Traveling To Hong Kong

I'm new here and I need a little help. I would like to take my Thai fiance to Hong Kong for a few days from BKK. She is 18. Will I have any problems getting her through Thai passport control at BKK airport? Will I have any problems getting her into Hong Kong? She has a Thai passport. I took her to Phuket with no problems but we have never travelled out of Thailand. Thanks! :)

I'm new here and I need a little help. I would like to take my Thai fiance to Hong Kong for a few days from BKK. She is 18. Will I have any problems getting her through Thai passport control at BKK airport? Will I have any problems getting her into Hong Kong? She has a Thai passport. I took her to Phuket with no problems but we have never travelled out of Thailand. Thanks! :)

I travled with my Thai wife to HK several years ago and had no problems in TH or HK, entering or leaving. She had a great time there.

My gf and I have been to Hong Kong a few times, as recently as a couple of weeks ago, and whilst she has been asked how long she was staying and does she a ticket out of Hong Kong, pretty routine stuff, she has never encountered a problem.

I would respectfully suggest that you shouldn't ask "would I have a problem getting her in", it's her travelling and her who could possibly have the problem, that said on my gf's visit, which was also her first trip out of Thailand, she was asked if she was travelling alone and when she indicated that she was travelling me me, I was called forward. You don't say how old you are, but if you were a lot older she might expect some extra questions but they would be more concerned that she was attempting to enter Hong Kong to work.

It's a great place, hope you both enjoy the trip.

I am double the age of my Thai wife and receive nothing less than pleasant and friendly attention in all places we travel to.

Being Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and extreme friendliness from Australian Immigration each time here.

Will be to HKG next March and expect the same!

I am double the age of my Thai wife and receive nothing less than pleasant and friendly attention in all places we travel to.

Being Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and extreme friendliness from Australian Immigration each time here.

Will be to HKG next March and expect the same!

Thank you all for your helpful and sincere advice. I'm only a few years older than her so I don't expect much problem there, but I am comforted to know she should have no problems.

My gf and I have been to Hong Kong a few times, as recently as a couple of weeks ago, and whilst she has been asked how long she was staying and does she a ticket out of Hong Kong, pretty routine stuff, she has never encountered a problem.

I would respectfully suggest that you shouldn't ask "would I have a problem getting her in", it's her travelling and her who could possibly have the problem, that said on my gf's visit, which was also her first trip out of Thailand, she was asked if she was travelling alone and when she indicated that she was travelling me me, I was called forward. You don't say how old you are, but if you were a lot older she might expect some extra questions but they would be more concerned that she was attempting to enter Hong Kong to work.

It's a great place, hope you both enjoy the trip.

Good advice. Thank you!

Having traveled many times with a young Thai female (my wife) to HK and other SEA places that Thai do not require a visa to enter, I would strongly suggest that you go up to the immigration counter together and you hand the officer both passports at once. This makes it very easy for the officer to understand that you are traveling together and she is not trying to enter as a young, single Thai female, which can lead to various questions that are not applicable to her situation.

TH