Good Discounts At Carrefour In The Evenings

lukeskywalker

I just got back from shopping at Carrefour and it looks like around 7:30 they begin to mark all the "fresh" and "prepared" foods down. They start slapping stickers on them with anywhere from 5 to 50% discounts.

Great time to go and save money if you like to buy prepared food (I'm single so I buy a lot). My bill was 1300 but would have been about 1600 if not for the discounts.

If you're getting food for a family dinner, you could save a fortune!

I'm sure Tesco does the same thing.

Just passing this info along......

For a small savings, do you really want to eat something that has been out on the shelf

all day?? I know the Thai folk don't. Like, meat and soggy vegetables. Want to save money? Cook at home.

At that time everything has been on the shelf all day,also the non discounted goods.So maybe you suggest not to do any shopping after 6 pm.

They do the same thing here in Pattaya,strange however that the fresh foods that mainly cater to farangs are exclude from those discounts. :)

because they are higher margin and they do not want to encourage discounted purchases of high margin product as it influences future sales. thai fresh foods are lower margin so it makes sense to discount them near the sell by time.