King

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Lennon

Gerrard

Rooney

Crouch

.....and no, i would'nt pick James but it seems Capello is going to :)

i think you could be right there Mr Carmine but to be fair i like the look of Nad's team and its a good choice for somebody who lately talks out of his rear end :D

Edited by alfieconn

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shearer - "let's win it for Rio"

Nah, let's win it for England.

haha, is that what shearer's said? i think he's incapable of speaking in non-cliches.

let's win it for becks, rio, woodgate, downing and my old mam's steak and kidney pie.

Are you a Spurs fan? as i cant see any reason to drop Terry for Dawson on the basis Terry is far better,

He might be far better but he is a complete <deleted> knob and the thought of him being immortalised in England's sporting history makes me shudder... not that of course i have too many fears about our lads making history....

Geoff Hurst winds me up though and he most certainly is immortalised for his goals in 66, he thinks the world owes him a living because of it, he constantly whines on about having to sell medals, not getting paid like todays players and if there is ever anything to do with cashing in on the WC he will be there, he just seems thicks as pigs muck to me, but im glad he played for England even though i wasnt born then.

Come on you'll be applauding every tackle Terry makes, no matter that he's not your cup of tea.

Are you a Spurs fan? as i cant see any reason to drop Terry for Dawson on the basis Terry is far better,

He might be far better but he is a complete <deleted> knob and the thought of him being immortalised in England's sporting history makes me shudder... not that of course i have too many fears about our lads making history....

Come on you'll be applauding every tackle Terry makes, no matter that he's not your cup of tea.

Yep, but if he's on the pitch and wearing an England shirt then it's not like i have any say in the matter.

This i think will be the team for the first game

James

Johnson

Terry

King

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Lennon

Gerrard

Rooney

Crouch

.....and no, i would'nt pick James but it seems Capello is going to :)

i think you could be right there Mr Carmine but to be fair i like the look of Nad's team and its a good choice for somebody who lately talks out of his rear end :D

This is obviously on the basis of fitness and i think Barry might not make this one. If so, then Capello might rue his decision to take a certain horribly out of form Man Utd player.

James

Johnson

Terry

King

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Lennon

Gerrard

Rooney

Crouch

.....and no, i would'nt pick James but it seems Capello is going to :D

:)

Now now ...this is not the place for Club vs Country squabbles is it Alfie!

The problem is when posting on Harrys thread you have got to spout drivel to keep one amused it is just getting like the City thread nowadays :D and us higher mortals are used to them chatting shit also :D

Did you like my team because of the Spurs inclusion by any chance :D

James

Johnson

Terry

King

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Lennon

Gerrard

Rooney

Crouch

.....and no, i would'nt pick James but it seems Capello is going to :D

Now now ...this is not the place for Club vs Country squabbles is it Alfie!

The problem is when posting on Harrys thread you have got to spout drivel to keep one amused it is just getting like the City thread nowadays :D and us higher mortals are used to them chatting shit also :D

Did you like my team because of the Spurs inclusion by any chance :D

I actually liked your team because of the non-inclusion of Crouch but use him as plan B.

Playing either Terry or Dawson alongside King would have its pro's and conn's.

Edited by alfieconn

I just think Gerrard will have a better tournament in this role behind Rooney,and we have will have good defensive cover from Barry or Carrick.

And still pace and skill down the flanks with both full backs and J Cole and Lennon on the break.

If Crouch plays we will be to predictable as if we arn't already!

I just think Gerrard will have a better tournament in this role behind Rooney,and we have will have good defensive cover from Barry or Carrick.

And still pace and skill down the flanks with both full backs and J Cole and Lennon on the break.

Truth be known i don't think Gerrard should be playing at all, but if he must then i agree totally with you. Push him further up (and further away from Lampard).

Truth be known i don't think Gerrard should be playing at all, but if he must then i agree totally with you. Push him further up (and further away from Lampard).

So if you did'nt play him, who would you play?

So if you did'nt play him, who would you play?

Up front? I'd have Defoe playing off the last defender with Rooney roaming behind. Defoe to be replaced by Crouch if needed.

Midfield i'd play Lampard and Barry.

Hinges on Barry being fit of course.

If Crouch plays we will be to predictable as if we arn't already!

Maybe predictable, but also unstoppable in the group matches, and possibly the later stages against one of the lesser American teams.

England generally do better with a tall centre-forward, although if we reach the later stages yes then change tactics, that though is not looking like a likely scenario judging from the warm up matches, we'll be lucky to go past second round.

Scholes - Fab call too late

United ace would have returned with England given more time If they'd asked me earlier I probably would have accepted.

Paul Scholes has admitted he would have returned to the England side if he had been given more time to consider an offer from Fabio Capello.

The Manchester Unitedspacer.gif midfielder quit the international scene after Euro 2004 to concentrate on his career at Old Trafford.

