Crackdown On Back-to-back Tourist Visa Applications

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see you only joined TV on Sunday  :) ...

Sorry, I tried to put it off for as long as I could.

I also can see that your not such a clever ass after all....UE stands for United Emirates...
United Arab Emirates (UAE) actually.

Regards

Block

As for the Visa/WP question.  Visas don't "include WP's. That was applied for a few weeks later. I think you're just joking right? 

Thanks for the welcome though.

PS, I couldn't give a toss about join dates and post counts. If it's important to you,, well fair enough. Each to his own.

Edited by tmark

It really bugs me that 7 months ago, with the regulations in place, I was able to make plans that included getting a few tourist visas because I didn't want to transfer money at a very poor exchange rate to get another year extension of my non o. This was legal and allowed me flexibility to adjust my plans.

If I didn't have an adopted family here, I would be saying "enough is enough" and I'd be moving on to pastures new. I am sick and tired of being treated as a nothing.

Did you hear about the football match between the Farang tourists and Thai immigration?

The Farang team fielded a team of 11, the Thai immigration fielded a team of 21. The Farang Captain complained to the referee "They cannot have 21 people on the field!"

The referee replied, "Of course they can - 11 to play football and 10 to move the goalposts"

I, for one, am sick and tired of the "Love Thailand or Leave It, We Are Better than You, What's the Problem Crowd" on TV embracing these idiotic rule changes over and over again. Many people--tourists (long stay and short stay), expats, investors--are sick and tired of the constant rule changes.

UNCERTAINTY.........NO SECURITY.........that is the result of these changes. It is not like there has been only one change........these changes have been going on for ten years now. And they are not good for tourism, expat retirement, foreign investment, and Thailand.

I do not see why any sane person would want to retire here now or invest in anything. And I do expect them to eventually start abrogating the grandfathered in rules........and on that day many of the people on TV who are now minimizing all of these changes as "nothing important" will be singing a different tune.

For the record, Cambodia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Panama have immigration rules that make sense and do not change frequently. And their economies are doing better than Thailand's economy--in terms of annual GDP growth.

More and more expats are looking elsewhere to spend their money..........Thailand's expat community is becoming increasingly geriatric. At some point they will be seen as a burden on Thailand.......who knows what will happen to the rules when that day comes.

Under normal conditions, development is structured so that when one generation passes on, another takes its place (that keeps the $$$$ flowing). If Thailand keeps this up, fewer young people will consider retiring here........that will hurt the economy.

Anyway, I have been saying this for ten years now.......it is getting boring.......I am tired of saying it and many of you are tired of hearing it. I just got the predictable, "if you are so miserable, why not leave" response just the other day (maybe I am not so miserable......maybe I am concerned and want to see positive changes......maybe I don't spend all year in Thailand.....but morons can't think).

Prediction: Thailand-Titanic is going down.

Well people can still fly in and out every 30 days to use 30 day stamps.

People can fly to the Moon too, but it's a little expensive. Not a very "practical" solution for most.

No they can't.

dam_n and i already paid for a trip to the Sea Of Tranquillity. I thought it was american soil. :)

Would this crackdown also apply to Tourist Visa extensions?

Has anyone extended their Tourist Visa since the crackdown announcement? Was there anything different this time?

I have just done it yesterday, no problem at all...

Expect that this time, they sent me to office 509, because my address is in Nonthaburi.

The service was even more faster and friendlier!

I, for one, am sick and tired of the "Love Thailand or Leave It, We Are Better than You, What's the Problem Crowd" on TV embracing...

mmmm Texas i made a reply to you which was not good. Deleted by mario and rightly so.

I am guilty of reading and not obsorbing for that i apologise unreservedly.

Cyb

Just seen mario in the viewing listing he has gone now, So i can edit this lol.

