Ellis Pizza & Pasta

flip

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owned by Italians very good food and in my opinion best pizza in town and at 150BHT very good value. The downside is the ambience or lack of it as its a terraced cottage in the back of beyond hence the prices but well worth a visit. I did put a little review of this place in the restaurant section. And before all you moaning gits start no i dont own it, i dont know the owners, iam not Italian :)

I wonder where the name Ellis comes from as it doesn't sound Italian to me. Is it up the Soi that runs into Nikita Bar with the 7/11 on the corner?

Ellis Island, New York? Where immigrants to the USA were first processed on arrival by ship. Most Italian immigrants arrived there in the early part of the 20th century.

Correct... In that road, turn left on temple road.. Then you end up in Happy Home... From there its some meters.. and yes.. There is a sign...

I wonder where the name Ellis comes from as it doesn't sound Italian to me. Is it up the Soi that runs into Nikita Bar with the 7/11 on the corner?

went today...

food is superb, had a pizza priosciuto (quite big) for 150 baht, best pizza i had here in phuket so far..!

also the pasta etc. great and reasonable prices

the italian owners cooking and mostly italian people going to eat there...

location/atmoshere not really that great but superb food, reasonble rates...!

can recommend it !!!!!

I too got a couple of takeaway pizzas there recently and it's a really good pizza. The fetuccini crab looks like something I need to try in the future.

Not sure if you guys have been to M and M since they relocated , had family here for xmas so we ate out a lot , my son in law who lives and works in London stated that the Ravioli was the best he had eaten anywhere in the world and the pizzas close to the best , but to my surprise we also ate out at Amalfi and hard to believe the Pizzas were better , all in all the level of food in both of these places is excellent and well worth a visit ...

Cheers CdM

the pizza at M&M is nothing special, just ok.

ordered 2 times pizza there in the last weeks and it was ok, not more, not less.

their new location is of course much much better/nicer then the old one! (old place was terrible)

for the pizza(pasta also very good) i still would say, ellis..! at least in the chalong/rawai/naiharn area and of course cheaper than amalfi and M&M

the pizza at M&M is nothing special, just ok.

ordered 2 times pizza there in the last weeks and it was ok, not more, not less.

their new location is of course much much better/nicer then the old one! (old place was terrible)

for the pizza(pasta also very good) i still would say, ellis..! at least in the chalong/rawai/naiharn area and of course cheaper than amalfi and M&M

hey flip , i am yet to go to ellis but have been to have a look at the menu , it would have to be takeaway as the atmosphere and location is crap in my opinion , try amalfi again see what you think , something has changed and i suspect its the flour they are using and also i feel M and M pizzas are under cooked hence soggy !!

Cheers

CdM

I have tried Ellis Pizza in Rawai 2 times. If you like Esan Pizza with no Itallian spices this is the place for you. The second time I ate I asked for spices and they give them to me to put on the pizza and it was OK. The crust was also OK. The Esan cooks just can't get it right.

I have tried Ellis Pizza in Rawai 2 times. If you like Esan Pizza with no Itallian spices this is the place for you. The second time I ate I asked for spices and they give them to me to put on the pizza and it was OK. The crust was also OK. The Esan cooks just can't get it right.

hi don , not sure what you mean by Esan Pizza ?? as for the cooks i was under the impression the owner is Italian ....

Cheers CdM

the owners are from italy, yes... and a lot of italian people eating there too...

i have no idea, if they have thai people cooking there too but at least "supervised/trained" by the italian couple..

and again, we tried few times the pizza, pasta, caprese etc., was all good/very good (always compared with amalfi, m&m, modena etc.)

If I can ever get past the Tandoori restaurant, I'll give the place a try.

Hey Karen , never been always go next door to the seafood place ,how good is it ??

Cheers

For me I would say it was the best indian on the island..

Might have been lucky as not been often enough, but top marks.

The Tandoori is good but the prices are too high i think. I ate in the seafood place beside it last night and it was good but if you go 2 or 3 more restaurants down to Mama Klong i think you get the best food for the best prices on Rawai Beach. Must try the pizza place soon as i just live around the corner.

The Tandoori is good, but don't expect to get out of there for less than 800 baht for 2 people if you have a beer or two and eat Thai style with dishes shared between the two of you.

And thats a bad thing ??

You tried the indian prices in west coast tourist areas lately ??

The Tandoori is good, but don't expect to get out of there for less than 800 baht for 2 people if you have a beer or two and eat Thai style with dishes shared between the two of you.

And thats a bad thing ??

Nah, I don't go to west coast touristy places. Just advising that compared to local eateries, it's on the higher side.

And thats a bad thing ??

Nah, I don't go to west coast touristy places. Just advising that compared to local eateries, it's on the higher side.

Struggling to come up with comparable local eateries selling Indian tandori ?? Whats cheaper ??

Even the food court indian stall in central, a Thai plate of slopped out reheated buffet is 180 baht, without drinks or beers.

Struggling to come up with comparable local eateries selling Indian tandori ?? Whats cheaper ??

Even the food court indian stall in central, a Thai plate of slopped out reheated buffet is 180 baht, without drinks or beers.

Can't recall mentioning same type of food in the area, only mentioning local eateries; pizza, seafood, Thai, Mexican, Italian, American etc. I don't think there are any other rawai/nai harn Indian restaurants. Regardless, it appears that if anyone wants to eat Indian on the island, it's one of the more expensive choices.