Bangkok Buffet

CockneyGit

Greetings Y'all,

Have family coming out next month and we have a night to kill in BKK. I want to sort out a decent place to eat and a buffet seems to be the best option.

I usually like to go for the seafood buffet in Baiyoke Tower but my Mum (bless her!) is sh1t scared of heights and in a million years would never go up there.

Where else is there that offers a decent buffet in BKK similar to Baiyoke..??

Cheers,

:)

The Question is how much are you willing to spend???

Oriental is a good choice for high prized top buffet.

If you want to pay less and be still at the River try the buffet at the Millennium Hilton

For less money you also could eat at the Lebua the buffet is top and very modern but inside.

My personal favorite currently is the Oishi Grand buffet at Siam Center if I remember well 750++ including non alcoholic beverages and a lot of fresh seafood. The location is very convenient as after or before you meal you can go for a nice shopping trip

The Question is how much are you willing to spend???

Oriental is a good choice for high prized top buffet.

If you want to pay less and be still at the River try the buffet at the Millennium Hilton

For less money you also could eat at the Lebua the buffet is top and very modern but inside.

My personal favorite currently is the Oishi Grand buffet at Siam Center if I remember well 750++ including non alcoholic beverages and a lot of fresh seafood. The location is very convenient as after or before you meal you can go for a nice shopping trip

Agreed. Very good buffet. But isn't it at Siam Discovery.

Cheers

The Question is how much are you willing to spend??? Oriental is a good choice for high prized top buffet. If you want to pay less and be still at the River try the buffet at the Millennium Hilton For less money you also could eat at the Lebua the buffet is top and very modern but inside. My personal favorite currently is the Oishi Grand buffet at Siam Center if I remember well 750++ including non alcoholic beverages and a lot of fresh seafood. The location is very convenient as after or before you meal you can go for a nice shopping trip
Agreed. Very good buffet. But isn't it at Siam Discovery. Cheers

Though I haven't been, I heard that it is a good buffet. My friend who is cheap and looks for that "quality/quantity" balance raves about it. It's at Siam Discovery

In Chiang Mai a top buffet in the best hotels is about 5-600 baht with no alcohol and it is not difficult to find someone with a discount card..

You get plenty of shrimp, smoked Salmon, local lobser, crab and some decent roasts.

I just can't imagine how a 1,500 baht Bangkok banquet could be much better than this,

In Chiang Mai a top buffet in the best hotels is about 5-600 baht with no alcohol and it is not difficult to find someone with a discount card..

You get plenty of shrimp, smoked Salmon, local lobser, crab and some decent roasts.

I just can't imagine how a 1,500 baht Bangkok banquet could be much better than this,

Well Chiang Mai hotels don’t have to compete so hard.

Here in Bangkok there are just too many 5 star deluxe hotels.

Even at the Oriental or Penninsula prices for a dinner Buffet are around 2000++

As for Oishi Grand it is located at Siam Discovery third floor at the end which is furthest away from the entrance facing the BTS line.

On weekends it gets really busy so you may consider making a reservation.

As for the food it is Japanese style buffet good amount of seafood but no lobster or crabs or oyster or things like that. Quality is extremly good and a lot of the hot food is prepared at the minute for you. So if you wanna eat very well without spending to much it is a very good choice since for the same quality in a hotel you would pay around 1300++ per person

Edited by klauswernst198

Baiyoke is crap...sorry! Bad food! Oriental if you want to pay is great with lovely food and great location, but at half that price is the Millenium as klauswernst mentioned is tops. My personal favorites on the river are also the Marriott which has a lovely boat ride and the Next 2 Cafe at the Shangrila and the Sheraton Riverside which has a great seafood bbq and a choice of sitting inside or outside. All good choices!

Love the Marriott, Sunday brunch to die for, surroundings great, slightly different and not a buffet is the Yok-Yor, the one opposite River City, we often take friends there who are always impressed by the food and great views. Have to say the prices also make this one of the great value places in Bangkok.

No doubt for me & my friends, our favorite is the Sheraton Sukhumvit (between 12 & 14) daily, in the Orchid Cafe. It is by far the highest quality with extravagant Seafood, unsurpassible Japanese, Middle Eastern, Indian & Italian. They have the greatest variety and are centrally located with the best music (jazz) as you eat. Then go upstairs, enjoy lush ambiance & comfort, with some of the best live Jazz in town.

Contrary to the others, a big plus, is that it is also quite Vegetarian friendly. Just ask about the 'Salad buffet' option, as it is half price without desert, although you miss the best pasteries & homemade ice cream in town! Lots of unusual exotic ingredients.

Besides the daily spread, the Sunday Brunch is really to 'die for' and unforgettably over the top spectacular, as well.

We entertained about 20 family and friends at the Narai in 2007. SHE handled the whole thing, so I don't know the cost; I think it was 500B each?

NO view, a bit crowded; but really good quality and variety of offerings.

Edited by eggomaniac

Well Chiang Mai hotels don’t have to compete so hard.

Here in Bangkok there are just too many 5 star deluxe hotels.

Even at the Oriental or Penninsula prices for a dinner Buffet are around 2000++

So please explain how less competition in Chiang Mai results in lower prices?

My personal favourite is the buffet at the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit. It's a really high quality feast. It used to be decent value about 5 years ago when it was about 790baht ++, but now it is rather more expensive, about 1,250 baht ++. Hint: If you feel you might go there a few times or more per year, join the member club - cost os 6,900 baht and you get 50% off the food - then it becomes very good value indeed! It is excellent if you want to splurge and eat a lot but if you are not a big eater, you're probably better off a la carte.

I can’t imagine how the same bottle of whiskey in a bar in Bangkok at twice the price it is in a bar Chiang Mai is twice as good…

Supply and demand, Bid rent theory, cost of overheads…

The op requested Buffet in Bangkok.

The Marriot Riverside has a good Sunday Brunch – I’m assuming that if it has an evening buffet that will also be very good.

On a slightly different note – I recently had guests in Bangkok, I took them to Café de Laos (on Silom Soi 19) and they loved it.