Maybe i can kick your ass later for something lol :)

Edited by Maestro
Reduced quoted text. No need to quote the entire, lengthy post with multiple nested quotes - Maestro

The truth is that my comments come from a positive place (I know, hard to believe). I am truly concerned about the trajectory Thailand is on and its treatment of foreigners. Yes, many people think I am off base.......maybe I am.......I have been wrong before. I just hope people understand that some good and decent people are being hurt by these constant rule changes--both farang and Thai. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I simply don't know how to lie. There are good things to see and do in Thailand, of that I am sure. And not all Thai people are bad......of that I am also sure.

The truth is that my comments come from a positive place (I know, hard to believe)...

I agree with you texas.

Some are bad some are good in all cultures.

The british are sterotyped as larger louts by some, Americans bigmouthed know it alls.

Thai's as either scammers or prostitutes, To say but a few.

Good and bad in all countries.

Thailand is getting a seriously bad name and it needs to be sorted, But i fear not in my lifetime and that saddens me as i was born here.

All i have to console me is that all of my children can leave here and reside in the uk by right if everything goes pear shaped.

MMmmm texas are you in the habit of repeating yourself :)

Edited by Maestro
Reduced quoted text. No need to quote the entire, lengthy post with multiple nested quotes - Maestro

I have just been on a visa run to Cambodia and was refused permission to leave Thailand.

My papers were in perfect order. I had arrived on a 30 day tourist visa at BBK late July and renewed it at Jomtien for another 30 days. My passport is almost completely full of Thai visa stamps ('O' and tourist) so I no stranger to LOS.

With one day left to go on I arrived at the border only to told by Thai immigration, after a cursory look at my passport, that I couldn't leave the country and that I must return to Jomtien for "paperwork"! All this dispite my valid visa stating I must leave the country by a certain date, i.e. the next day.

Fortunately after about a half hour of quiet despondency and abject resignation I was told everything was in order and was let through.

Anyone have any idea what all that was about cause i am completely clueless?

I have just been on a visa run to Cambodia and was refused permission to leave Thailand.

My papers were in perfect order. I had arrived on a 30 day tourist visa at BBK late July and renewed it at Jomtien for another 30 days. My passport is almost completely full of Thai visa stamps ('O' and tourist) so I no stranger to LOS.

With one day left to go on I arrived at the border only to told by Thai immigration, after a cursory look at my passport, that I couldn't leave the country and that I must return to Jomtien for "paperwork"! All this dispite my valid visa stating I must leave the country by a certain date, i.e. the next day.

Fortunately after about a half hour of quiet despondency and abject resignation I was told everything was in order and was let through.

Anyone have any idea what all that was about cause i am completely clueless?

Could you please clarify as I didn't know there was any 30 days tourist visas. I taught they were allways for 60 days stay with the possibility to extend another 30 days. 30 days visa exempt is another thing but they can only be extended 7 days.

For the record, Cambodia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Panama have immigration rules that make sense and do not change frequently. And their economies are doing better than Thailand's economy--in terms of annual GDP growth.

It certainly is ridiculous how often they change rules. The only rule changes I've ever seen in the Philippines in 10 years are rules which have made it easier to stay.

How many countries have whole forums dedicated to visas?

Could you please clarify as I didn't know there was any 30 days tourist visas. I taught they were allways for 60 days stay with the possibility to extend another 30 days. 30 days visa exempt is another thing but they can only be extended 7 days.

EU tourists get 30 days automatic visa on arrival at Swampy or at least I do.

BTW I will stick to the O visa in future. Tourist visas seem like too much of a hassle and for a long visa run now you only get 15 days.

There is no such thing as an automatic tourist visa for EU. There is a 30 day visa exempt stamp. But that can not be extended for 30 days at Jomtien as you claim to have done. Perhaps that was your problem as Jomtien can not extend such an entry more than 7 days. Check the stamps in your passport.

Some countries do get 30 days on a tourist visa which can be extended for another 30 days but that visa has to be obtained prior to entry. A visa on arrival is only 15 days.

