Immigration Office In Phitsanulok

I was just up there 2 days ago and all of the staff were friendly, even joking around with me in English, and very helpful. From what I understand, they are a full service office and can handle any immigration request that you have. I have never dealt with Bangkok immigration, but did so with the group in Pattaya. These people in P-Luk, are a breath of resh air compared to Pattaya. The man I dealt with was fairly fluent in English.

Hope all goes well for you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know :-

Got my 90 day extension back through the post from Nan immigration today. On the bottom there was a note saying that Phitsanulok immigration office would be doing the 90 day reporting from now on and will also be doing the "marriage' visa's. :)

I live here in Pitlok part of the year and still come to LOS on a simple tourist visa (two months plus extension). Before I used to get the extension in BKK at soi suan plu, yesterday, I went to get the one-month extension at Phitsanulok. No one else there when I went. The first guy I spoke to was a little confused, I might have been the first tourist visa there as most of the locals I hsve spoken too who have used their services (within the limited timeframe that the office has been open) were here on variou "O" type visas. Anyway we got things sorted out, but they wanted copies of my entire passport. I asked them why they were interested in my goings-and-comings in 2004, but they just smiled and said the entire passport--so be aware.

Then they passed it from person to person to check. I have to to fill out a "new form" (I had filled out a form I had printed from the internet ahead of time, as I always did in BKK). The "new form" was the same form I had just done, but two-sided (printed on both sides of the pae) versus the form I had, two pages.

Anyway, took about an hour with no one else there. I did hear one of the officers make a phone call about me (I don't know to who) but it amounted to nothing. They were congenial and friendly, muc more so than BKK has ever been, but then again they don't service the multiude of people (sometimes very rude) and nationalities that the BKK office services, which I imagine is quite a headache. The office has no air (as it is an open storefron) and as least yesterday, no fan. Ok for the Thais, hot for me as it was 35 degrees here in Phitsanulok.

Wow! I've been so busy over the last month or so and just catching up on things. This is the first I have heard about Phitsanalok and I live only about 100 km away! I previously reported on this forum being turned away from Nan because I thought Si Satchanalai came under their jurisduction. This was followed by a trip to Tak only to be turned away because I had two months to run on my visitor's visa. ( I am applying for marriage or retirement visa whichever causes the least difficulties). My question is, do I now come under the jurisdiction of Phitsanalok or do I still have to go to Tak

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have to go to the immigration office in Phitsanulok from Phetchabun. If anyone has gone there, from the south, can they post any information that might help in finding it. Seen the google map and it appears that there is a one way system on the roads leading to it.

Any information will help as i've never even been to Phitsanulok.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This looks like it could be the address and phone numbers of the Phitsanulok immigration office, in Thai language:

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

อาคารพิพิธภัณฑ์ชาวแพ

ถ.พุทธบูชา ต.ในเมือง

อ.เมือง

จ.พิษณุโลก 65000

08 1400 3080

0 5525 9634-5

The immigration office seems to be in some kind of museum. In English, the address, incomplete, might be as follows but it may be better to copy/paste the Thai address for sending a letter.

Immigration Office

??? Museum

Talat Phuttha Bucha

Tambon Nai Mueang

Amphoe Mueang

Phitsanulok 65000

--

Maestro

It's Thanon (Road) Phuttha Bucha, not Talat (Market)

Pls correct the word "Talat" in your google map

Next month i have to do my yearly marriage visa. Has anyone been to the office at Phitsanulok and had it done yet ? I've heard its only doing retirement visa's so am a bit concerned. Also, for those who have been, whats it like, friendly staff, easy to find and problems etc etc.

Oh yes they do married visa all right I have just wasted six hours travelling there and back to be told I need more to RENEW my married visa.

Going back on Friday now again guy wanted to give me a retirement visa instead by the way but then realised that the Embassy letter only covered 45k thb

now remember that this is a renewal but the first one at this office and I think that is where the problem is all offices have their own rules

I need photos of me & wife outside the house photo of the house number with me & wife, map of where the house is and either pay the guy there 5k thb to come and inspect the house but then he agreed to if next time we go we take head of village with us to confirm that wife and I live together and have done for a few years now TOGETHER.

Oh two copies of everything by the way copies of all passport new and old one (to show comings and goings from Thailand) only one print per A4 page and only one photo per page copies of the yellow house book and the blue house book

All this is on top of what I have read on the Thai Immigration site and here which includes wifes ID, wedding certificate, embassy letter, etc

am I a little cheesed off bet your <deleted>##ing life I am talk about jobs worth but I did keep the smile on and even the wife was annoyed as she spoke to them yesterday and as she says couldn't they have told her then what they wanted extra she told them what I had ready to take with us.

Oh and fillaly there was a guy from Wichenbury travelled further than I did for the third time getting a married visa for the first time and he was turned down for not having any house photos an Auzzie guy and not very happy Auzzie guy either

Anyway now to do some printing of the photos and anything else I can think of, just in case the boss man forgot to mention any thing as seems to be his want.

