Opening/buying/ Starting Business In Phuket

petercallen

There are also lots of people who had business's in their home country, and then come to Thailand with the attitude "Well I did back home so why not here".

Just because you had a business back home does not mean you will hit the ground running in Thailand. It helps if you have some sort of business savvy from a past experience, but its not the key ingredient.

Business experience is all well and good and just one ingredient, however a large number of entreprenueurs here fail because they cannot adapt to the local conditions.

In terms of staff interaction, if you apply a western attitude and ethic, you are going to have MAJOR problems. How many times do you go to a restaurant or shop that has NO staff or rude and surly staff. 9 times out of 10 the falang owner has shouted or caused them a problem. No staff, no business.

In terms of dealing with the Tax, government and licensing authorities a western attitude is going to get you nowhere fast. How many times have you stood in immigration or the tax office and seen a falang kicking off, and when how many times does he get what he wants?

A lot of guys portray the attitude that the western way is superior and the agency or staff member they are dealing with is in some way a lesser or more ignorant individual.

When the businessman can adapt and change the business mindset this is the FIRST and major ingredient to success.

Business experience is all well and good and just one ingredient, however a large number of entreprenueurs here fail because they cannot adapt to the local conditions.

In terms of staff interaction, if you apply a western attitude and ethic, you are going to have MAJOR problems. How many times do you go to a restaurant or shop that has NO staff or rude and surly staff. 9 times out of 10 the falang owner has shouted or caused them a problem. No staff, no business.

In terms of dealing with the Tax, government and licensing authorities a western attitude is going to get you nowhere fast. How many times have you stood in immigration or the tax office and seen a falang kicking off, and when how many times does he get what he wants?

A lot of guys portray the attitude that the western way is superior and the agency or staff member they are dealing with is in some way a lesser or more ignorant individual.

When the businessman can adapt and change the business mindset this is the FIRST and major ingredient to success.

Very good advice! ...

Thank you this is the type of information myself and other people are interested in.

How about your business idea can you share it? If you need an accountant I can recommend mine she works out of Phuket Town and has been very helpful with my business, she charges a bit more than most but get's the job done.