Sending Packages By Bus?

highonthai

Anyone have experience send packages to pattaya by the bus?

What is the procedure?

what do I need to do on this end and at the recipient ends?

Cost's etc.

Any inf. would be appreciated.

Thanks

post-17260-1260335788_thumb.jpg

Edited by highonthai

I have done it on Nakonchai Air buses, but don't remember much.

They give a code to the sender on his reciept and he tells the sender who picks it up at the bus station.

Sending it by post is a lot easier and might be better than having to go to the station, etc.

It is not a great deal pricewise if I remember correctly.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Thanks for the reply, But I still would like to know the produre for sending by bus if anyone knows.

It's really simple and reliable from my experience. I recently sent a package by bus to Buriram (live citrus trees), but the procedure would be the same for Pattaya. Nakhonchai Air (nca.co.th) has daily overnight service to Pattaya, the first bus leaves at about 7pm I believe.

They have their own terminal at Arcade bus station, in the back corner near 7/11. And they have a shipping desk next to the ticket sales.

Just address the boxes clearly with recipients phone number too. Take the packages to the shipping desk on the day that you want to ship, they fill out the forms and give you a receipt. You pay right there at the side of the ticket booth and it's a done deal. Call the recipient and tell them the time of arrival. They have to pick up at the bus station so be sure they know where it is and the arrival time. I don't know how long they will hold for pick up.

NCA is super efficient and almost always exactly on time. I haven't used other bus lines since I discovered NCA's extraordinary service.

There is usually at least one English speaking ticket agent at the windows for bus tickets, but not at the shipping desk. good luck, don