Immigration Office In Phitsanulok

Thanks for the update. Is always a good idea to take printout of exchange rates from internet with you on day of visiting. Do you have the address of the immigration office by chance??

When we have the adress, would they accept 90 day reports by mail? Phitsanulok is a lot closer than Nan from were I live, but it is still a 440 km roundtrip.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes middelman, i have the same distance as i live in the very south of petch province. it's much nearer than Nan though!

yes, i was told quite severely several times that 90 days reporting goes to the new office, not Nan. I was also told quite severely that it's a 5000 baht fine if i don't! Maybe they are tightening up on this.

Sorry, i don't have the address in english, they only provide it in thai.... best to give them a ring. Am happy to post you [via the post office] a copy of the address in thai if you want it.

I've never heard of the exchange rate request before... ok it's easy enough but unusual.

On the Google map the road is Kon Rak Sukapap - in English it is signed Healthy St. as it has a few exercise machines installed along the way and a meeting place early morning for exercise. I doubt if there is any actual street number for the office as it is in the only building along this side of the road - other than a kiosk or 2. It is located in Thai style building as per the picture posted earlier - post 20#.

It is easy to find, Healthy St runs behind the police station and starts at Naresuan Bridge where it crosses the Nan river.

If you are not sure of the location just ask directions to Saphan Naresuan then walk up the road (up river) for about 200 metres on the left (same side as the river)

Edited by Artisi

Hey thaiphoon you are frightening me, i'm a technophobe mate, still in the age of 'brownies'. I'm sure i have seen a photo on this thread tho, or on the other thread that seems to be running alongside. Once on the road the office is dead easy to spot, for anyone going by bus here's how to find it... believe me i know cos i had to walk it.

From the bus station go to the highway, turn left. Go over the first flyover [or under if walking] it crosses the railtrack. Just before the 2nd flyover[over the river] is a left turn... i'm sure there is a sign saying 'police station'. Take that left turn, do not go over the flyover. The river is now on your right, you'll pass the stalls for the night bazaar and the post office... Imm Office is on the right, more or less on the riverbank. Don't look for something large, it's almost like a small house.

Thanks, johngerrard. Being a technophope, your are forgiven for not being able to post a scan or photo. We know where the office is on the map; it’s for mailing the 90-day address report that we are looking for the postal address – in Thai and/or English – but I’m sure another member will post it before long.

Phitsanulok Immigration Office on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...30bbccb4d46ac89

--

Maestro

This looks like it could be the address and phone numbers of the Phitsanulok immigration office, in Thai language:

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

อาคารพิพิธภัณฑ์ชาวแพ

ถ.พุทธบูชา ต.ในเมือง

อ.เมือง

จ.พิษณุโลก 65000

08 1400 3080

0 5525 9634-5

The immigration office seems to be in some kind of museum. In English, the address, incomplete, might be as follows but it may be better to copy/paste the Thai address for sending a letter.

Immigration Office

??? Museum

Talat Phuttha Bucha

Tambon Nai Mueang

Amphoe Mueang

Phitsanulok 65000

--

Maestro

The address is

Immigration Office

Floating houses Museum

Puttabucha Road

Tambon Nai Muang

Amphur Muang

Phitsanulok 65000

The official name of the road is Puttabucha Rd. -- Google has it marked as Kon Rak Sukapap -the local name for it, however it is signposted in English as Healthy Rd - (at least at the Naresuan bridge end of the road)

photo attached.

The building is, if you use your imagination a floating house on the river - photo attached taken prior to it being the immigration office.

post-3746-1257026404_thumb.jpg

post-3746-1257026815_thumb.jpg

Head for Naresuan Bridge or the Post office - Immigration is located between them.

Sorry about being a technophobe Maestro, i feel totally inadequate now, so much so that the wife is arranging to have me put down next week.

Actually i only put the directions on here because i guessed that there may be people like me who have to get internet access via bluetooth/mobile and you'll find with this antequated system that google maps are useless...it takes 5 minutes just to open the map... and then if you want to move within that map...another 5 minutes. I guess too that i may not be the only one without a printer?

Anyway, glad it's all sorted now.

You are understating your abilities, John. Setting up a computer to access the Internet via Bluetooth on your mobile phone is no mean task. I know, it took me half a day last time I did it, in Switzerland. And the connection is painfully slow in Thailand, that is true, definitely no fun using it for shifting large chunks of data such as photos.

