No New Suzuki Motorcycles Imported Into The Usa For 2010

submaniac

Wow, cycle sales in the US are that bad, huh?

Man... I should fly back and buy a bike or two now- I'm sure there are great deals to be had...

Regarding the Suzuki announcement, it sounds worse than it is really since they've made no changes to any of their bikes for 2010 anyway...

Sub, you're in SoCal right? What kind of deals can be had on VFR800's right now? That's my dream bike :) How about a 2009 ZX6R?

Cheers!

Tony

Tony, I'm thinking with the failing USD, that Japanese bikes are just becoming too expensive, the seond hand market might even prop up for a little while before theres any great deals, I guess it all comes down to how desperate the Suzuki new bikes sales get & how aggressive they can afford to be.

Doesnt sound too promising for USA Suzuki staff.

Man... I should fly back and buy a bike or two now- I'm sure there are great deals to be had...

Speed triple 1050 <7k miles etc for $4900 obo

160k asking price :)

Peachy peachy ones not much more.. 15 year anniversary model just went through and didnt even make reserve. Even with shipping its still a long long way from 740k !!

Speed triple 1050 <7k miles etc for $4900 obo

160k asking price :D

Peachy peachy ones not much more.. 15 year anniversary model just went through and didnt even make reserve. Even with shipping its still a long long way from 740k !!

Well, I'm not interested in used and I'm REALLY not interested in the hassle and expense of trying to get a used bike into Thailand! But if I had a nice ride waiting for me back in the States it'd give me great reason to go back more often :)

Sub, you're in SoCal right? What kind of deals can be had on VFR800's right now? That's my dream bike :) How about a 2009 ZX6R?

Well, if you are interested in 2009 CBR1000RR's there's a place in North Carolina that is selling them brand new for $6789 with lifetime engine warranty (heard about it off fireblades.org). I have stopped at a few dealerships just for fun, but I have not seen any VFR800's in any of the dealerships I have gone to. I have only seen one in person on the open road, and it is a really stunning bike. I wouldn't sell my CBR1000rr to go buy one...though I would be awfully tempting. I can also tell you that the dealers I have been going to seem to be in some trouble. One of the biggest dealers in OC California is Hahm motorsports, and they shut down their biggest showroom and took over the building that was for service and repair. Probably had about 60 bikes in their showroom before, and are now down to about 20. Most of the bikes that are in stock are the 600's. I just don't think that dealers want to stock literbikes right now because of the economy. It's not only because they are more expensive to buy than the 600's but also the insurance jumps so much when you go to a literbike.

Serves Suzuki right! That what happens when you make the Gladius!!

Ha! that's so funny and true.

The Gladius is the ugliest bike in my recent memory, it has these cheap alien like plastic panels all over.

It looks like a cheap Chinese toy built life size.

Upper management must have been on peyote when they saw the design concept and said "that's good looking".

Perhaps the guy that gave it the green light for production was an Alien fan or was leaving Suzuki and this was his &lt;deleted&gt; to the company?

Well, if you are interested in 2009 CBR1000RR's there's a place in North Carolina that is selling them brand new for $6789 with lifetime engine warranty (heard about it off fireblades.org). I have stopped at a few dealerships just for fun, but I have not seen any VFR800's in any of the dealerships I have gone to. I have only seen one in person on the open road, and it is a really stunning bike. I wouldn't sell my CBR1000rr to go buy one...though I would be awfully tempting. I can also tell you that the dealers I have been going to seem to be in some trouble. One of the biggest dealers in OC California is Hahm motorsports, and they shut down their biggest showroom and took over the building that was for service and repair. Probably had about 60 bikes in their showroom before, and are now down to about 20. Most of the bikes that are in stock are the 600's. I just don't think that dealers want to stock literbikes right now because of the economy. It's not only because they are more expensive to buy than the 600's but also the insurance jumps so much when you go to a literbike.

Cheers Sub,

Thank you for the reply. Wow, new 2009 CBR1000RR's for less than $7k- amazing! I'm more interested in a sport tourer like the VFR800, but at that price I might be able to 'settle' for a big CBR :D

Didn't know about the big jump in insurance cost as I've always ridden 600cc bikes in the US, but I guess that makes sense. At least I've been gone long enough now that my traffic record should be clean and I've passed the high risk 20's and am now a safe responsible 30-something :D:D:D

Happy Trails!

Tony