Rain

gotlost

After fifteen minutes of rain in Meechok the power has been on & off like a whore's drawers. The supply upgrade we had two months ago has resulted in more outages than the whole of last year. Looks like we are in for a bad raining season. But the plants are happy so what the heck.

Wind caused a fair amount of damage to the stalls outside Festival, and the roof blew off the walkway. Oh yes and the big billboard above and in front of festival got damaged.

All cause in a matter of minutes.

The rain is starting to ease, so that wasnt a bad 25 minutes worth..... wait, its come back again this time a bit stronger. Will have to fire up the lawn mower in the next few days methinks.

Temp inside down to 30 celsius, it was 35 earlier. Big winds now and driving rain

Rain easing and appears to be moving North East. Its was a good downpour and the lightning/thunder continues. Looks a bit dark back towards Doi Suthep.....maybe the rain is doing the Samoeng Loop? biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well I must say we have had some very nice rain on and off for the past day or two. Not too hard, not to violent, not blustery, just reasonably steady. Really good stuff. .... and the good news.... it brought the temps down and it was actually good sleeping last nite....... Sommore please.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Yup, glad I put the hugger guard back onto the bike..... just need some good waterproof boots now, and I dont want Wellingtons. Love the rain, its pouring down out here in Mae Rim right now. Second or third time todaythumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This has been the forecast from TMD for nearly 3 weeks now. Huge effort to maintain that type of accuracy!

I don't think there has been rain of any significance for those 3 weeks?

post-51-0-26680800-1434099725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1

The long hot summer continues.Don't know about other posters but I am finding this hot period physically draining.

After 11 am I'm looking for the air con. 38 degrees in the shade at our place in Hang Dong and the weather forecasters are so unreliable

I've stopped looking..........................Anybody have records to compare this period of constant high temps and no rain ?

These latest rain storms are like being on a date with a Catholic school girl; everything "but." May was the hottest I've been through here, out of 6, and the heat hasn't disappeared in June, but there has been a little relief. Average is 15 cm of rain in May...seems like we got about 5 this year.