--

Maestro

For those of you unfamiliar with Phitsanulok. Go to the Topland Hotel, it is one of the largest hotels in town and the taxis and tuk-tuks will know where it it. Then (you can actually walk from Topland Hotel) walk towards the river (about 2 blocks). When you reach the bridge, turn left (do not cross the bridge) and you are now on the road which runs along the river. Go about 200-300 yards/meters and you will see little houses on your right--the front of the houses are about 30 feet across. One of them has a sign in English on it saying immigration office. If you get to the second bridge, you have gone way too far, turn back about 200 yards/meters.

I went in to talk to the people in there on Wednesday of this week. They said they had been actually open for 3 days but had been setting up for a couple of weeks. The guy I spoke to was from Bangkok and he spoke decent English. Another friend of mine spoke to someone who was in the Nan office, so it is a mixture of people. Although I did not do anything active that day, the person there assured me that all the services I needed could be performed there.

Edited by wittleus

Good info on the new Immigration office starting to come through now. I as wondering if the Nan office will move your records to this new office. When the relocation rules came in I had to drive to Nan from south Petchabun for retirement extension/re-entry permit in May. I have also done two 90 day reportings to Nan as well.

The next report is due in December, so I presume to mail it off to P-Lock.

The Nan office insisted on a medical certificate for the retirement extension too, something not generally required at other immigration offices.

In our small town there are 3 long term expats due for extensions in the next few months so we will be awash with info soon!! :)

it may be useful to someone going for a retirement visa to know exactly what p-lok asked for from me:

Copy of every page from passport.

Copy of departure card.

Medical form.

confirmation letter of pension from UK Embassy. [or bank details]

Form TM7

I had a previous retirement extension in my passport which actually expired a couple of months ago. I had replaced that with a type 'o' 90 day visa in phnom Penh. They wanted to see the 90 day report confirmation slips for the original retirement visa, which i didn't have on me because as far as i was concerned that visa had finished and i wasn't actually renewing it but in effect starting again. It may therefore be wise to take your 90 day confirmations along with you. Also initially i was refused the retirement extension because it seems i should have applied within 30 days of expiry of type 'o'. I read it as 30 days before expiry. I actually applied 32 days before expiry. After some fone calls they finally agreed to it, mainly because i said that i was off to Samui this week and couldn't get back to p-lok.

Copy of every page from passport...

Also of the blank pages?

Some of the staff are new and careful not to make any mistake, for which reason they may be asking for more documentation than absolutely needed.

--

Maestro

My 90 day reporting of permanent address by post is due. Does anyone know if the office at Phitsanulok is ready to do this yet ? Or does it still have to go to Nan ?

I intend posting my next 90 day report to Nan until I am officially told otherwise.

How are we expected to know about the Phitsanulok office unless officially informed?

I made my 90 day report today in Phitsanulok and had a very good experience. The man who took care of me had a very keen sense of humor and was joking the whole time I was there. After having had to put up with the immigration group in Pattaya for the past 5 years, this was a refreshing change. He did ask for copies of my passport, that I did not have to show in Pattaya for a 90 day visit. All you have to do is to go across the street, and pass through the doctors office, to the back of the complex, and get copies made at a cost of 1 baht each. This was the most friendly experience I have ever had at a Thai immigration office. I only have to go 90 km one way now. Mae Sot was a real pain.

Edited by BillyBobThai

Phone: 055-259635. This was posted earlier by a member, perhaps in a different thread, and I added it to the placemark information on Googl Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...30bbccb4d46ac89

--

Maestro

Next month i have to do my yearly marriage visa. Has anyone been to the office at Phitsanulok and had it done yet ? I've heard its only doing retirement visa's so am a bit concerned. Also, for those who have been, whats it like, friendly staff, easy to find and problems etc etc.

Edited by Carlosm

I suspect if they are doing any they are doing all. Perhaps a misunderstanding in that retirement gets immediate local approval but marriage always has to be approved at a higher level and a second trip made to obtain final stamp. Do not believe you will have any problem doing marriage next month.

Phone: 055-259635. This was posted earlier by a member, perhaps in a different thread, and I added it to the placemark information on Googl Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...30bbccb4d46ac89

--

Maestro

Lopburi3.. thanks for that, will give them a try a couple of days before due date so if they are not up to speed yet can always go to Nan. Will let this thread know the result.