International Weekend

bangkok blue

England Vs Brazil; midnight k.o in LOS.

some other big international playoffs aswell. Really wanna see Ireland Vs Frogs too (Can see an upset there)

Any ideas if Thai TV / True / WETV etc... will cover any of them?

Esp wanna watch the England match, not seen it advertised anywhere though.

I saw all of the Play Offs advertised last night, on various True Sport Channels but all on the same advert, to be shown over teh weekend..

Not just the Europeans either, Uruguay V Costa Rica i think it was too, on Sunday if my meory sevres me right.. :)

Don't suppose you know about the Brazil game do you?

I know it's a 17:00 KO at home so is obviously Midnight here & id be amazed if it isn't on at all..

Just depends on the times of the Play Offs for True but even then i'd be amazed if the Thai's didn't show it, prestige Friendly & it will be in pretty big demand accross Asia i would have thought..

Times of the Play Offs : GMT

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

Greece v Ukraine, PO, L1, 18:00

Portugal v Bosnia-Hercegovina, PO, L1, 20:30

Rep of Ireland v France, PO, L1, 20:00

Russia v Slovenia, PO, L1, 16:00

Edited by MSingh

England v Brazil is on Truesport 1 midnight Saturday

Rep of Ireland is on Truesport 1 3am Sunday

The other qualifiers will be shown on Truesport but as Truevisions doesn't see fit to publish details of most of its sports channels online, you'll either have to try to catch the trailers or wait until the weekend.

England v Brazil is on Truesport 1 midnight Saturday

Rep of Ireland is on Truesport 1 3am Sunday

The other qualifiers will be shown on Truesport but as Truevisions doesn't see fit to publish details of most of its sports channels online, you'll either have to try to catch the trailers or wait until the weekend.

On that note I did see them advertising the games / times on their Channels, will take a look tonight and write them down if I can.

Not directly related to this weekend but I see Lampard has been hurt and could be out for quite some time while training for the 'friendly' against Brazil.

Like all the injuries (Gerrard and so on) picked up while on International 'DUTY', hope this one sits well with the FA. :)

Not directly related to this weekend but I see Lampard has been hurt and could be out for quite some time while training for the 'friendly' against Brazil.

Like all the injuries (Gerrard and so on) picked up while on International 'DUTY', hope this one sits well with the FA. :)

That's Football i'm afraid, sh*t happens..

New Zealand vs Bahrain - TS1 1700

England vs Brazil - TS1 0000

Ireland vs France - TS1 0300 (and I think the guy said free to air Channel 7 but Lady Fart deemed it necessary to yak on the phone all through ther preview)

The other Euro Playoffs are scattered among the other TS channels.

After that the South American play offs start in the wee small hours so its coffee and football all the way chaps!

I'll keep an eye on TS and if I can give any more info I will do.

Happy days!

Was on ESPN, NZ in the finals. Apologies to any kiwis out there, but think you're gonna be the worst whippin' boys in World Cup history!

Well 36,000 people ,a record for a NZ football game, might not share your opinion. Kiwis hava a remarkably proud sporting record for a small country and the fact that they are acually going to the World Cup will fill the coffers and hopefully inspire many young uns to play the game in a country that is rugby crazy. I'm not a Kiwi bult hats off to them for their efforts and bad luck to Bahrain who had to play 20 games to get to this one and NZ only 8, something seems wrong there surely and wil prrobably be corrected in the future.

Sparkles, hope they prove me wrong, dare say 36,000 + 36,000 pet sheep would disagree with me, but did you watch the game?

N.Z were woeful in front of goal and lack any class whatsoever.... Feel for Bahrain, had some shocking luck in WC playoffs. As you said 20 qualifying games Vs 8 doesn't add up. Also Bahrain had a pre - asia playoff against Saudi Arabia to even get there I think.

Think even Honduras will put up a better show then them.

Why should you be worried if lampard is out,your team needs all the help it can get,

Why should you be worried if lampard is out,your team needs all the help it can get,

What are you talking about ??

His " Team " lost 3-0 in Macedonia, jing jing.. :D

It's not really the point is it. Ask Arsenal what they think of RVP out now for months because of 'friendly'.

Sparkles, hope they prove me wrong, dare say 36,000 + 36,000 pet sheep would disagree with me, but did you watch the game?

N.Z were woeful in front of goal and lack any class whatsoever.... Feel for Bahrain, had some shocking luck in WC playoffs. As you said 20 qualifying games Vs 8 doesn't add up. Also Bahrain had a pre - asia playoff against Saudi Arabia to even get there I think.

Think even Honduras will put up a better show then them.

Yes I watched the game and Ryan Nelson is their only experienced class player and he sort of holds them together at the back.The 6ft 5 "goalkeeper looked comfortable and will obviously get plenty of work in SA.The goal they scored was well taken and some games you only need one.

NZ may take some heavy defeats but are Honduras and North Korea any better ? I think NZ may well be forced to play in a South East Asian zone,in future play offs and would slot in with Thailand, Singapore , Vietnam etc etc.

