Need To Borrow Mini-casette Recorder For Old Tapes

realthaideal

Hey Guys. I've got a load of old mini-cassette tapes from the olden days in the 90's with all kinds of notes on them - recorded a dream series for about a year among other things. I'd like to upload them and make them all digital in this modern age.

Having 2 issues though:

1) Nobody seems to sell or have a mini lecture recorder around in their shops anymore. Besides, I'd rather just borrow, as they are dinosaurs in today's market. Anybody have one lying around somewhere that I could borrow ? I can pick-up. What do I owe you ?

2) What program would I then use if I hooked up the outfeed from the recorder to the computer to get it to recognize and record the data to an audio file ? I need some technical advice with respect to that. This will be a very new endeavor fro me to copy analog to digital off a mini tape.

:D Hello, I am just in the same hobby as you to transfer the MC to my Computer and Covert this to a MP3 or any other autio Format.

a) to play my MC I found in Hua Hin in a small electronic shop a portable radio with cassette deck design Philips. We have here not only one shop which have such MC player and I mean I have seen also only MC player without Radio. For my as at picture I paid 980 THB. Important is you have a good excit as it have at left on back side even for stereo!

Very nice is, in case you have a "Brumm" from the power supply you can avoid using batteries too.

:) is late now but I come back, I have few free programm on my PC but I must search because missing time I stop my download since few month.

post-37513-1259696227_thumb.jpg

post-37513-1259696310_thumb.jpg

Think the op meant mini cassette player recorder as in a dicta phone? If thats the case then i have one and would be willing to let his use it...pm me.

:) may you are right if I read again. MC stand for me as Music Casettes and 90' for olides :D ... nobody is perfect and special not me with poor English ha ha ha

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it's the MINI- Cassette recorder/ player I'm looking out for. I'll get that pm off, and then download that open program mentioned. We'll see how all this goes. Will feel very accomplished doing these conversions. Thai Bear, thanks for trying to help, and coming on n typing away in English; it's appreciated.

If for some reason it doesn't work out I have a dictaphone as well, and the right type of cable to connect it to a computer. I second the recommendation for Audacity as a simple to use program.

I'd recommend you to save the final files in FLAC format rather than mp3, it's spiffier in that it manages to compress file size without any quality loss, also it feels better to use formats that are free and open source, as opposed to mp3 that is a proprietary and lossy format.