Visa Run To Perth With The Wife

Thinking about doing a visa run to Perth with my wife, if she uses her Thai passport she'd need a visa so thinking of using her UK passport but she'd have to leave on her Thai because theres no Thai visa on her UK passport so her ticket would have to show her Thai passport number would this be a problem entering and leaving Australia.

I'd appreciate any help from anyone thats done it.

I have not traveled for awhile but tickets never had passport numbers when I did. You normally have to present both passport when checking in at Bangkok so they know you do not need a visa to enter the other country but other than that it is a routine procedure to change passports using air travel.

You are aware that multi entry visa is normally available from KL with show of small bank account (and normal marriage certificate/ID card type documents. They have issued without bank proof but seem to like 30-100k in an account. I suspect you know the 400k/40k per month requirement for one year extensions of stay inside Thailand?

Edited by lopburi3

I understand your problem. As long as she can show the Air Asia (I presume) check in desk officer that she has a valid Australia e-visa (download and free from https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu/cs ) in her UK passport, switch over before immigration booths and then exit Thai immigration on her Thai passport should be OK. Entering Australia on her UK passport with invisible e-visa will be no problem.

I have never tried this. This is only my 2 cents.

I am not sure and do not want to rain on your parade, but as far as I believe, she can have 2 passports, but must travel on one of them. Switching during travel may pass, or may not. Check with the Immigration Authority in Aus, they will advise. I do understand your predicament. Better not break even stupid laws in either country. Maybe check with a lawyer. Best of luck.

People travel on multi passports every day. There is no law preventing it. The restriction, where there is one, is for entry/exit to a specific country. The US requires use of US passport if you have one for entry/exit. But they could care less what you use other places.

Thinking about doing a visa run to Perth with my wife, if she uses her Thai passport she'd need a visa so thinking of using her UK passport but she'd have to leave on her Thai because theres no Thai visa on her UK passport so her ticket would have to show her Thai passport number would this be a problem entering and leaving Australia.

You need an Australian Visa anyway. UK Nationals need a visa same as Thais, so you might just as well get her a visa.

Air Asia has great deals for flights to Perth Via KL

You need an Australian Visa anyway. UK Nationals need a visa same as Thais, so you might just as well get her a visa.

Air Asia has great deals for flights to Perth Via KL

If she was to use her Thai passport it would take weeks to get a visa.

UK passport holders need and ETA but it cannot be applied for online they have to apply for in person.

Info here: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/eligibility.htm

I am not sure and do not want to rain on your parade, but as far as I believe, she can have 2 passports, but must travel on one of them. Switching during travel may pass, or may not. Check with the Immigration Authority in Aus, they will advise. I do understand your predicament. Better not break even stupid laws in either country. Maybe check with a lawyer. Best of luck.

Doing passport switch at land border will cause problems; doing passport switch between airports will not cause problems.

Thanks a lot for all the good info, Thaivisa comes up trumps again, just thought I'd try somewhere different and as has been said AirAsia have some great deals and it'll be nice to go to a total English speaking country again.

Cheers,

The website says to apply two weeks before travel is planned. But then there is this note.

Note: Most eVisitor applications are granted quickly, however, some applications will be referred to the department for manual assessment. These applications have a service standard of 2-10 working days for finalisation.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/ev...ow-to-apply.htm

Haviing been downunder

many times I was in transit BKK from Emirates

to Sydney on TG when at 8am they lost my ETA in their system

Luckily I had the time wits and credit card to merely pay another $20 at net cafe which was thankfully working and not full

Thai were going to offload my bags

I have little faith despite using EESTA and ETA

Altho thy dont like

the hassle Oz commision will do it free in KL and you can fly to WA with peace of mind

Good luck

Plan B perhaps your partner would prefer a keep fit soujourn catching our frogs

as many as you can eat

Chok Dee and dont forget to sample some Margaret river vintages