Mu7...

bkkmick

Yummy. Taken it for a few jaunts and it is great. Tomorrow heading off to Kow Yai (sp?) for a proper test. The GPS street names are in Thai but I have to go back next week to get an English SIM card installed.

Trying to get the kids DVD playing in the rear monitor - can't do it!? The DVD only plays on the front monitor....guess it's time to start going through all the setting to find out how to do that.

All in all I'm VERY happy with the car. Comfortable and surprisingly nippy for such a big beast.

Need an excuse to drive somewhere? Out of milk? OK, I'll go and get some....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to get the kids DVD playing in the rear monitor - can't do it!? The DVD only plays on the front monitor....guess it's time to start going through all the setting to find out how to do that.

If it is the same as mine you need to select AV setup and then select the '2' tab on the top ('1' tab is for the front screen). This should allow you to select the screen input (set to DVD). For some reason the front screen seems to automatically select the input but the rear screen I have to set depending on DVD or ipod video.

Yummy. Taken it for a few jaunts and it is great. Tomorrow heading off to Kow Yai (sp?) for a proper test. The GPS street names are in Thai but I have to go back next week to get an English SIM card installed.

If you can't wait until next week, PM me.

Read your manual. Download the Ebook version here:

http://manual.kenwood.com/en_contents/attachDownload/7196/

Thanks Orac, DVD's now playing on the rear screen.

Cheers, Aidenai, PM sent.

I guess that I'm pushing it, but, is there anyway that the kids can be watching DVD's in the back and listen to them on headphones and I can listen to music? Don't think that there is as you have to select the source, but I thought I'd ask..

Thanks

Mick

I guess that I'm pushing it, but, is there anyway that the kids can be watching DVD's in the back and listen to them on headphones and I can listen to music? Don't think that there is as you have to select the source, but I thought I'd ask..

Thanks

Mick

Yes, you can. Your audio source has to be the tuner or an USB device though as your DVD player is occupied for the kids. In Zone Control your can set the source for the front speakers and the source for the rear speakers.

Source > Blue arrow (right top corner) > Speaker Icon > Zone Control

Sorry to bump this topic again, but I got such good advice before I thought I'd ask another question:

Anyone got an MU7 and an iPhone?

The pairing seems to work to a certain level (i.e. the system automatically answers the phone when someone calls) but I cannot get it to have all the options active when the phone is connected (via cable or bluetooth).

Does anyone know of any additional settings that I'm missing? I've tried the English version of the manual that aidenai suggested and I've tried setting the Bluetooth settings etc.

The weird thing is that sometimes the address book and other options are available, mostly not.

The iPhone I have is 3G not jailbroken on the latest version of the operating system.

Cheers, Mick

Edited by bkkmick

The pairing seems to work to a certain level (i.e. the system automatically answers the phone when someone calls) but I cannot get it to have all the options active when the phone is connected (via cable or bluetooth).

Does anyone know of any additional settings that I'm missing? I've tried the English version of the manual that aidenai suggested and I've tried setting the Bluetooth settings etc.

The weird thing is that sometimes the address book and other options are available, mostly not.

The Kenwood Garmin is coupled with the automatic trnasmission. In other than the P-mode, several functions of both DVD-Movie and BT telephone are disabled for drivers' safety. For example your passenger or you can't watch a movie on the front display while driving and you can't access the telephone's telephone book either.

Anyone know the price of the 2 wheel drive MU-7 Super Platinum? The Fortuner Aperto is 1.3

Last month I paid 1,124,000 two wheel drive manual trans super platinum. I traded my 2005 MU-7 and got a loyalty discount 10,000 Baht

I have an MU 7 Activo, and its simply a great car, very comfortable I went BKK -Nongkai roundtrip in one day, not even a litle bit tired wen came back home. In the mountains its a dream to drive because its have a lot pof power. I never liked to drive at night time, this also changed since I have my MU 7, the lights are simply fantastic, not yet to mention the brakes.

I drove Fiat, Volvo, BMW, Benz and in my younger years and Citroen DS. Never had so much fun driving as in my MU7.

At a medium speed of 130 at the highway its only consumes 8.4l per 100 k. Only in traffic jams its realy high up to 35 L per 100k

I'm glad I waited for the 2010 model with its 4 wheel disc ABS brakes! I also prefer the new single-color paints vs the two toned color paint combinations of the previous models. Now, if only those conservative Isuzu engineers would lighten-up and offer a nice 'red-burgundy' color option + electric seats! :)

I had to settle for a Fortuner 2.7 gasohol rental - I wanted the diesel version just so I could compare it head-to-head with the MU7 Activo. Though it was a gas guzzler, while driving route 12 multiple times between Phetchabun and Udorn, no one can tell me one doesn't need 4x4 in LOS!!! Even with this engine, I felt like Steve Mc Queen in 'Bullit', while negotiatiating (accelerating) the steep curves, assents and desents!!

I can hardly wait to do it all again with my MU-7 Activo.... Baht 1.266 M!

I've bought an Isuzu MU7 Super Platinum Primo AT. 18 inch rims and 265/70 tyres added.
You have changed the wheels to your MU7? Did the front tyre touch sometime the inner plastic mudflap?

How do you know? Yes, it does at very curvy road conditions such as Chiang Mai-Pai/Mae Hong Son. A bit of the mudflaps can be cut away if I want. The wheels are 18 inch rims with 265/60R18 tyres.

Hey Aidenai,

Are your tires 265/60R18 or 265/70R18? Did they come with the MU-7 when you ordered it from the dealer? What brand are they?

I've bought an Isuzu MU7 Super Platinum Primo AT. 18 inch rims and 265/70 tyres added.
You have changed the wheels to your MU7? Did the front tyre touch sometime the inner plastic mudflap?