NZ may take some heavy defeats but are Honduras and North Korea any better ? I think NZ may well be forced to play in a South East Asian zone,in future play offs and would slot in with Thailand, Singapore , Vietnam etc etc.

In a word ??? Yes Mr Sparkles my Old China, North Korea are no Mugs whatsoever & i wouldn't be surprised in them doing another " 66 ", they finished above the Saudi's & Iran in their Group don't forget ...

Hondurus however won't pull up any Tree's but will be much more competetive than the Kiwi's, mark my words... :)

They beat Mexico in the Group, smashed Costa Rica 4-0 & beat Chile 2-0 too, albeit in a Friendly, no mugs either..

In a word ??? Yes Mr Sparkles my Old China, North Korea are no Mugs whatsoever & i wouldn't be surprised in them doing another " 66 ", they finished above the Saudi's & Iran in their Group don't forget ...

Hondurus however won't pull up any Tree's but will be much more competetive than the Kiwi's, mark my words... :)

They beat Mexico in the Group, smashed Costa Rica 4-0 & beat Chile 2-0 too, albeit in a Friendly, no mugs either..

Weekend Friendly result " Zambia 4 v Nth Korea 1. Maybe they used the '66 squad.

:) I wonder if he has a brochure like Owen?

Psssst... want to buy an England captain? John Terry puts the nation's armband on sale

EXCLUSIVE By Matt Lawton Last updated at 1:55 AM on 27th November 2009

Eye-eye captain: Many will find John Terry’s bid to make more money greedy and distasteful

John Terry has scored a massive PR own goal by attempting to cash in on his status as England captain ahead of the World Cup.

Masterminded by a small marketing company in Enfield, Terry has been presented as someone desperate to maximise his earning potential with a series of embarrassing, if mostly correct, boasts.

Terry, who already commands a salary in the region of £170,000 a week at Chelsea, could even incur the wrath of FIFA for being associated with the use of their World Cup logo in the email that was circulated yesterday around the sports business community.

Leading international brands are normally charged millions by football's world governing body to endorse their products with the FIFA World Cup logo.

'The FIFA 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa is fast approaching!' says the email circulated by Riviera Entertainment. 'With this in mind Riviera Entertainment is identifying suitable commercial endorsement opportunities for its client John Terry for the period building up to the finals and beyond.

'John Terry is available to create effective brand awareness and endorse products and services globally.'

It then reminds potentially interested parties that 'John Terry is: British sporting hero; England's football captain; World Cup 2018 ambassador; Football icon; Dad of the year 2008; Voted as one of the World's most influencial (sic) people.'

The incorrect spelling of influential only adds to the embarrassment the email will cause the England captain and question why he apparently feels it necessary to allow others to pursue financial opportunities on his behalf in such a crass manner.

Terry is not in breach of any Football Association rules or any terms that might be in his contract at Chelsea. But sources at the FA did wince at the content of the email last night, not least because it simply makes him appear 'greedy'.

Terry does deserve enormous credit for the way he has conducted himself since becoming England captain. He has cleaned up his act after a series of high profile misdemeanours in his youth and has even overcome the embarrassment caused more recently by close members of his family.

His father, his mother and his mother-in-law have made front page news amid allegations of drug dealing and shop lifting. Sue Terry, 50, and Sue Poole, 54, were arrested and cautioned after being caught with £800 of clothes and groceries from Tesco and Marks & Spencer.

Earlier this month, John Terry snr was filmed arranging to pass a class A drug to an undercover reporter.

In the eyes of England manager Fabio Capello, Terry is the perfect captain. An inspirational leader, a brilliant central defender and a perfect ambassador for the England team.

But since separating from his long-term agent and former Chelsea kit-man Aaron Lincoln in the summer, Terry does seem to have received some highly questionable advice.

He was the subject of a messy and protracted transfer bid by Manchester City in the summer, with the big-spending club offering him a staggering £250,000 a week to move to Eastlands.

He was believed to be tempted by the move but was ultimately persuaded to stay at Chelsea after a meeting with owner Roman Abramovich.

There are reports of an ill-advised column with a major tabloid newspaper and now he has to deal with the humiliation of an email that was met with widespread incredulity in the football world yesterday.

Paul Nicholls, the former Sutton and Rushden and Diamionds goalkeeper who is understood to represent Terry, was unavailable for comment last night.

Sportsmail did contact Steve Parks from Riviera Entertainment but he said: 'I don't know who you are and because I didn't send you the email I have nothing to say to you.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0Y1oqPYGq

JT is not a real captain in my opinion. Yes he may be passionate about the game and England. But to me. He is not a real captain. Take Beckham, Lineker, Keegan, Shearer or Butcher. All well respected players in their day. JT doesn't even come close. IMHO. Good player , captain material. No!

JT is not a real captain in my opinion. Yes he may be passionate about the game and England. But to me. He is not a real captain. Take Beckham, Lineker, Keegan, Shearer or Butcher. All well respected players in their day. JT doesn't even come close. IMHO. Good player , captain material. No!

Agreed but think of the potential sponsorship opportunities...

Non-slip flooring

Drug Daddies Anonymous

Fast Fingered Families

feel free to add your own..