Rain

gotlost

In case anyone is wondering, major wind and rain again tonight.. Actually getting cold.

I'm now getting worried about the horror of rain on Songkran day like last year. sad.png

Wow, a wet Songkran, that would be ------what's the word I am searching for?

Wet? jap.gif

In case anyone is wondering, major wind and rain again tonight.. Actually getting cold.

I'm now getting worried about the horror of rain on Songkran day like last year. sad.png

If I remember right, it usually rains on one day pretty much every Songkran.

• Like 1

Yes, at the end of the day after a super hot day, when there's a small shower. That is GOOD. But last year April 13th was a cool and rainy day all day. And that's really no fun. :(

Looks like Weather WTK is on the money. Thunder and darkness to the west, huge cumulus build-ups to the east. We're trapped!

Yes, at the end of the day after a super hot day, when there's a small shower. That is GOOD. But last year April 13th was a cool and rainy day all day. And that's really no fun. sad.png

Awwwwwwwwwww! Darn !!

Congratulations, gotlost, for having started by far the most popular topic in the Chiangmai forum. (Sorry if I'm the 27th person to say this!)

I haven't read all 52 pages, but am aghast that posters should find so much to say about rain. Yes, it affects all our lives, but.... enough is enough!

Belting it down in Hang Dong for 10 minutes now and looks like continuing for a while.

Yeah.. all hands on deck here at Chez Winston.. Major storm, had to take care closing the windows, holding each window frame with both hands to close it..

We're going to lose some more billboards again today. :thumbsup:

Belting it down in Hang Dong for 10 minutes now and looks like continuing for a while.

Yeah.. all hands on deck here at Chez Winston.. Major storm, had to take care closing the windows, holding each window frame with both hands to close it..

We're going to lose some more billboards again today. thumbsup.gif

Hope so !!! A blot on the landscape!!

The radar image of this storm is such that it appears to have quite a long "tail," indicating a fairly lengthy area rain. It is also on a steady path to Changwats Chiang Rai and Payao. There also appears to be a track on another front preceding t5his one which is already active up NNE. Not certain about Mae Hong Son boundaries. I have really pitied those poor people.

• Like 1

multiple black out day and night on Nimman

At 18:45 this evening the entire city inside the moat was black! I was driving down Huay Kaew in the pouring rain and the only light on was at Kad Suan Kaew. Then right before my eyes KSK went completely black. Driving through the old city in the pitch black was quite a challenge in the pouring rain and wind and of course dangerous with no traffic lights. As far as I could tell, and I drove around for about 25 minutes trying to find an open coffee shop, the only building inside the old city with power was Chiang Mai Ram and then over to Suthep the only building with power was Maharaj Hospital. Am I correct?

When I returned home, I found that 2 of my trees had come down. Quite a bit of work out in the garden tomorrow it seems.sad.png

Yeah, my big rain event finally happened in the drought-stricken west end near CMU.

Huay Kaew Rd. flooded, sounds of sirens everywhere, and a very impressive lightning storm show up on Doi Suthep/Doi Pui.

All my windows are spotlessly clean- both the west and north facing ones.

The floor is spotless after I mopped up the gallons of water that leaked in past the sills and puddled on the floor, while the lights were out.

Really nice to have this rain. And it is COLD in my apt. The temp must have dropped 10 degrees since this afternoon.

I know to a newcomer this thread might seem rather silly, obsessive and nonsensical...but we have been suffering from unseasonable heat, haze, pollution, dust and fire smoke since early February.

Finally a breath of fresh air.

The floor is spotless after I mopped up the gallons of water that leaked in past the sills and puddled on the floor, while the lights were out.

Hah, I had some of that as well. My 6 year old, with a lot of feeling for movie style drama as the water leaked through the window and I put a rolled up towel on the frame: "It's not holding!!!"

Time to find a copy of Das Boot I suppose. ;)

No power outage though, just a 1 second flicker that caused my router to restart, but no interruption otherwise.

• Like 1

Keep the reports coming in and I'll be with you in spirit, if not body. I am convalescing in my living room back in Canada and trying to get over some nasty cold I brought back from Thailand with me. It is sunny outside, but I don't have the energy to go out. I'm parked in front of my TV watching the Masters golf, with the occasional bit of time on the computer. The power outage explains why I didn't get my daily e-mail from my Chiang Mai girlfriend.

Ian_the_vegetable_Em.jpg

I've heard (in Sansai) thunder four different evenings recently (and enjoyed significant rains twice). All four times featured power outages. Really must purchase a few more led lamps if they're going to continue blackouts at 100% compliance with lightning.

I could care less if it's cold for Sonkran as I'm going nowhere near town except in the car. Last year on Nimman a farang alpha hotel with a water hose nearly power-washed me into the oncoming lane (me being on a Suzuki). Aimed at my head, too.

Is it peaceful in Mae Salong during Songkran??

I was just cleaning out the myriad of boxes in my storage area and came across a bunch of old audio CDs I'd forgotten about. They were kept in a hard pack carrying case and still in perfect condition after 20 years. I just ripped them all to mp3s now to put in the car. This one reminded me of this topic and CM members. biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mtN6E0qdY

Sprinkling in Mae Taeng and thunder in the distance. And what a wimpy hot season this has been so far..... Only three mornings where the temperature has been above 70 degrees F. It was back down to 67 this morning at 6 AM.

Wimpy? Wimpy?

Some forecasts for tomorrow are for 37. Some of us (rainy day people, doubless) prefer it wimpy. Last year was brilliant and perfect (had it not been followed by floods). I love rain, dislike 37 degrees, and adore sleeping when it's 20 or cooler.

So there.cowboy.gif

• Like 1