But he was offered the chance to return when Capello looked to add greater experience to his squad ahead of the World Cupspacer.gif in South Africaspacer.gif this summer.

Liverpoolspacer.gif centre-back Jamie Carragherspacer.gif accepted the chance to return from the wilderness, but Scholesspacer.gif elected not to make a shock comeback with the Three Lions.spacer.gif

However, the gifted Red Devils midfielder has revealed that if the Italian had spoken to him sooner, the outcome would have been different.

So close

"It's a big decision and I wasn't really given enough time to think about it, so I decided not to take up the offer," he told the Oldham Evening Chronicle.

"If they'd asked me earlier I probably would have accepted.

"There are players in the squad who have spent nearly two years flying all around the world helping England qualify for the World Cup, whereas I haven't been involved for a long time.

"It wasn't a case of wanting to go on holiday, it was the fact that I got the call so close to the tournament, and also I didn't want to take the place of someone who helped get England to South Africa.

"The idea just didn't sit comfortably with me."

Sad

Scholes has also offered his sympathy to United team-mate Rio Ferdinand,spacer.gif who will miss the tournament having suffered a knee injury in England's first training session in South Africa.

"I really feel for Rio, especially getting hurt so close to the start of the action," added Scholes.

"It's not just sad for Rio but for England as well, because he is captain and an important figure."

TOP MAN....we could of done with him

Edited by NADTATIDA1

can anyone else hear simon le bon singing by the way?

his name is rio and he watches from the stand. . .

:):D

Regarding Scholes I hate to say I told you so but well....

No Smokie, he is way too slow going in for the tackle. He'd be red carded every other game. Liability.

No Smokie, he is way too slow going in for the tackle. He'd be red carded every other game. Liability.

Nevertherless you will miss his vision and quality of distribution. Its a shame the younger players lack these qualities as a just don't feel Rooney will get the service he deserves.

Nevertherless you will miss his vision and quality of distribution. Its a shame the younger players lack these qualities as a just don't feel Rooney will get the service he deserves.

Peter Beardsley had that too but i would'nt pick him either. :D

gerrard and lampard in centre mid against the USA is a bad, bad idea.

We know that, so surely the manager does too would'nt you think?

It will be hilarious if Capello picks a 4-5-1 formation for the first game.

Scare the big teams with your statement of intent creativity flair and talent.

Personally,I'd go for......

Hart

Carragher,King,Terry,A.Cole

Lennon,Barry,Lampard,J.Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

But I think,unfortunately,James is going to get the nod in goal and Johnson

will be right back.

Johnson is good going forward,admittedly,but can be a bit of a liability

defensive wise.

Have Gerrard playing in the hole behind Rooney.....surely his best position ?

and have Crouch on the bench to shake things up with 20 mins to go.

Personally,I'd go for......

Hart

Carragher,King,Terry,A.Cole

Lennon,Barry,Lampard,J.Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

But I think,unfortunately,James is going to get the nod in goal and Johnson

will be right back.

Johnson is good going forward,admittedly,but can be a bit of a liability

defensive wise.

Have Gerrard playing in the hole behind Rooney.....surely his best position ?

and have Crouch on the bench to shake things up with 20 mins to go.

Barry is out for the first match so he'll play Carrick i think.

gerrard and lampard in centre mid against the USA is a bad, bad idea.

We know that, so surely the manager does too would'nt you think?

It will be hilarious if Capello picks a 4-5-1 formation for the first game.

Scare the big teams with your statement of intent creativity flair and talent.

Creativity and flair will go on the backburner. We can leave that to Brasil and Spain for the moment. Capello's statement of intent will be to finish top of the group. He knows the teams limitations and will play to their strengths. Champagne football or qualification top of the group. :D The big teams will take more notice of us winning solidly and not conceding.

Creativity and flair will go on the backburner. We can leave that to Brasil and Spain for the moment. Capello's statement of intent will be to finish top of the group. He knows the teams limitations and will play to their strengths. Champagne football or qualification top of the group. :) The big teams will take more notice of us winning solidly and not conceding.

Everyone will look at England and think 'What ugly disappointing football to bring to a World Cup'.

Same old same old.

Its for this reason I hope you don't win it carmine and not for any other.

Creativity and flair will go on the backburner. We can leave that to Brasil and Spain for the moment. Capello's statement of intent will be to finish top of the group. He knows the teams limitations and will play to their strengths. Champagne football or qualification top of the group. :) The big teams will take more notice of us winning solidly and not conceding.

Everyone will look at England and think 'What ugly disappointing football to bring to a World Cup'.

Same old same old.

Probably better to let us play a few games first before deciding on the quality of our football. :D

Same old same old.

Probably better to let us play a few games first before deciding on the quality of our football. :D

as you well know carmine, 3 games is all you get gauranteed, win them or entertain them ,, ie boring teams win world cups

showboaters dont