The Best Thing You Can Do With A Banana?

Cuban

As the title says, what do you do with cheap and plentyful bananas?

I like a simple bowl of bananas with custard from time to time, although the deep fried bananas with sesame seeds work well.

I also make a good banana milkshake: Tinned milk, water and stray ripe bananas - more of a semi 'non-healthy' smoothie.

For a quick breakfast I sometimes squash a few bananas with a fork, add muesli and Carnation Milk from a can, then a few grapes - mix it all up together then add cornflakes on top.

I also use bananas in most of my homemade Indian-style curries. There are so many different types of banana available here and they are all better than the ones we are used to in UK. So easy to grow your own too. Banana and cheese goes well together in a sandwich or on a cracker, especially with mango chutney added.

BBQ banana is delicious too.

• 5 weeks later...

FRIED BANANAS W/ALMONDS

Ingredients

6 Bananas

1 cup Almonds

1 cup Chocolate sauce

Butter, as needed

Optional: 4 oz Orange liqueur

Sesame seeds

Directions

Peel, then cut bananas in half lengthwise. Slice the almonds. Sauté the bananas (sesame seeds) and almonds in butter until golden brown. Heat chocolate sauce (combined with orange liqueur). Drip chocolate sauce onto dessert plates, covering the center of the plate. Add bananas & almonds and serve.

That's about my favorite recipe. I like the smaller, thinner varieites of Thai bananas the most; they're sweet and delicious. Bananas & cornflakes are always a great old standby, any time of day. In Chianag Mai, a while back, someone once served me bananas with chocolate chip (or chocolate swirl?) ice cream and almonds, coconut and chunks of ripe papaya... yumtastic! Geez! Now that you got me thinking bananas, the craving is beginning...! Good luck!

mash up an' feed to an infant?

put inna blender with cooked oatmeal yogurt an' milk?

make banana bread?

peanut butter an' banana sandwich?

peel an' eat when yer too drunk or lazy to make yerself something more nutritious?

with a condom demonstrate the proper usage to yer 15 y.o. niece who is ravishingly beautiful but innocent and uninformed and will not receive the necessary information from thai adults in the house because of culturally dictated embarrassment?

phew... :)

I eat a banana every morning. Good potassium.

My way, the crunchy way:

3 tablespoons Grape Nuts cereal

3 tablespoons unsweetened Swiss Muesli

1 tablespoon pepitas

2 tablespoons Flaxseed

Sprinkle of honey

Sliced BANANA

Skim milk

Edited by Jingthing

I eat a banana every morning. Good potassium.

My way, the crunchy way:

3 tablespoons Grape Nuts cereal

3 tablespoons unsweetened Swiss Muesli

1 tablespoon pepitas

2 tablespoons Flaxseed

Sprinkle of honey

Sliced BANANA

Skim milk

Ah yes, grasshopper...

In following The Crunchy Way, one may find the true path to culinary enlightenment (not to mention longevity). With a morning regiment like your's, we should be reading great posts from you for a long, long time to come! Party on, man (but not too many veggie burgers with extra sprouts, please... ok?)!

:)