Edited by 99BigLad99

It's Thanon (Road) Phuttha Bucha, not Talat (Market)

Pls correct the word "Talat" in your google map

Much appreciated, Glemos. I think I remember how I, not knowing Thai, wrongly used the Thai abbreviation ถ. for Thanon: I looked at an entry using the same abbreviation in my list a few lines higher up. So I had better look through my whole list once more, and try to memorise what ถ. and ต. stand for in the Thai address.

--

Maestro

Just got back from Pitsanaluk still no visa although the boss man said to go back today he now says they are too busy today and we should go next week and get there at 7:30 as the visa takes 3 hours to do - now I think he is taking the piss

The extension will indeed take a long time, as the wife has to be interviewed etc. An extension based on marriage does take some time, not to mention that you will have to come back after 30 days to get the final approval.

Just got back from Pitsanaluk still no visa although the boss man said to go back today he now says they are too busy today and we should go next week and get there at 7:30 as the visa takes 3 hours to do - now I think he is taking the piss

The extension will indeed take a long time, as the wife has to be interviewed etc. An extension based on marriage does take some time, not to mention that you will have to come back after 30 days to get the final approval.

yep all the documents were in order and the second to the Obator of our village was with us so we had no need to pay Immigration 5k thb to come to our village this he agreed with my wife on a previous visit. Wife was told she had to go to local Ampner to get some form about if we were married to any others this turned out to already be in the pack, the marriage contract.

But what got me more than anything was the boss's attitude so off hand and obviously at 10:30am with NO customers they were too busy to deal with the application at that time. We were told that if we wanted to wait till later in the afternoon they may have time today but as my visa still had not run out it would be better to come back at 7:30 one morning next week. Return is what we will do as today as I had a coffin on the back of the truck for my wifes accidentially killed father in a hunting accident yesterday which my wife pointed out to the boss man I think he could have been a bit more sympathetic, than offering go and sort the body out and come back this afternoon and we might be able to do some thing

The guy in question is the tall guy obviously the boss of the office by the way he speaks to the others in there who dont seem to think too much to him either by their comments to my wife.

Oh and with the offer of paying 5k trhb for him to visit our village I wonder if that would mean that the visa would be done easier ????

I have to agree the officer (shaved hair) guy is a complete """ ole! He will cause nothing but problems. He fails to follow even the basic requirements of the police commissoner regs. I made him really lose it, he said he would to revoke my visa, work permit and have the police remove me from the office! and I have married renewal's for six years.

The problem is I will not allow anyone to treat me like a dog! So I stood my ground until his very pretty boss returned to the office! She apologised about him and spoke sweet but I had enough and agreed to return nearer my renewal date. I will be armed with the rules and regs both in English and Thai. which I had with me on the date which is prob what got his goat, someone with the regs and telling him he was mistaken. The lady in the tourist office did speak to my wife and stated that he was a 50/50 (Hmong thai and gay!) and was looking for money perhaps? Not from me ever will he get money or suck my """ (lol)

Please I watched several other people being treated bad to...such as the Aussie married being asked for a photos and a Australian cert thro he stated he was married in Thailand...90 day man being told to attend in person..and the gentleman wanting a re-entry stamp having to go and get copies of all pages etc.

Being serious a moment! please email Bangkok if you have a problem. I have, I think we all understand that its beginning to feel that we are unwelcome in Thailand at the moment , but at the grass roots I think we are still loved..(or :) my wife and family are great liers! LOL)

Edited by peterandcat

• 4 months later...

I've just had an exciting time extending a tourist visa in Phitsanulok.

The guy with the shaved hair became particularly interested in where I was staying. As they made phone calls, I was racking my brain tying to remember whether I'd filled in the usual passport details on arrival at the guest house. I sat and waited a long time - while two marriage visa extensions were processed. Then they asked me to follow them outside, and get in the car. At this point I realised that someone was in deep trouble!

They told me they were going to arrest the owner of the guesthouse. <deleted>! I sat in the back on the car, directing them to where I was staying, and trying to text my Thai friend to warn the guesthouse about what was about to happen. I felt terrible for causing these problems.

We arrived at the guesthouse, and fortunately they didn't clamp her in handcuffs and drag her away. There was a civil conversation. They gave her some paperwork, and left. I apologised to her profusely for the trouble - but she seemed ok about it.

Wow! I would have never anticipated this kind of trouble, or immigration officials exercising this kind of authority.

Moral of the story... Always make sure the Guesthouse does the paperwork when you arrive.

The trouble was of her making - she is required by law to make such reports and it is a police matter between her and Immigration. It is not your responsibility as a tourist to do there job for them.

Went there today and this guy refused to give me a residence certificate for extending my driving licence. "Go to the land transport office first and than come back" Another lost day and adding 400 km to the global warming.

The positive part is the a extension of my retirement permission to stay took very little time. No medical certificate nor bank letter with exchange rates was asked as happened to other users of this office.

• 1 year later...

Here is the UPDATED 2012----- "PHITSANULOKE IMMIGRATION OFFICE" address. I went through hell to get this. So here you go.

Phitsanuloke Immigration Office

887/4 Baromtrilokanart Road.

Tambon Nai Muang. Amphur-Muang

Phitsanuloke, 65000

Thailand

Here's the phone numbers I've got :

085-540-1541.

055-247-722

Hope this helps,

Minnie