Talcum Powder Enthusiasts

Richb2004v2

Is there really any benefit to covering ones self in talcum powder to cool down? I used to see lots of old women and young children plastered in the stuff. Now I have kids the wife like to coat them in it. I've been told that it has a cooling effect, but I can't work out how. Or is it something to do with humidity and sweating?

It depends JT, if you don't use it, but your partner thinks you need to, that might be the result... :)

I think that brand works well for the whole body. A Thai friend suggested that I put it on all over after toweling off after a shower. The menthol in it will make you feel cool for hours. (This time of year it's too cold to use it!)

I don't understand the regular Johnson's Baby Power thing, I know the ladies use it to absorb oil on the face, but it has no cooling effect.

I've seen girls caking themselves in it to the point of looking white. I thought it was maybe something to do with the fact that lighter skin is considered beautiful. Like a quick fix bleaching moisturizer some use.

Ok. I see now. I must try it some time for myself. I thought that maybe it reduced a heat rash but didn't realize it actually has cooling properties.

Buy a small tin and splash some on ya testicles, bit "surprising" at first but after a while you will love the stuff, even better is to lay spread eagled on your bed (towel underneath you) and get your missus to gently "massage" some into your nether regions.

I've seen girls caking themselves in it to the point of looking white. I thought it was maybe something to do with the fact that lighter skin is considered beautiful. Like a quick fix bleaching moisturizer some use.

Right.

After the evening shower the tiluk becomes the piloc. :)

It's not normal talcum powder, It's prickly heat powder, very cooling indeed!!!!!!

Ok. I see now. I must try it some time for myself. I thought that maybe it reduced a heat rash but didn't realize it actually has cooling properties.

I don't know you personally Richard, but after a couple of years reading your posts I feel as if I know you to some extent and when I read this I just about spurted my coffee everywhere as I pictured your face smothered in talc as you head out somewhere tommorrow. Can you imagine the looks you would get? :D:) . Thanks for the laugh, now come clean up this coffee.

ever tried to put a bra on while u are still damp from the shower and its 90% humidity/ i never used talc/cornflour based powders until i was in thailand... works great. also my son in army here says that the prickly heat powder from thailand -although actually british i think- is wonderful for soldiers here in the desert (prevents the chafing from the uniform and sweat and non showering and the grade b uniform for daily wear).. but any powder can do same job.

also, the powders in thailand seem to have UV screen stuff in it (read the bottle) so the equivalent sort of of putting on cream against the sun (cant remember the english term-- the stuff that people use at the beach to prevent suntanning). i hated putting sun screen (remembered the word) in thailand i felt like i was always melting and running from the heat and humidity and the sun screen made me 'slitheryer' feeling...

i think also 'way back when...' in laos women and men would use some kind of river clay as cosmetics/ceremonial rites and this is the residual action that has lasted.

like that powdery stuff they used on our faces when we got married...

bina

israel

It's not normal talcum powder, It's prickly heat powder, very cooling indeed!!!!!!

Good for heat rashes, too. Been using Prickly Heat for years (esp the herbal), but have recently switched to Protex which I find goes on better and is a lot smoother. Can't beat it on yer knackers first thing after shower. :)

A30176_e.jpg

I'm with Bina on this one. I can't imagine getting dressed after a shower without using talc first. I'd end up with a bad rash everywhere that elastic touches my skin without it. I love the Thai brand that says something about "12 hr" on the label. The stuff in their purple bottle is my favorite. To me, the fragrance is Thailand. It's very inexpensive and is something I always brought back from Thailand when we were at the "just visiting" stage of our lives. I remember feeling so sad and missing Thailand a few years ago when I was in the U.S. and used the last of my Thai "12 hr" talcum powder. I kept the bottle around just to take a sniff from time-to-time.

^I can imagine that only some of these posters are with you and bina nancy, as most of us don't wear bras.

You never heard of Manboobs (or Beertits, as the Geordies like to call them)?

Back on topic - if you ever accidentally splash aftershave on your testicles (how would that happen?) an application of Snakebrand Prickly Heat powder will cool you down. :)

^I can imagine that only some of these posters are with you and bina nancy, as most of us don't wear bras.

You never heard of Manboobs (or Beertits, as the Geordies like to call them)?

Back on topic - if you ever accidentally splash aftershave on your testicles (how would that happen?) an application of Snakebrand Prickly Heat powder will cool you down. :D

I remember watching an episode of Sienfield once where Kramer had a Manzeire (sp) a bra designed for men with man puppies :)

'mahtin' date='2009-12-02 21:06:51' post='317912'dumball' post='3179103' date='2009-12-02 14:58:24']Mmmmmmm Zoro , could you translate that into English please , lost me , says he scratching his head .

I'll go out on a limb... North Queensland?

Thanks for that Mathin , What about "It's simply trying to get it white " . ?

Sorry if I sound a little lost , but I am mmmmmm