Chiang Mai Tourist Police Have An Xmas Prezzie

dave2

I never understood why someone would want to volunteer for one of the most corrupt police forces in the world. They were directly behind the 2,500 extra judicial murders on the streets of Thailand a few years back, they control most of the illegal businesses here and they will shoot you dead if they are drunk (Pai, Kanchanburi etc).

Some people think they are little bit better when they have a uniform on.

Like people take a job writing Parking tickets its only for the uniform.

We have a saying in Sweden if you dont fit in the police force go to Army if they dont take you start writing parking tickets.

:)

I never understood why someone would want to volunteer for one of the most corrupt police forces in the world. They were directly behind the 2,500 extra judicial murders on the streets of Thailand a few years back, they control most of the illegal businesses here and they will shoot you dead if they are drunk (Pai, Kanchanburi etc).

Reading something between the lines again loaded? I saw no mention of vlounteers in the original post :)

Well either three wheelers are legal in Thailand despite all the posts comlaining they are not or the Tourist Police should fine themselves at least 400 baht.

Has anyone seen that farang that drives a tuk tuk? It is bigger than a regular tuk tuk in back, like maybe 1/2 the bed from an old Isuzu pick up or something; but only one wheel in front with the same steering mechanism as a tuk tuk. He has a shaved head, very long beard, quite a few tattoos and dresses a little unusual. I saw him again the other day at a Hmong Festival in Sansai. He was wearing blue velvet parachute pants and no shirt. He was getting quite a few looks from the Hmong's. Many people were checking out his tuk tuk. He's a character!

tigerbeer.

re ..... those cats probably farang and got nabbed for not doing 90 day reporting.

nahh they are 100% thai and this is the two little ones mum : )

harry.

re ..... Well either three wheelers are legal in Thailand despite all the posts comlaining they are not.

i think they must have made them legal coz heres another new one for sale near the station .

enjoy .... dave2

ps ... the cats looking a bit glum coz shes got a cold : (

I never said they were not here...in fact I have one but people consistently say they are illegal because they are an unauthorised modification and there is no way they can be authorised. I understand the police have more or less been told that as they are used by the poorer level of society in general and form an important method of transport not to prosecute too often.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

New three wheeled vehicles based on motorcycle engines, modified to be kind of like midget flat-bed trucks in back, painted bright yellow, have been on display, and on sale, for years at the intersection of Thanon Rotfai (the street leading ... south ... down to the main entrance to the railway station) and Charoen Muang for years.

They are always "identical" in appearance, which suggests to us they are factory produced, rather than being local-made custom-mods. Cost : as of a few years ago when we asked : 90k baht.

best, ~o:37;