Counting 90d Reporting

the scenario as follows -

according to the attached paper in my passort my next 90d reporting is due by beginning of october.

The application for the 1y visa renewal extension will be due beginning of September. (4 weeks before the extension expires).

My question: will the 90d count reset to the application day because I will receive "under consideration"

or will the reporting date already stated in that white paper remain valid?

thx for clarification.

Assuming you're already on an extension of stay the 90 day report is NOT handled when you get your new extension. You must report on the date currently on the slip.

It is only the FIRST extension of stay that acts as a report, many have fallen into the trap and been fined :)

Assuming you're already on an extension of stay the 90 day report is NOT handled when you get your new extension. You must report on the date currently on the slip.

It is only the FIRST extension of stay that acts as a report, many have fallen into the trap and been fined :)

Thanks. Its not my first extension but I wasn't sure. But I heard of some cases where it was reset! I'll ask the officer.

Edited by webfact

Only reset happens if you leave the kingdom. (with re-entry permit)

Then 90 days starts counting on arrival.

Don't ask the officer, maybe he doesn't know and the next one you encounter knows.

Happens all the time, bad advises from immigration officers.

Edited by PoorSucker

The below are directly taken from Immigration main web site:

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.