Tat For Dive Center

fishnships

Thai law requires a vessel engaged in a comm'l operation (charters, etc) to employ a Thai Captain and a Thai engineer. The current Thai laws apparently regard the employment of Thai nationals with priority to safety for the passengers. Many Thai captains and engineers are uneducated with regards to marine safety, etc and lack experience, especially for offshore operations. I am aware of a number of dive boats in Phuket over the past 18-years that have employed Thai captains and have experienced catestrophic losses.

I know a number of foreign yacht owners who have arranged their Thai girlfriend to become licensed as a "captain". It demonstrates how negligent the Thai gov't is regarding licensing.

Should you wish to operate a successful and safe dive operation, don't depend on your Thai captain or engineer!

Thai law requires a vessel engaged in a comm'l operation (charters, etc) to employ a Thai Captain and a Thai engineer. The current Thai laws apparently regard the employment of Thai nationals with priority to safety for the passengers. Many Thai captains and engineers are uneducated with regards to marine safety, etc and lack experience, especially for offshore operations. I am aware of a number of dive boats in Phuket over the past 18-years that have employed Thai captains and have experienced catestrophic losses.

I know a number of foreign yacht owners who have arranged their Thai girlfriend to become licensed as a "captain". It demonstrates how negligent the Thai gov't is regarding licensing.

Should you wish to operate a successful and safe dive operation, don't depend on your Thai captain or engineer!

Completely off topic, irrelevant, speculative, and of no help to the OP.

Fishnships, there are a number of companies on the island that will assist you in this process. Find one and use them is really what you need to do. Good luck.

You need OTD these days.

Necessary: boat papers, radio papers from the boat, insurance, company papers, instructor papers, DM papers, lease papers, copy ID card landlord, copy own ID card/passport plus some forms to be filled out, pictures of the shop, pictures of the equipment, sign with OTD/TAT number in Thai + picture of that.

Have fun.

Doesn't matter, also diveshops without boat need to have boat papers and radio papers for that boat for their TAT/OTD license. So he'll have to use one of another company. I still have all the papers here in a nice folder, so next time we can renew without problems.

With the 'new' OTD license it has become much, much more difficult.

Doesn't matter, also diveshops without boat need to have boat papers and radio papers for that boat for their TAT/OTD license. So he'll have to use one of another company. I still have all the papers here in a nice folder, so next time we can renew without problems.

With the 'new' OTD license it has become much, much more difficult.

I see. Sounds like fishnchips should talk to you. You been through this before.

I see. Sounds like fishnchips should talk to you. You been through this before.

he's welcome here.

Most importantly: he should talk with OTD, not TAT. And after that the paperwork: there are lists of required papers, there is the interpretation of the girl helping at the OTD, there is is the interpretation of the second girl helping there, etc.

Some people get away with less than on the list of required materials, others have to hand in more, you just never know.

Thank you all for your comments.

We do not have a boat as yet but are currently searching. Would it be better to apply once we have bought the boat. Or Can I apply then add the boat on to the licence at a later date?

Also I am not sure which company docs I require - all the directorship docs, tax docs and balance sheets? Should I go directly to my accountant? will they be able to assist in the application.

Sorry to ask silly questions but I am VERY NEW to this.

Cheers FishNShips

Thank you all for your comments.

We do not have a boat as yet but are currently searching. Would it be better to apply once we have bought the boat. Or Can I apply then add the boat on to the licence at a later date?

Also I am not sure which company docs I require - all the directorship docs, tax docs and balance sheets? Should I go directly to my accountant? will they be able to assist in the application.

Sorry to ask silly questions but I am VERY NEW to this.

Cheers FishNShips

there is no point in adding anything after you have been approved. If you do business before you have the boat you need the license beforehand, otherwise you do not.

If i recall correctly i gave an overview of documents earlier, none of the documents you mention is on that list.