5x7 Prints From A Digital Camera

camerata

Anyone had any luck getting 5x7 or 6x8 digital prints in Bangkok? The ones I had done at Eastbourne in the Emporium are weird. Their machine automatically boosts the brightness (they say they can't change it) so that photos with a darkish foreground and light grey sky come out with a completely white sky, which looks terrible. Also, for 5x7 the print height is about 4.75 inches instead of 5, and has a white border on the top and bottom. This means you have to cut the top and bottom to make it fit in a frame, and there is always a bit of white showing.

There is a place on the 5th floor of the Emporium where they only do 4x6, 8x10 and 8x12, but they can print with brightness unchanged or increased as you wish, and the prints are exactly the right size for standard frames. What I'm looking for is somewhere like this that does 5x7 and 6x8.

Anyone had any luck getting 5x7 or 6x8 digital prints in Bangkok? The ones I had done at Eastbourne in the Emporium are weird. Their machine automatically boosts the brightness (they say they can't change it) so that photos with a darkish foreground and light grey sky come out with a completely white sky, which looks terrible. Also, for 5x7 the print height is about 4.75 inches instead of 5, and has a white border on the top and bottom. This means you have to cut the top and bottom to make it fit in a frame, and there is always a bit of white showing.

There is a place on the 5th floor of the Emporium where they only do 4x6, 8x10 and 8x12, but they can print with brightness unchanged or increased as you wish, and the prints are exactly the right size for standard frames. What I'm looking for is somewhere like this that does 5x7 and 6x8.

I've found a couple of places:

By Sala Daeng BTS, there is a kodak shop - pretty good quality

In World Trade - there is one with a multi-coloured sign - good quality, but they will put a virus on your memory card.

Central Chid Lom - next to powerbuy

If you want a perfect crop, do it on your PC first. Crop to the exact proportions you want and save it.

If my memory is right, these guys do all the standard sizes - though I may be wrong.

Edited by spog

• 2 weeks later...

IQ lab on Chon Nonsri Rd. between Suriwongse and Silom is well known as a professional lab in Thailand, both digital and film works. I believe they do a lot of commercial prints. Digital prints at IQ lab seems to be a lot more expensive than most other photo labs in the town, so while their print quality is OK, I wouldn't really say it's worth the price.

http://www.iqlab.co.th/

I've found a couple of places:

By Sala Daeng BTS, there is a kodak shop - pretty good quality

In World Trade - there is one with a multi-coloured sign - good quality, but they will put a virus on your memory card.

Central Chid Lom - next to powerbuy

If you want a perfect crop, do it on your PC first. Crop to the exact proportions you want and save it.

If my memory is right, these guys do all the standard sizes - though I may be wrong.