Condo & Apartments Vs Hotels & Guest Houses?

Drew Aitch

Hi folks. I'm surprised at how neat and cosy some of the guest houses and small hotels are compared with how they used to be. I mean, there used to be some right sh*t holes around for back packers, and I myself used to stay in a Bkk guest house for a mere 40 Baht a night way back in 1991. Mind you, you got 40 Bahts worth of accommodation ha ha lol.

The last 6 years I've stayed in 1 expensive 5 bathroom 3 bedroom luxury pad, and 4 nice but much cheaper 1 bed condominiums. I prefer condos over apartments as the bills are cheaper and the living experience feels a little more permanent.

However, I can't help but look with amazement at some of these nice small hotels and guesthouses that have been springing up in recent years. They have gardens, on suite bathrooms, cable TV, internet connections, restaurants, and lots of wooden style designs and decent furniture inside the rooms.

So I was just wondering if any fellow renters out there have opted to live in such places over apartments and condos, and if so, how is it working out and where are you staying?

Thanks in advance

Aitch

I lived in the Montri Hotel for 5 years and had daily maid service, English TV, a safe, security and a helpful staff. I really miss it, but they hiked the prices up 50% during the middle of a financial crisis and I have a bunch of free apartments in my stores, so I decided to save the money instead. :)

I lived in the Montri Hotel for 5 years and had daily maid service, English TV, a safe, security and a helpful staff. I really miss it, but they hiked the prices up 50% during the middle of a financial crisis and I have a bunch of free apartments in my stores, so I decided to save the money instead. :)

I've stayed there when i was up here looking for condos. Yes, the Montri is a nice little place, although i'm referring more to these woody cosy style places in quite sois with gardens and perhaps a bit more out into the countryside.

Btw G, a bunch of free apartments in your stores? Do you rent them out?

Cheers

Aitch