Golfer's Elbow

roderick17

Recently, I played several rounds of golf in Pattaya, after a very long layoff. Apart from playing appalling badly, I've also walked away from, Pattaya with a very sore elbow. After reading through the net, I suspect I have strained tendons in my arm and developed a condition known as golfer's elbow. Unfortunately, its quite a painful condition and I really need to get treatment for it.

Would anyone recommend a sports medicine clinic in bangkok or elsewhere that specializes in treating this sort of injury ??

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Recently, I played several rounds of golf in Pattaya, after a very long layoff. Apart from playing appalling badly, I've also walked away from, Pattaya with a very sore elbow. After reading through the net, I suspect I have strained tendons in my arm and developed a condition known as golfer's elbow. Unfortunately, its quite a painful condition and I really need to get treatment for it.

Would anyone recommend a sports medicine clinic in bangkok or elsewhere that specializes in treating this sort of injury ??

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Try anti-inflammatorys CAPRIOX-20 (20mgs)

I think it is same as tennis elbow. Takes time to heal, put tiger balm on sore area, if pain gets to much you can get a quartizone injection. This is what happened on my last game of golf. I thought I got shot.

post-36924-1251770125_thumb.jpg

Thanks heaps

Roderick

It’s rest first, anti inflammatory drugs, don’t use that elbow and especially give up golf until it clears up. Don’t do anything like digging the garden, any shock to the elbow will make it worse. In the end I had to have a Cortisone Injection, apparently quite painful, but I had to have a small operation on my shoulder so the guy injected my elbow whilst I was ‘under’. No problems since, this was about seven years ago now, but I try and avoid too many shocks to the elbow joint.

Also, you could try accupuncture, it's quite cheap at some hospitals. I having it done for a back muscle problem here is BK and it's working.

• 3 weeks later...