Aust crackdown

snoophound

Yes John does all the paper work. Jaye usually comes to all the festivals that are celebrated at the Temple in Thebarton.

She used to have her own television program many years ago on ch 10, she was a very striking woman when younger.

off the subject a bit

bronco

Yes he has been looking a bit crook for a while but I hav'nt seen him for about 9 months, still have till Jan on multiple re-entry visa. Saw Jay last time at the water festival in temple, is a bit odd squirting water pistols at each other in cold weather :o  we got out of it when the squirting began.

back on subject of immigration, would you think I am being paranoid about posting even vague details here? I reckon we are getting the run around at the moment, being asked to do things twice, getting more documents translated that wern't even asked for in the first place that sort of thing.

I thought everything would have been resolved by now, havn't heard from them for a while so maybe we have a green light.

bronco

My statistic of 45% was not just Thai, but a general figure given by Centre Links applications for support payment, think I read it in the Australian one morning

My point was that Thai girls are not dumb and if they can, (and it not that hard just go around any of the bars and take a look) convince some beer slobber she will make love to him for the rest of his life, just take me home, and he believes he's a 25 yr old stud again.

Given time most show the same end results once they can stay in Australia they no longer need the fat beer slobber, and he's usually so dumb if he got any money left turns around and starts the comple cycle again.

The 2 yr test I did not know about but I guess is a good start.

but again as i said as the company I work for puts up a bond we do not see the troubles that the average Joe blow has, and our work visas are issued direct in Australia so we don't have to deal with Thai/Australia little hitlers

Solution find a thai girl that can act.

Gee they do a great job at the bars

Then you get a work visa no problem

Its called support the Film industry and all over can go to HXXLL

I have stayed vague for that reason.

I know that one of those "little hitlers" as "ozzieman" describes them wouldn't have us on her xmas card list and I am sure she would love to get even given a chance, maybe that's happening now. How long do they hold a grudge for after I guess losing a bit of "face".

I don't want to go begging for help at every inconvenience so will wait and see, it is not a big rush now as the year comes to an end.

I might email you with some details doc if needed but as they say in the movies we hardly know each other, but you seem to be fair dinkum and know your stuff.

bronco

OzzieMan FYI

New migrants to Australia must wait 2 years before they can recieve social security income support payments.  Holders of provisional subclass 309 maybe eligible for a special benefit if they are in severe hardship, strict guidlines apply to this payment. No other payments are available to holders of temporary visas.

That is an edited verison of the standard letter all 309 visa holders get from the embassy.

I guess that means if they leave hubby maybe they get a trip home because they cant get the permanent visa as a spouse, any thoughts?

bronco

I also think some of these fortunate "educated" thai females in the embassy truly look down upoun the BG s wanting to try and make a better life for themselves.

Yes there are PROBLEMS with the system.

Lets be constructive and look at some SOLUTIONS.

1) change Aussie immigration policy.Unlikely.

2) change attitude of embassy workers.Unlikely.

3) change the applicants situation to overcome points 1 and 2.

I can think of 2 ways to acheive point 3 :

1) changed situation can be real (ie: get a real uni degree, land, job,own a company, long relationship history etc....), but is likely to take time and money.

2) changed situation can be a facade.After all Thailand is the land of suface wealth/superficial apperances.A well constructed,convincing facade can work wonders.Create the paper work, create the credibility, train the applicant, engineer the situation,play the game dont let the game play you, etc....

yes it seems the chinese are well on to that game

the money trail is circular.

Guest IT Manager

Sort of On-Topic, but there was an article in The Post today about a Thai woman who was nabbed and jailed by NZ immigration.

The NZ court awarded her 50,000 NZ Dollars (about 86 baht I believe), for the embarrassment, anguish etc.

I wonder what direction this makes one face when looked at from the perspective of applying for Non Im B with a 5 year old company, work permit, tax payments etc., and only getting 3 months.

I have often seen people in various fora, carrying on about how Thailand hates foreigners. Sometimes I think so too, but it's rare. More a matter of keeping the country Nationalistic and self focussed which, when you are just getting used to the idea that you can vote, and you don't have to take 300 Baht no matter how much the Thai giving it to you, loves you, makes a fair bit of sense.

At the end of the day, I sometimes feel that the problems faced by "fair dinkum" Thai overseas travellers are the result of the actions of former Thai Governments coming home to roost.

One thinks specifically of what made Pattaya "great" was the war in Vietnam and R&R and so on. It seems that was when Thailand started to see itself as a bedroom and made sure to cash in on it.

That was a country with the economy (in those days), of a large hen-house, not the rushing forward junior democracy it is today, so it can hardly be surprising. A rich man back there, knew what a telephone was and may know someone who had heard that someone else had one. A really wealthy man lived next to him and owned 6 buffalo.

It really is a matter of scale in my opinion. In the 70's the west was developing at a rate of knots. After the greed crashes in the states, Thailand just kept muddling along, without much change in anything. Now where were our countries as Thais' kept at it, day in day out, to a point where now, we all want to live here?

What really changed?

The issues raised and discussed to date have been 95% correct according to my experiences over the past 30 odd years.

The 5% applies to item 2

change attitude of embassy workers unlikely
this can be done if approached in the correct manner.(my experience PI & LOS).

Dr as you have stated Consulate in Brisbane very good.

Although past and recent experiences (Thur 30/10/03):

1. Renewal of wifes passport(passport extension already

used),

2. Visa for self.

compel me to rate the Consulate staff in Sydney as "excellent" and I say this without hestation and not to gain favour with anyone!

The issues raised and discussed to date have been 95% correct according to my experiences over the past 30 odd years.

The 5% applies to item 2

change attitude of embassy workers unlikely
this can be done if approached in the correct manner.(my experience PI & LOS).

Dr as you have stated Consulate in Brisbane very good.

Although past and recent experiences (Thur 30/10/03):

1. Renewal of wifes passport(passport extension already

used),

2. Visa for self.

compel me to rate the Consulate staff in Sydney as "excellent" and I say this without hestation and not to gain favour with anyone!

What was actually meant was foriegn embassies in Thailand, staffed by Thai workers who ajudicate on visa applications for Thai's to go to other countries.

Penelope

Agree 100%,

the first half of my input applied to this issue

The issues raised and discussed to date have been 95% correct according to my experiences over the past 30 odd years. The 5% applies to item 2 change attitude of embassy workers unlikely this can be done if approached in the correct manner.(my experience PI & LOS).

The remainder was a follow-on to the Dr's earlier commendation for the Brisbane & Adelaide Consulates.

Sorry if there was confusion but those 30 or so years have been odd to say the least ::D:

Maybe I need to change my ID from mijan24 to oddfellow30?

Happy LK to all. :o