There is no such thing as an automatic tourist visa for EU. There is a 30 day visa exempt stamp. But that can not be extended for 30 days at Jomtien as you claim to have done. Perhaps that was your problem as Jomtien can not extend such an entry more than 7 days. Check the stamps in your passport.

Some countries do get 30 days on a tourist visa which can be extended for another 30 days but that visa has to be obtained prior to entry. A visa on arrival is only 15 days.

That sounds like the 'fly in the ointment' Lop.

New visa rules regarding tourist visas has prompted me to change to a non immi 'o' for vientiane.

I am a 44yr Gay male with Thai partner. I have normally used Tourist visas as I am not working and I am supported by my partner.

((cut))

Should I just cancel trip to Vientiane and go direct to Perth? I am thinking yes.

I have been back to Perth 3 times and it seems to be the most 'gay friendly' for my situation.

Any advice will be helpful.

I would say a trip to Perth would be best for all concerned. Without active participation of partner do not believe any chance in Vientiane and even with it would be unusual. A normal requirement is a copy of marriage certificate.

Yes I did, I have, I am at Perth Departing tomorrow am with Visa in pocket. Thanks to Perth Thai Consulate.

Lost air ticket money to Udon but who cares.

Was ready the same day 1pm so I have had a 2 free day doing nothing. Well Perth is not a hard place to get around.

Walk to King's Park is good exercise plus fresh air. Bring your jackets it's cold and wet at the moment.

Ah ! Takes me back to when I was a little kid in the back of the car going on a trip. " Are we there yet?, are we there yet?, are we there yet?"

Then I grew up and learned patience.

Thanks for the memories. :)

It's amazing what you can do in a month

Ah ! Takes me back to when I was a little kid in the back of the car going on a trip. " Are we there yet?, are we there yet?, are we there yet?"

Then I grew up and learned patience.

Thanks for the memories. :)

It's amazing what you can do in a month

My apologies Block2 (What happened to Block 1?) Are you still upset about being wrong about the "UE" thing? My God! I'm sorry. I'll try not to correct you in the future. I can be considerate to sensitive souls if I apply myself. Thanks for the compliment though. I write rather well for a 1 month old person don't you think?

EDIT .. Lighten up a little and get a sense of humour, you'll live longer.

Edited by tmark

hello guys.

here I go.

During the year 2009 I've been in thai on various tourist visas (from malaysia and laos ambassys).

Now I'm back in italy (for 3 weeks) but i have a flight back to thailand scheduled for september the 26th.

Is there somebody on thaivisa (italian or not) who can tell me if I can have a 3 months

(2+1) visa at thai consulate of Milan or, since i did stay many months on a tourist visa in thailand

this year, they could decide to not give me a visa?

I'm a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

IKO

hello guys.

here I go.

During the year 2009 I've been in thai on various tourist visas (from malaysia and laos ambassys).

Now I'm back in italy (for 3 weeks) but i have a flight back to thailand scheduled for september the 26th.

Is there somebody on thaivisa (italian or not) who can tell me if I can have a 3 months

(2+1) visa at thai consulate of Milan or, since i did stay many months on a tourist visa in thailand

I'm a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

IKO

You can ask the consul in Milan.Tel.Nr........look for yourself :)

Genoa is easier!

hello guys.

here I go.

I'm a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

IKO

Only applying at embassy/consulate will give you a 100% answer, but I do not see a problem as you are not currently residing in Thailand and are applying at a consulate outside the region. Single entry tourist visa will normally give a 60 day permission to stay on entry which can be extended at immigration for further 30 days, fee 1900 baht.

Edited by thaiphoon

hello guys.

here I go.

I'm a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

IKO

That shouldent be any problem at all ! ., you should easy get a singel TR visa in any EU country ! So no worries .

Edited by oMega69

hello guys.

here I go.

I'm a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

IKO

No problem.

2 photos, ticket a/r and 10 minutes.