Murders, Higher Wp Fees, Ridiculous Steps To Get Things Done

Somtamnication

Can a farang association help us?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Associations and interest groups are the bedrock of organized society. Only when people get together, work together on a common cause can something be achieved on a scale that is of some size. I would support and join an association.

I think the main point made in response to the OP is that such organizations already exist. It would just seem that many people here want one that is focused solely on what most consider trivial or non-issues.

TH

Ok, can you say what association would be suitable for my interests in thailand? I am a european living all year with my thai wife in central thailand. FCCT is obviously not suitable, maybe i overlooked one that was mentioned in this thread?

thanks, chr

Did you check out the link I posted above for IBAP? Although you cannot normally attend in person the information generated through IBAP can be useful to anyone anywhere in Thailand.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Become a freemason in thailand,the best way to meet your man who can "get things done".

I would spill the beans,but i have sworn not to tell anyone. :)

Last time I checked there are only two lodges in Thailand, one in BKK and the other in Phuket. Neither one of them has a huge membership.

I general Freemasons in Thailand have sod all push.

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

Associations and interest groups are the bedrock of organized society. Only when people get together, work together on a common cause can something be achieved on a scale that is of some size. I would support and join an association.

I think the main point made in response to the OP is that such organizations already exist. It would just seem that many people here want one that is focused solely on what most consider trivial or non-issues.

TH

Ok, can you say what association would be suitable for my interests in thailand? I am a european living all year with my thai wife in central thailand. FCCT is obviously not suitable, maybe i overlooked one that was mentioned in this thread?

thanks, chr

What interest of yours in Thailand do you think needs to be looked after?

TH

Its in my interest:

-that thailand has a stable democracy

-that farangs have equal or close to equal rights as thais

-that the school system is working

-that corruption is reduced

-that the police force is working, with a good overseeing entity

-that health care is improved

-that my personal juridical rights are protected

-that human rights get a bigger place in thailand (i am not saying its ignored, but it can be improved)

I can probably find a few more. I am disheartened by the lack of belief in change on thaivisa. in the homeland i worked in the prevention field in health care, sometimes with goverment officials. I took several projects from the street level to government funding and many reports concluded with positive change. Societies can change, they are not static entities. And change of some size is almost never achieved alone, only in groups.

How about a minimum of 5 years as a husband, then qualify for residency? You are a hard worker, support families and pay taxes.

The rules are that 3 years with a history of tax payments and you can apply for PR.

Just to clarify, are you saying (a) legally married to a Thai woman for 3 years, and ( :) have 3 years of Tax records for that same 3 year period and then you qualify for residency?? Are you sure as I also understood it as 5 years of marriage? As I understood it it was either (a) 5 years of marriage, or ( :D 3 years of work/tax records earning 800,000 baht per year. These two are separate criteria, but are you saying there is a separate category?

Please advise Samran.

Three years of tax records immediately up to the application date seems to be the key, regardless of category. While I think there is a preference for 'solid' incomes, there is room for discretion. You've probably seen it, but here is the best link around on all of this...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Camerata-s-G...ide-t74654.html

Thank you Samran.