Zurich Breakfast Sausages

Jimmyd

I used to get lovely sausages, similar to american breakfast sausages, at Friendship, in the open refrigerated case at the back that had salami and ham and other cold cuts. I'm pretty sure they were called Zurich Breakfast sausages, and if I recall correctly, they were made in Rayong, though I'm not 100% certain of any of these facts.

Recently they have disappeared, prior to the big reorganization they have just done in the store (eloped with the grapenuts?). Does anyone know where I can get them? Has the supplier gone out of business? I could make a sausage run to Rayong if someone knows where the company is located. (Hold the jokes on that one please.)

Any leads would be appreciated.

Yes, I have checked that section--no luck. This company did other sausages too--one called 'fresh sausages' I believe. Friendship seems to have dropped the whole line of products from this manufacturer.

Edited by Jimmyd

I wonder how the name of Zurich came to be associated with breakfast sausages?

Zurich has no tradition of making sausages.

The last time I was in Zurich (over ten years ago now) I do have very fond memories of eating from the German style sausage stalls.

I suspect that the sausages (Wurst) were made in Germany and smuggled across the border into Switzerland.

Perhaps the 'Zurich' sausages sold in Pattaya are in fact German.

We used to enjoy those Zurich breakfast sausages as well. We have not had them for a while, can't remember why we stopped buying them. Anyway we used to buy them in 1kg bags in Foodland and SS Naklua.

I'm going to SS tomorrow to get some smoked pork loin so will inquire what the story is with the sausages.