Buying Burgers N Hot Dogs In Bulk

realthaideal

Hey guys. I need to help a friend out here and there's a time crunch involved too. I need like 100 of each before next weekend. Anybody out there know where such quantities can be bought with little notice or without special ordering ? We'll be handling the cooking. We just need the ready-to-cook product.

And yes, I've done some research with the new search function already. So far I can't find info on where to buy nice sleeves of frozen burgers or buns of any sort. I'm going off to Northern Farms on Huay Kaew, and also going to investigate the dogs at Royal Farms further up the road in just a few minutes.

Here's what I find so far:

Tesco: Nothing in the way of Burgers or buns of any sort. Dogs - the usual Thai varieties, plus one good one from TGM that's a bit pricey but I'd buy it direct if I go with it.

Makro: Nothing in the way of buns, dogs were standard Thai style, and I found some frozen burger patties, 8 of them, frozen angus USDA beef, for about 1000 baht !! You've got to really want that burger.

Anybody ever stock up bulk for an event with any luck ? Where'd you go ?

Thanks.

RTD

G&M Sausage (Gunther) maybe? Tel: 053-840-531 and 053-965352

And for some mouth-watering pic's of their dishes: [reason for edit posting links to another forum against forum rules]

Sorry certainly cannot agree with you on that, the food looks a total mess and would put off most people - only hope it tastes a bit better !!

The OP is asking for HOT DOGS not sausages, German, Thai, Polish or others There is a large difference. but for the photo: :)

Ahum ... uhhhh ... so vienna sausages and hotdogs don't even come close? Oopsie-woopsie! :D

Well, so far it goes with my total lack of culinary stuff 'know-how'.

@joepai: sorry you don't like the pic's. I've got to admit that when I saw these pic's I remembered the good taste of Gunther's sausages, pork leg, gordon blue and above all his potato salad. :D

I'm not a frequent guest at Gunther's restaurant, however, as I'm not a huge meat eater. But each time I did go there I thoroughly enjoyed the food ....

But as my taste buds are not your taste buds, it may be you have another opinion after tasting Gunther's products. I do recommend to try out his dishes though. :D

e030.gif

Edited by Nienke

Why not ask at one of the fast food places like Pinkys or Spankies they should be able to point you in the right direction?

Back in the day when I owned a restaurant here I always got my burgers in bulk from Northern Farm with no problems.

Good idea but would suggest asking at Mikes burgers as they always taste good and must through zillions of the burgers.