83baht All You Can Eat On Faham Road

mallmagician

Last weekend I tried the Thai Country house with their Pork Leg for 99baht. It was very nice, and the large Leo at only 39 baht was a nice surprise too. :)

This weekend, on my weekly tour-de-cheap-charlie, I wish to return to the All You can eat place for 83baht on the same Faham road.

However, I am busy after 5PM, which is when, if my memory serves me well, is when the 83baht buffet starts each day.

My question is this:- Does it open earlier on the weekends? If so what time?

Failing that, any other places in the same sort of area (I live in San Sai, so dont really want to drive deep into the city just to eat), that have a similar cheap charlie pricing system, and a suitably western choice to boot?

Thanks

Phil

Don't waste your time at the 83 Baht place. I won't mention its name. The food is awful and the "steaks" are cooked in so much grease it's unbelievable. The guys behind the grills are soaked in grease and there is grease splashed all over the counter. The beef is not edible and the fish is frozen breaded fish like you would buy at Tesco.

O.K. here is a good place in Sansai for you. Phitsanulok Thai Foods, 49 or 99 Baht - I forget - including drinks. If you are heading down the Mae Jo Road in the direction of Theppanya Hospital, turn right at the intersection of Meechok Plaza (heading in the direction of the Mae Rim Road). About 700 meters (appx.) on your right is the restaurant. Just past the restaurant is the turnaround. The food is all cooked fresh and there is a huge buffet with lots of variety. The kitchen is spotless and the bathrooms are clean. I posted this once before and the feedback was all positive. The only downside is that a couple of times during the day there are tour buses that stop there and it can be crowded. Enjoy!

I forgot to add - don't confuse this place with another place on the same road (on the opposite side of the road but closer to Mae Rim), that has a similar name, Phitsanulok Thai Food - no s! That open air place is terrible. The owner of the other place is having problems with this place over the similar name.

Edited by elektrified

Don't waste your time at the 83 Baht place. I won't mention its name. The food is awful and the "steaks" are cooked in so much grease it's unbelievable. The guys behind the grills are soaked in grease and there is grease splashed all over the counter. The beef is not edible and the fish is frozen breaded fish like you would buy at Tesco.

O.K. here is a good place in Sansai for you. Phitsanulok Thai Foods, 49 or 99 Baht - I forget - including drinks. If you are heading down the Mae Jo Road in the direction of Theppanya Hospital, turn right at the intersection of Meechok Plaza (heading in the direction of the Mae Rim Road). About 700 meters (appx.) on your right is the restaurant. Just past the restaurant is the turnaround. The food is all cooked fresh and there is a huge buffet with lots of variety. The kitchen is spotless and the bathrooms are clean. I posted this once before and the feedback was all positive. The only downside is that a couple of times during the day there are tour buses that stop there and it can be crowded. Enjoy!

I forgot to add - don't confuse this place with another place on the same road (on the opposite side of the road but closer to Mae Rim), that has a similar name, Phitsanulok Thai Food - no s! That open air place is terrible. The owner of the other place is having problems with this place over the similar name.

That sounds great. Is it all Thai stuff? Or do they have some meaty foods there too?

Oh, and just to check. Are they open before 5? I am often busy after 5 on the weekends, so would need to eat earlier.

Occasionally I also go to a 49 buffet. This one is also on the right side as described above, about 200 to 300 meter (wild guess) further down in the direction to the Mae Rim road. It is also in a very large open house with nice new dining furniture. Besides the great fresh food, it includes fruit drinks, Thai coffee and various Thai desserts and fruit. It is open until 2PM but it is best to come between 11:30AM and 12:30PM. There is not turnaround nearby so you would need to continue about 3/4K to the Mae Rim road and take the U turn lane. It is setback about 100 meter from the road on their large lot so it could be easily to missed. I can't give you the name since it is in Thai. The large sign is the color of aqua.

About a year ago, I visited the one recommended by elektrified but I thought the one I went to was a better value.

Occasionally I also go to a 49 buffet. This one is also on the right side as described above, about 200 to 300 meter (wild guess) further down in the direction to the Mae Rim road. It is also in a very large open house with nice new dining furniture. Besides the great fresh food, it includes fruit drinks, Thai coffee and various Thai desserts and fruit. It is open until 2PM but it is best to come between 11:30AM and 12:30PM. There is not turnaround nearby so you would need to continue about 3/4K to the Mae Rim road and take the U turn lane. It is setback about 100 meter from the road on their large lot so it could be easily to missed. I can't give you the name since it is in Thai. The large sign is the color of aqua.

About a year ago, I visited the one recommended by elektrified but I thought the one I went to was a better value.

Will give that one a go too. THanks for the tip off. I didn't get chance to go yesterday, so will try over the next few days.

Thanks

Phil

Well, The one further down is closed on a Monday. However, I can give a little clearer direction. You drive towards mae rim, and then bear left to do the U-Turn that goes under the carriageway. So you're now basically heading back to Rimping way. You drive down and you will see a big True move shop on the left. Its just after that. White Sign with sort of Aqua writing on it, and a green sign directly below the white sign.

Can confirm 49baht, and the nice decor, but alas, closed on Monday.

So we rounded the trip off with a visit to the aforementioned Phitsanalok Thai FoodS. I can confirm this too is 49baht. Nice Big selection, Salads, Thai Curries, different rices etc. Some deserts were available too. Overall a pleasant and cheap dining experience. We will be back (Once we've tried out the other one too).

Thanks for the input everyone. Any more for any more?

Well, The one further down is closed on a Monday. However, I can give a little clearer direction. You drive towards mae rim, and then bear left to do the U-Turn that goes under the carriageway. So you're now basically heading back to Rimping way. You drive down and you will see a big True move shop on the left. Its just after that. White Sign with sort of Aqua writing on it, and a green sign directly below the white sign.

I used go there 2 or 3 times a week while the Vegetarian Society was closed for 9 months. I am sure I must have gone on a Monday as well. Must be something new. Maybe Monday is a slow day after a busy Sunday.