Incorrect Change.

Jonathanpattaya

There's another topic here somewhere that talks about using the debit card for paying. No change needed. Exact amounts every time

And that was started by a poster complaining about standing in line behind people who pay this way instead of with cash.

I guess we just can't make anyone happy at the supermarket. Sure glad none of these problems happen at the night spots!

Quite a dilemma

Pay by debit card & be comfortable in the knowledge that the 25 satang resides securely in your bank account, but run the risk of being considered "not a real man" by the check-out chick.

Do cash paying "real men" quibble about 25 satang? Is ones manliness in some way diminished?

When I first arrived in Thailand I hadn't got a clue what the money was worth and got a metered taxi from the airport into BKK.

When we arrived he handed me my change and I looked at it and gave him a 50 satong tip.

Miserable basterd tried to give it back to me, but I insisted :) .

I usually have enough change to avoid them rounding up. If the total is, say, 223.25 I'll give them 3.25 first and then 300.

That's a nice tip.

:) I was sort of implying that I would expect 80 baht in nice crisp 20 baht notes as change...

But nice one, Mai gohok. :D

I had a little whinge at Carrefour in central Pattaya today because yet again, and this has happened to me numerous times, I was short changed because the cashier had no Satang coins in her till.

The total due was 500.25 Baht and this was rounded up to 501 Baht.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that if this happens to every customer whose bill is rounded up, it will make a significant difference to the takings at Carrefour each day.

As I was paying my dues one of the ladies on roller skates was there and when I asked her why, when they include the Satang in their pricing policy, they don't have the change available in the till to give to the customer.

Her answer was that many customers have asked this question and so I suggested that the management should be made aware and that something should be done about it.

Anyone else had this little problem?

I never leave without the correct change. It's either the change is correct or they round up the change to the nearest whole number. TRUE, I believe is the biggest culprit in this area.

Bloody sad state of affairs when one has to count his/her Satang. If it's a worry larger stores accept credit card payment, no problem the correct sum is entered. The charges are transparent.

Have a nice day and think about getting a job if a few Satang is going to break you.

You should try to steal a 25 satang coin, and see what will happen to you.