How do you know? Yes, it does at very curvy road conditions such as Chiang Mai-Pai/Mae Hong Son. A bit of the mudflaps can be cut away if I want. The wheels are 18 inch rims with 265/60R18 tyres.

Hey Aidenai,

Are your tires 265/60R18 or 265/70R18? Did they come with the MU-7 when you ordered it from the dealer? What brand are they?

My bad. They are 265/60R18. They came from the dealer. The brand of the tyres is Aurora.

Hey Aidenai,

My bad. They are 265/60R18. They came from the dealer. The brand of the tyres is Aurora.

.....no problem - I'm just grateful for the helpful info!

I've added some extra hardware to my MU7.

A 4-band equaliser with subwoofer gain:

A 4x100 Watt amplifier:

A 1x300 Watt subwoofer amplifier:

Dedicated MU7 Subwoofer case plus subwoofer:

Aidenai,

You 'dah Man! :)

That really looks sharp!! :D

Was all the hardware and work bought and done at one shop? Who did your work?

About the 18" wheels: How frequently does the mud flap rubbing occur and do you think the mfg disc brakes are large enough for the 18" wheels?

Was all the hardware and work bought and done at one shop? Who did your work?

About the 18" wheels: How frequently does the mud flap rubbing occur and do you think the mfg disc brakes are large enough for the 18" wheels?

Thanks Ahnsahn. I had it all done at an Audio Garage in town. They've also upgraded the central lock system to an alarm system including a movement sensor. With an upgrade system you can use the original key.

About the wheels. I only had it on the curvy roads in the north of Thailand. Sharp turns (full at the steering wheel) to the left or right, a speed of 5-10 km/h and holes in the road. If it annoys me, the dealer will cut a small part (1 x 2 cm) away of each mud flap. About the brakes? To be honest, no idea. I think that the mass of the car has more to do with the brakes' ability than the diameter of wheels and that hasn't change but I might be wrong.

Cheers.

I am surprised to learn that the MU-7 does not offer cruise control or 6-way power(electric) seats for the driver and front passenger! At least they finally included 4 wheel disc brakes - that is a very welcomed addition over the antiquated rear drum brakes!

Does anyone know whether 'after-market' cruise control can be installed without voiding the warranty?

I had been trying to decide between 'Black' or 'White' until I saw a 'Blue' demo MU-7 at the dealership.

I will be buying the 'Blue' one....with a pair of 18" wheels!

Edited by thailoht

I have only front disc brakes on my Super Platinum.

....while I was in the showroom, I only glanced at the rear wheels, but I thought there were disc brakes on the rear.....you mean to tell me that the Super Platinum Activo only has front disc brakes???!! :)

If that's the case, maybe, (hopefully), next year's MU-7 model will at least have 4 wheel disc brakes, cruise control and those 6-way power seats!!

I have only front disc brakes on my Super Platinum.

Two different dealers priced an Activo at THB 1,252,000 and THB 1,266,000. But when I asked for the 265x60x18" tierd sndwheels to be added, the price was increased THB 50k - 60k. Is this approximately what you guys were charged or should I take the 'discount' and buy the 18" wheels and tires from an after-market tire dealer company?

After having just put 7.5k miles on a rental 2.7 Fortuner and now test driving a MU7, I know what earlier posters meant hen they stated that the ride of a Fortuner was more car-like (smooth and quiet) while ththe MU& was definitely of a truck-like ride......it has me wondering what the ride is like in a Fortuner diesel....

Besides Free: - 1 year 1st Class Insurance, An English version of the users manual and an English language sim chip for the GPS unit, Are there any other tips that should be made aware of?

Now: 'Color' decision time!

Two different dealers priced an Activo at THB 1,252,000 and THB 1,266,000. But when I asked for the 265x60x18" tierd sndwheels to be added, the price was increased THB 50k - 60k.

Of course the price of the 18 inch rims and tyres depends on the brands but you should be aware of the fact that your are trading in five original Isuzu wheels. The trade-in price should be around 20,000 THB.

Besides Free: - 1 year 1st Class Insurance, An English version of the users manual and an English language sim chip for the GPS unit, Are there any other tips that should be made aware of?

- window film, hi-kool

- back sensors

- rear utility tray

- side step protectors

All in all I'm VERY happy with the car. Comfortable and surprisingly nippy for such a big beast.

Need an excuse to drive somewhere? Out of milk? OK, I'll go and get some....

The GPS street names are in Thai but I have to go back next week to get an English SIM card installed.

Hi,Can you tell me how you got on with the English Sim Card,Cost and how long did it take to fit.

I have the Kenwood in my Isuzi Plat but it is in Thai.

I also have the internal dash mouted arial,it takes for ever to get a signal,do you have the external ariel.

I would appreciate your help on this.

Robbo 1957

Two different dealers priced an Activo at THB 1,252,000 and THB 1,266,000. But when I asked for the 265/60R 18 tires and wheels to be added, the price was increased THB 50k - 60k.

Of course the price of the 18 inch rims and tyres depends on the brands but you should be aware of the fact that your are trading in five original Isuzu wheels. The trade-in price should be around 20,000 THB.

- window film, hi-kool

- back sensors

- rear utility tray

- side step protectors

....I'm new to this since this will be my first car purchase in LOS.....do you mean I will be 'trading in' back to the Isuzu dealer or are you referring to an independent tyre store? Were you offered a selection of brands and models from the dealer when you upgraded to your 18"? What 18" tyre brands do you consider above average?
Toyota comes with rather expensive 17" wheels as standard, while Izu comes with 15" or 16" with cheap tyres.

Hence the inexpensive upgrade for Toyota, since the original wheels have a value.

What are the brand and model of the Fortuner tyres? What 18" tyre brands do you consider above average?