Diy

denboy

D.I.Y

I am presently doing the tedious task of re-grouting the bathroom tiles.

I have a rotary electric tool which is handy with the small discs for gutting out the old grout. I am searching for the correct accessory which is a grout removal attachemt. Homepro do not have. Has anyone notice such a tool at any outlet in Pattaya.

Cheers

I think your best bet will be True Value (opposite tesco on Sukhumvit Road).

Don't know about grout removal attachments but they definitely have a range of attachments for the type of tool you describe.

Also, I think I have seen similar in the Homeworks store, power tools section.

I didn't know that there was an attachment for removing grout, but then I'm not sure exactly what your rotary tool is - an angle grinder?

If there is such a tool, I would be interested to know about it.

Available in HomeWorks. Bought a โ€œgrout remover scraperโ€ there about 3 months ago.

It did the job pretty well but then discovered that you can get the same result with a saw blade, anyway you can get it there.

A hand tool.

Edited by stupidfalang

Hand tools for removing grout are avaiable in most tool shops, if you are only regrouting a small area they are ok, if you are regrouting a complete a complete bathroom they are very hard work.

I know Dremel have a grout removing attachment but I have a black and decker bought in Home pro, Black and decker do have an attchement for the same job. it is the usual problem from home home pro, they sell all types of tools without stocking all the attachments or accessories.

It's even the same problem with their hand grout removal tool, no spare blades

I will try the two outlets suggested, meanwhile I am using the small grinding wheel which is part of the standard kit.

Thanks for the replies