Rubber/eucalyptus Trees

Wietsche

I have 100rai under Eucaluptus trees that I want to remove.

I have tried to find out the most efficient way to do the removal, but all searches and advise is that it an extremely difficult and costly exerise.

My latest thought is to hire a Buldozer (D8) with rippers and try to clean the land.

Do anybody know of an more efficient way, or does anybody know where I can rent a Buldozer.

The farm is in Fao Rai close to Nong Khai

Thanks

Wietsche

I can rent you a large 4WD 260hp Ford tractor with a 3 tine ripper on the back - the tines are adjustable i.e. we can move them round and add or take tines off. Spacing 2 tines at around 40cm - 45cm and then ripping the soil down to 3'/1m either side of the trunk is usualy enough to tear the roots sufficiently for the tree to then be pulled out with tractor mounted chains, or pushed over/out with a front end mounted blade on the tractor.

The all important question however, is: how big are the trees? (diameter of trunk???)

Rubber trees up to around 350mm diameter can usualy be dealt with as above, and euc's up to around 300mm (max) - but once you start getting any larger than this, although the tractor has plenty plenty sufficient power, even with duals on both the front and back axles (i.e. 8 tyres) my experience is that even a 150hp Cat, with it's high gear ratio's and far superior steel track traction and addition mass, offers much better traction and pulling ability

Could use the tractor to rip the roots, and a Cat to then pull them out

I can't help you on the Cat, but if you're interested (and if the trees are within size) - let me know and we can talk further.