diana.

It used to be O.K. but recent reports that I have read on tripadvisor.com relate hellish tales of 18 hour construction work nearby that is causing noise pollution that will be distressing to all except the stone deaf.

Managed to book the Areca Lodge for the first half of my 10 day break. Recommendations from members for hotels of similar quality for the last 5 days of my stay will be most appreciated.

See post #13

Enjoy your stay (and only 300 yards away from Areca Lodge).